Looking for project contributors

Dear Torsten,

Well, what can I TELL you. I have been teaching English at a Binational Center for many years, actually 9 years now. I think that along this time I have listened to 15 audio books which have audio listening activities about different topics. I have earned my bachellor’s degree as well as my Professional Title; I’m a licentiate in pedagogy. My title says, “High School Teacher majoring in English.” I have gotten the Certificate of Proficiency in English from the University of Michigan, too.
I am currently working on my thesis to get my master’s degree. It’s about Teaching English as a Foreign Language. I am really interested in contributing to this project since it sounds not only interesting but also rewarding. My being part of this amazing project would help me improve my listening skills, contribute to the society, and know more about China, which is the most populated country in the world.

Thanks for keeping in touch and giving me the golden opportunity to possibly be part of this project.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Elisa

My name is Jaime and I would like to participate on your project even though
I do not know how much we will be working on the project.

Dear Torsten,
I’m very interested in the project. I haven’t listened to any audio books but my listening comprehension is good. It will be a great pleasure if you involve me in the project.

regards,
Rika

Hello Torsten,
Thanks for inviting. I would like to participate in this project. I want to improve my listening comprehension skills.

Best regards,
Rimte

Hello,

I’m interested in participating in the project. Listening to audios is my favourite practice to learn English.

Best Regards

Isabel

Dear Tersten
I apologize , I’ve not too much time , of course I thank you for the idea , be in progress , good luck

i will be proud to join this project, how could i join it?

Hi Toreten,
Iam glad to work with u in this project.Ive taken some listening books in the unv .Ill do my best just let me know more about it.
Best Regards,
Amal-yamani
Jordan-AMMAN

The project is very interesting. I will take part. I have listened to a lot of audio books recently. regards

Hi Torsten. First of all I want to tell how much glad I am to be invited to make part of this team cause I admire your work and the help that everyone in the site give us everyday. I think I’ve read about fifteen audiobooks so far and I’m always reading short articles now and then. I hope I can help the other students can learn as much as I did from people like you. So… just call me and I’ll be there.

Yes, it sounds great! I would like to join you.

hello torsten!
asking me wether i want to participate to this project is like telling me to spit out that honey that someone i don’t know poured into my mouth! but i have a concern. the things is i have not listen to audio books as such but i am always listening to bbc program on which there is a program for telling story that i can consider as listening to audio books. in addition listening was one of the module where i did well at the university. you can trust me and i’ll do my utmost to satisfy your expectations. just tell me how things will be organized and i’ll be on my way. now concerning the reason why i am interested in the project is that i am a new english teacher in my country. i don’t want to look like those old fashion english teachers who teach english but are no more fluent. english is more than a language for me it is my passion. so all i can do to preserve this passion or make it blossom is to better myself by all means tthanx and see you

Hello Torsten
that project seems very interesting,i study english at university, so i extremly need like that audio books to practice more oral ,because whenever i try to speak english i get confused ,that’s will be very helpful
salam
Hassan

Dear Torsten,
I’m quite keen to do your project as I am working with my blind trainees here in Malaysia. I have listened to numerous audio files and would like to know more about your project. I would like to know how much time do we have to complete the listening assignment. Thanks.

Lisa, English language instructor for the blind

Hello Torsten,
Your project makes me interesting as I have been trying to improve my listening skill. I have a lot of practice for listening comprehension but I haven’t heard such a listening comprehension audio book. If I want to take part in your project , what will be my preparations? I am looking forward to seeing you.
Thank you
Aung Moe

Dear Torsten,

English has a wonderful sound. It’s much softer than my mother tongue German although not as melodious as Italian or as romantic as Spanish or French. One month abroad in my schooldays awoke a love (and provided good marks in the English classes). However language abilities like all skills tend to vanish after not being used for some time. After some years of work (lots of work and little time) I had to make a call to London and found myself searching for words. Then I promised myself never again to get in such a situation. Therefore I started to buy English books, attend language courses again, found an English conversation table, watch DVDs in English and listen to English audio books to regain my fluency. Meanwhile there are over 70 audio books that I love to repeatedly let speak to me (and about 50 participants at our table).

Your project not only provides an opportunity to work in an international team it helps others to improve their language abilities. So I’d love to join the team.

Best regards,

Katrin Niessner

Hi Torsten,

I’m a Chinese and i graduated from a normal university and majored in English teaching. From my 4 years study in the university, i have been listened many listening materials, only listening course, i completed Listen This Way which contains 4 books if i remember right. I’m now working as an interpreter in a multiple national company. I would like to be part of your project team to contribute my effort as English is my favorite.

Regards,
Cliff Yu

Hi Torsten,
am so inteseting to work with am ready !!! am gust asking whats the kind of questions i suppose to ask about ??

thanks

waiting for your reply
nihad …

Hi, Torsten

You know, I am very excited in learning and practicing English. So I am willing to work with you even though it might be difficult for me. I have listened several audio books in English. For example I listened Book 09 till book 30 while I studied American Language especially for the military because I am soldier. After that I listened TOEFL LECTURES from lecture 40 to 50 and I plan to listen all the lectures(50 lectures). Now I am on lecture 11. I listened also the conversations between students and the professor, between students and advisor…on the english-test.net. If I work with you I’ll practice then I can improve my English. That is the reason why I accept working with you.
Jose

Hello everyone,

This is just a quick note to let you know I have read every post in this thread and would like to say ‘Thank you very much for your commitment!’ By the end of next week everyone of you will have received a personal email from me outlining the next steps in the project. You will get a link with the audio file we are going to listen to. You can form small teams of two or three to work on one chapter. Every group is going to create the following four sections:

1. a summary of the contents
  2. a vocabulary list/glossary with keywords, definitions and example sentences
  3. a number of comprehension questions
  4. your personal opinions and ideas on the what the author says

Have a great weekend.
Many thanks,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Introducing a talk on the effects of vitamin D[YSaerTTEW443543]