Please help us choose a topic for our photo contest!

Hi I vote for pets I have a asociation to rescue animals the name is Jo y muchas pulgas
I have a lot of pictures about them. the most important about this is to comunicate
to kids how take care the animals.
I´m going to send some pictures, I hope you like it.
regards.
ari.

Can you gues where I was in this picture? Hihi…Yes, It’s me at my house on my sister wedding party. Is it look so strange? In my country, especially at my countryside people often organize the wedding by many kinds of flower and decorate them like that. It’s called ’ flower gate’ and when the bride go pass it, she become daughter-in-law of the groom’s parent offically.
I really like this picture because my daddy told me that ’ Are you want to become my daughter-in-law baby?’ And of course everyone were there in that day doubled up with laughter.

Good afternon Torsten I’m sanguan khiew khum from Thailand. thank you very much for every thing since Thailand it’s politics cisise I’m unhappy because I’m red shirt man now a day very very unhappy .

thank so much

sanguan khiew khum

Good morning everyone I’m from Thailand very glade to know you

thank you very much

sanguan khiew khum

Hi everyone;

Our friend looks very happy driving his cheep home;it’s rush day for all muslim’s specially for morccan poeple;everyone has to ensure his cheep for the day of sacrifice;it’s a holy day for the muslim poeple.all families meet to celebrate this day.

made in Morocco.

Cape Town: View from Table Mountain
On the right you can see the brandnew Cape Town stadium for the World Championship 2010 :slight_smile:

Hello everybody!

Here you can see some pictures of my yard. Besides teaching I work with Landscaping and make crafts. I like to get old things, sometimes a piece of wood, flower pots, old pieces of furniture and turn these findings into something beautiful.
Working with gardening is an endless job; there is always one more weed to be pulled, one more flowerbed to be renewed. Teaching is not that different, there are always things to be taught, to be learned,to be reviewed. This is not a complaint, don’t get me wrong, I’m so glad I can work with what I like.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.

Flávia

Hi I have big problem about reading fast and comprehention . I alwas have less time anserw question in any examination please help me about this problem
Thanks a lot

Hi, dear all.
First of all I want to thank one and all who help us to study the English language. Alan,Torsten, Kitosdad, Mister Micawber, Beeesneees, Mordant you are a great team and I really appreciate all your help.

As far as our photo theme is ‘The place I live or work in’ I would like to show you my native city, in other words, the place where I have been living and working since my childhood. I’m sure some of you have already heard about “Venice of the North” or Saint-Petersburg. Actually, there are many cities that we can name “Venice of the North” in the northern Europe. And all of them strike our imagination with their beauty and spirit. But all masterpieces of architecture are meaningless and useless without people who make them real. People, who live and work in the cities. And this means that only we – people may change the faces of our villages, towns and cities. We can beautify of destroy them. And do so we show our own faces.

When we really love someone, we do it despite all his or her shortcomings, sins and etc. It doesn’t matter whether your friend, partner or relative is handsome or ugly, ill or healthy, rich or poor. That’s why I would like to show you two faces of my city. The first one is well-graced and the second is unbeautiful.

I should be grateful if you mark my mistakes.

[photo]367[/photo]

[photo]368[/photo]

[photo]369[/photo]

[photo]370[/photo]

[photo]371[/photo]

[photo]372[/photo]

[photo]374[/photo]

[photo]375[/photo]

[photo]376[/photo]

[photo]377[/photo]

Hi Geo!
What a philosophic approach to the task!
To tell you the truth I expected to see here your Osia and to tell him a cat’s hi from my Basia. :slight_smile: But you choose more sophisticated way to participate in this thread. I’d rather you showed here also the traditionally beautiful views of St. Petersburg.

Hi, Bagheera301

I’d rather I showed the traditionally beautiful views of my city too. But officials on the take or extortioners have already destroyed many historical buildings in Moscow and now they start doing it in St.-Petersburg. They decided to build so-called «Gazprom city». It will include the tallest skyscraper in Europe – Gazprom tower. Apart from that they tear down old historical houses and put up shopping malls in the center of my city.
These public servants are only interested in money, easy money.

Executive Secretary of the Commission for UNESCO threatened to exclude the city from the list of UNESCO World Heritage sites. But Smolensky city court allowed to build the tower yesterday.

Hey Geo777,

I see your point friend and I understand you very well. The same takes place in my city - the fat cats’re building modern buildings in the historical part of Lviv (the city where I live, also an ancient one) where modern buildings don’t fit at all. They keep destroying ancient remants despite the fact that architects and historians try to prevent it. Though only people who have money turn out to win in this dirty game.
Besides Lviv also was under threat to be excluded from the UNESCO list due to the actions of some power hungry politicians. Oh boy, nothing can be done about that!

I consider myself a lucky person, I live in a beautiful country where people are friendly and helpfull, our biggest problem is our politicians they live to steal money from the people they create taxes and taxes just to get more and more in their pockets…
Well it is about goood things…so here I am in my workplace celebrating my mothers birthday…I have a small buffet as we call it here…it is a place with games and toys where people come to celebrate …it is usually for kid´s party but as you can se we do it for growups too…
I hope you enjoy it…best wishes
Elaine

Hi, as u now the country which i live is afghanistan and i live in the north and i have a picture from the view of my city and one historical place in the name of Takht-e-Rosta. I was not able to fined how to post it, and i am too late for that. sorry for these all.

Don’t worry friend,
You will have an opportunity to post your photos. And don’t be sorry. Everyone here is learning.

Hey thts an awesome pic of cape town!
I live in a metropolitan city, i shall upload pics soon too :)!

Can you guess where the place in the photo is? This is where my grandfather lived when he was alive. You can see some almond trees in the photo and of course blue sky which can not be found in the cities these days. I took this photo in Feb 2010 by my own camera. Nowadays no one lives in this beautiful place because it’s a little far from the city. But it is really quiet and clean.

The second photo is a place named “tange vashi”. I went there one month ago with my classmates. It is a river located between two mountains. It’s about 30 min walk in water which has a low depth in the beginning and gets deeper at the end of the Canyon. Then you arrive to a very big and beautiful plain which is full of purple flowers in spring. The kings of Iran used to go there for hunting and entertainment in the previous century. There is a lithography on one of the mountains which is related to those days.

Hello, everyone, My name is Victor and I am from Moscow. Last weekend, 12 June, people of Russia celebrated their national holiday. So I had an opportunity to visit one of the most beautiful cities of the world - St. Petersburg. The result of my trip was a collection of photos that I am going to share with you. Can you guess what is on the pictures?
Have a look and evaluate them. Sincerely yours, Victor

My life is quite simple with work and people.
Work seems never ends. But I am getting used to with my busy office. Although it’s a mess but don’t know when it become so lovely to me. This is Nike office in Vietnam.

Now here is my team. Beautiful girls. Fighting all the time but this is time for pose on pic. Everyone looks happy. I am the pink girl with the green turtle

A good picture with my competitor. She is in another team…An amazing competitor. she is one of my work motivation.

A peaceful place in my heart: home!

Now, time for relaxing. This place is called Stream of Flowers which aroudn 20 km from my house. An incredible place for relaxing with stream, mountain, flower, horses.

Another favourite place in Hanoi (capital of vietnam). I was there in a Poem Festival
My brain gain some energy after enjoy sweet poems and paintings there

Still in the the Festival and very impressed with the ceramic exhibition

Turn back to work again. We often have to participate in the big conference like this. The woman sat next to me is my boss.

The lake behind me is a romantic place. Flowers are very where. I always good to have a place to enjoy some fresh air!

This is Hoi An, a world Heritage! Ancient town. 15 kM far from my house. Tourist just love it. Very rich culture…with good food and candid people.