Ponder vs. think

Hi,

Yes, it is an incomplete sentence because the person speaking doesn’t finish what they are saying. The speaker is interrupted by the sound of the bells. You have to read the test as a piece of conversation from sentence 1 to 10.

Alan

I don’t know if this happen only with me…but a few times happend that I answered correctly to the question an also the result it was something different, and sais that’s incorrenct.
So in this way my progress results are incorrect.
Had somebody observed the same problem, or this happen only with me?

Thank you!
I’m waiting for you answers.

Hi! thank you for the excellent explanation about “think-ponder” I had many doubts about it, but now it’s pretty clear.

Regards

Lourdes.

Dear Torsten,
I have answered 6 questions out of 10 correctly about test Bells.I have a question about one of your sentenses in lesson 23(rd).you sa

I thought the correct word to use is ponder, not necessarily as the for sake of pondering, but as another meaning of this word -intricate. Well, today I’ve learned something new. Thank you!
Norminha

but what does the bells mean here??

It’s literal.
A bell is a hollow metal object shaped like a cup which has a piece hanging inside it that hits the sides and makes a sound.

Hi Gkohli,

We are talking about the church bells ringing and making a loud noise, in this test.

Alan

it’s a awful question… I didn’t like it… but I really enjoy this site

Hi Jordano,

Note ‘an’ awful question. ‘Ponder’ usually has the sense of think very deeply/for a long time about something.

Alan

PS It’s not really an awful question!

Dear Torstan,

I am getting very well along with my English course , but I am not writing much on the forum which I want to write . I take time to write and it needs lot of free time which I don’t get .Every time I say I will write later on but I don’t write later.
I went through Sandra’s progress report. It is informative. The test ’ The Bells ’ seems to be difficult for me. Let’s see.

Dear Teacher,

Thanks for the lesson. I have 5 correct sentenses only. I will try next test to get better result.

Sherly

Ok I understood, but I think that the problem was that the sentence was written incomplete, its more difficult to complete the sentence in that way.

Thanks for explanation

I understood, but I think that it was difficult because the sentences were incomplete.

Thanks for explanation

Hello,
I don’t understand why ‘think’ be used here. Can you explain this for me.
Thanks so much
Kimlien

Hi,

‘Ponder’ usually suggests : think deeply about something. You need ‘think’ in the test sentence because someone is asking for an opinion.

Alan

really this sentence looks incomplete

It is incomplete, as indicated by the ellipsis.

I don’t understand why the writer chose to leave the question that way though.

still I am unable to understand what is mean of Ponder. Could you please expalain?
Thank You

still I am unable to understand what is mean of Ponder. Could you please expalain?
Thank You