Personal Pronouns (Unit 1)

Hello Chandu,

Welcome to english-test.net and many thanks for posting your first message here on the forum. It’s great to see you have managed to become an active forum member because now you can benefit from the experiences and thoughts of other learners. As for your writing skills, they already seem pretty good and you might be able to improve them even further by following these suggestions.

Let me know what you think.
Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening discussions: Why does the student visit the registrar’s office?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten,

Thankyou so much for your encourgement and support.I will definitely follow your English lessons.

Thnks a lot,
Chandu

Hi Chandu,

Did you take a look at the page I posted in my previous message?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two students (1)[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten,

Yes, I had a look that suggestion page. Now I read all the messages. While reading what I understand is:

1. space after commas and full stops.
  2. capital letter at the beginning of a sentence.
  3. capital letters for proper names.
  4. full stops/periods at the end of each sentence.

If I make a any mistakes, please let me know.

I have a question here: How can I use comma(,) and pull stop(.) in the sentences?What is the diffrence between comma(,) and pull stop(.) ?

Hi Chandu,

Yes you understood all these rule correctly. You put a full stop at the end of each sentence while you use commas to separate different parts of a sentence from each other. This sounds pretty complicated. You’ll learn about punctuation much faster if you read a lot and pay attention to commas and full stops.

Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a student and a campus patrolman[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten,

I am telling about myself. I am from India. I am married. currently I am living in USA long with my family. I have finished my bachelor degree in india and I am palnning to write a Toefl exam. I want to go to graduate school here in USA. I am eargerly waiting to learn more lessons.

My aim is: First I need to pass the Toefl exam.

please give me your suggestions and guidance.

Thank you,
Chandu

Hi Chandu,

I think you can improve your written English even further if you download and install Firefox because it’ll help you weed out any typos and stick basic spelling rules.

In addition, I suggest you read how to prepare for the TOEFL.

Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening discussions: Why is the young woman unfamiliar with Q22?[YSaerTTEW443543]

hello Mr Torsten

I want just said

thank you and G-d bless you

Hello Torsten Daerr
Thank you for your exercises. It’s very wonderful. I’m glad to learn English in this forum. I hope I can improve my English as soon as possible with your help. Thank you very much!
Thunu

Hi Torsten,
Nice to see you and glad to learn the first lesson here. It really give me a great favor. :slight_smile:
Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for teaching me on my English.

Well, HeBei province of China is my hometown, although I am working in Shanghai now. Almost everyone in our team can use English well, but I cannot speak frequently, cannot hear very clearly, especially for Indian English … :frowning:

So I hope and belive that you can give me all that I wondered, right?
How grateful am I now to be your friend, if you would like. :slight_smile:

Have a nice day, or maybe should be a good night!

Regards,
Candy Chen

Hello Candy Chen,

Welcome to english-test.net and thanks for your introduction. If you like, you can take this test and let me know how many questions you got right on the first attempt.

Best regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Prayer time[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Mr.Torsten.
I am very happy to join your enlish lessons.
Iam egyption teacher of english.
I ask you to give me some instructions about the means of translation to english.
thank you very much.

Hi Torsten,
Thank you for your considerations about me.
I have done the exercise - “At the Restaurant”, which you asked me to do.
Unfortunately, I have gotten only 5 points of totally 10 questions. And now I want to list the error answers to you and expect all your suggestions:

1. The food here is quite good although the menu is quite basic.
    My answer is: easy.
    In my mind, I cannot see the differences very clearly among these words: elementary, basic, easy and fundamental.
  2. I promise you that during here will be really an exciting experience for you.
    My answer is excited.
    Do you think “excited” should be described for person and “exciting” for something?
  3. It can be very irritating when the waiter forgets to bring what you have ordered.
    My answer is forgot.
    In my opinion, “forgets” means the action done all the time so it is not proper here.
  4. As they’re special patrons of the restaurant, they always get a good table.
    My answer is Customer.
    In fact, I don’t quite understand the meaning of “patrons”. :frowning:
  5. The restaurant was listed in the guide as it had been judgedto be of the appropriate standard.
    My answer is respected.
    Could you please explain their meanings by “valued”, “esteemed”, “respected” and “judged”? And I wonder when shall we use these
    words?

Torsten, Could you please give me suggestion how to learn English more efficiently as I have learned English over 10 years but still cannot communicate with others smoothly?

Expecting for all your great helps and any replies!
Thanks a million.

Best Regards,
Candy Chen

Hi Torsten,

How are you? I am doing fine :slight_smile: Thanks a lot for the first unit!

Madhu

Hi, Torsten! Thanks a lot for your web-course. Would you be so kind to correct me if I’m not right. For getting maximum result I need to organize my learning process like that:
1)pass the test and if I made a mistake read the explanation and try to remember it
2)listen audio file and try to pronounce like a narrator
3)read a story or article
4)write a short message about what I learn
Is it right?
Thanks ones more.

Hello Mr Torsten,
I passed first test with a result 8.

Hi Svitlana,

Welcome to english-test.net and many thanks for sharing your result of the first test. Please take the test again and try to answer all questions correctly.
Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Rescue personnel helping out[YSaerTTEW443543]

Thanks Torsten, it’s perfect that there are explanation of mistakes. I read them carefully and get the greatest pleasure.

Yes Svitlana, you can ask us any questions here on the forum because this is a very effective learning method. By the way, when you complete more than 5 tests, you will appear on our Top 100 List.

Let me know what you think.
Дякую,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A horse and carriage[YSaerTTEW443543]

Mr Torsten,
Thank you for first lesson.It was some kind of review to me. I am going to do test now…