My favourite book

Hello everyone! My name is Irina and in this recording I’d like to tell you about my favourite book. It’s ‘The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People’ by Stephen Covey. The book helped me to acquire some useful habits and I’d like to share three of them with you.
Firstly, be proactive. It means that our behaviour depends on our decisions and not the surrounding persons. For example, there is no use to blame your relatives or boss for misfortune. Probably, the reason lies inside you.
Secondly, begin with the end in mind. Try to understand what you want in the future and work towards it. Now I often visualise the result and the way to get it.
At last, first things first. This point means that you should set a priority of what you do. So the matrix of importance vs urgency usually helps me to prioritize my daily tasks.
Well, I hope you enjoyed the topic of my recording. It would be interesting to hear about your favourite books as well.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing your favoutrite book, it’s & Habits. The example, you pointed out that the behaviour depends on our decisions, and your recording of the same so inspired.

3 Likes

@Shanthisethuraman, thank you for your comment. I’ll be glad, if I inspire you to make a recording about your favourite book. I’m sure that english.best forum is a great place to learn and share.

3 Likes

My friend recommended that I read this book, but somehow I didn’t pay much attention on it. But now I have more free time and I’m interested in reading it.
Thank you very much for the recommendation! Could you suggest any other books that you like?

3 Likes

Personally, I’m not too fond of books about self-development, motivation, etc. They make me more bored. I believe that if you can’t find inspiration in yourself, then it is unlikely that any author will help you. I prefer fiction and movies. My favorite one is the novel “Between The World and Me”. I liked it so much that I reread it several times and recommend it to everyone. I even wrote my essay on this novel, you can read it on a site, which contains many valuable materials on various topics. They also help students with writing papers if such a problem arises. I often read different works on various topics there because the material is really interesting. I highly recommend taking a look at this resource.
And recommend your favorite works of fiction, I want to read something new.

2 Likes

I like detective stories as well. One of my favourite authors is Robert Galbraith. I could recommend ‘Silkworm’ and ‘Troubled Blood’.

1 Like