People today spend too much time on personal enjoyment. Doing things they like to do- rather than doing things they should do

Nowadays, people have the right to decide for themselves, and we are able to seek our own happiness. In my opinion, many people tend to choose spending time alone for their enjoyment rather than doing things they should do, because we can decide by myself what I want to do. Therefore, I agree with this statement. I feel this way for two main reasons, which I will explore in the following essay.

To begin with, many individuals have their own hobbies and desires to achieve something. Aside from working and studying at school, we should spend time alone. mainly because, compared to the past, we have a lot of individual time. For example, I have a hobby of traveling and experiencing new things. Furthermore, I have a dream of working in the United States as a journalist. In order to achieve these desires, I definitely need a large amount of time, and I do not have time to waste. Some successful people drop out of school to prioritize their time. But I believe all of our rights to decision-making belong to ourselves.

Secondly, time for self-enjoyment is quite important. Nowadays, we have to socialize with people in company and school. Therefore, we do not have much time to spend alone and relax. For example, when I was a high school student, my hobby was playing video games. However, I had to go to school and play soccer for my club team. One cannot deny that studying is the most important thing and should be prioritized for students, but I did not want to go to the soccer club team. Although playing soccer and communicating with team mates were fun, I needed time to relax and enjoy my hobbies. We had to go to the club every day even though it was our holiday. Now, I have more time to myself, and I think time alone is important for me.

In conclusion, sometime, people should prioritize doing something, which they should do. However, separating time for our desires, such as hobbies or dreams, is extremely important to ensure our satisfaction. Therefore, I definitely agree that people spend too much time on personal enjoyment instead of doing what they ought to do.

3 Likes

Nowadays, people have the right to decide for themselves, and we are able to seek our own happiness. In my opinion, many people tend to spend their time alone rather than doing things they should do, because we can decide for ourselves what I want to do. Therefore, I agree with this statement. There are two main reasons for this, which I will discuss in the following essay.

First of all, many people have their own hobbies and desires to achieve something. Besides work and school, we should have time for ourselves, especially because we have much more time for ourselves compared to the past. For example, I have a hobby of traveling and experiencing new things. I also dream of working as a journalist in the United States. To realize these desires, I definitely need a lot of time, and I have no time to waste. Some successful people drop out of school to waste their time. But I believe that we all have the right to decide for ourselves.

Secondly, time for yourself is very important. Nowadays, we have to contact with people in the company and in school. Therefore, we donā€™t have much time to spend alone and relax. For example, when I was a high school student, my hobby was playing video games. But I also had to go to school and play soccer on my club team. You canā€™t deny that learning is the most important thing and should be a priority for students, but I didnā€™t want to go to the soccer team. Although playing soccer and communicating with teammates was fun, I needed time to relax and pursue my hobbies. We had to go to the club every day, even though we were on vacation. Now I have more time for myself, and I think that this time is important for me.

To sum up, sometimes you should prioritize doing something you should do. However, it is extremely important that we make time for our desires, such as hobbies or dreams, to ensure our satisfaction. Therefore, I definitely agree that people spend too much time on their personal pleasure instead of doing what they should be doing.

3 Likes

Thank you very much!!!

1 Like

You are welcome. If you like, you can comment on this essay.

Dear Torsten, I think ā€œ Some successful people drop out of school to prioritize their time.ā€ Kei12345 writes at the end of the first paragraph probably means that those people drop out of school because they want to use the time to do their own things, or fulfill their dreams? Such as Bill Gates.
I believe those people may donā€™t want to waste timeā€¦:eyes:
The ā€œButā€ after the sentence, I donā€™t know how to explainā€¦

1 Like

Can you please quote the entire sentence so we can take a look together?

1 Like

Kei13425:" In order to achieve these desires, I definitely need a large amount of time, and I do not have time to waste. Some successful people drop out of school to prioritize their time. But I believe all of our rights to decision-making belong to ourselves."

Torsten: ā€œTo realize these desires, I definitely need a lot of time, and I have no time to waste. Some successful people drop out of school to waste their time. But I believe that we all have the right to decide for ourselves.ā€

:sunflower:

2 Likes

I agree that the OP meant ā€˜prioritizeā€™ and not ā€˜wasteā€™.

Another option might be ā€œbetter utilize their timeā€.

1 Like