If someone ask you to give them half loaf of you bread

There are plenty of exercises for those with a little knowledge available through this site.
Sadly, this online forum is not really suitable for complete beginners as there is no way to ensure understanding and communication.

It is difficult to assess what a ‘complete beginner’ is but some of the exercises we offer can help those with hardly any English. I’d hate for that category to consider themselves barred.

Alan

I think anyone who has managed to find our site and register on the forum is not a complete beginner. So anyone on this forum does at least understand some basic English.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: Personal assistant updates her boss on his current agenda.[YSaerTTEW443543]

Dear Sir,

Thank you all for having spent little time for my request for our learners.
Once the learners joined on the forum they started learning English with full swing.
What I feel before considering them as learners, you should examine their
basic level and computer knowledge so that they can easily understand your lessons
and Essays without difficulties.

English Test Net is for by the learners for the learners of the learners. Torsten Sir has
given full freedom to our leaners.

Thank you all

S.Shanthi

I acknowledged the existence of those exercises:

“Complete beginner” = someone who has no English or virtually no English.

I’m glad that Torsten was able to understand my point.

No one is complete beginner on the forum but all are learners.

Hi all respected Moderators!

This is good for us to reach all here.

The same story I tried to tell everybody in the ‘Forum’ one month ago which Ms Bev.
said more authentic way here!

We non-native follow the native speakers’ writing topics with much carefully so that
they should write more cautiously.

Again, I surprise to see a lot of common (but dangerous) grammatical mistakes occurred at this thread but nobody even implied these! No one has noticed these. Every body hesitated to say for not embarrassing the fellow members. In this connection, we expect moderators who can easily interfere here as it is their own jurisdiction —whatever it is.

Alternatively,I have no hesitation to imply- no one should grasp at top of the 100 lists until they have already passed the CEF ( Common European Frame) C1 (better C2) level standard. Because I notice you some irrelevancy where some have already reached to the list! What is the pitfall? We must identify these and those.

Conclusion: If a single one who has reached the top 100 listed rank happens to lough outside of this Forum by his/her bad grammar, this will never be our adroit accolade means instead of a certain liability. Please Everybody should mind it.Thank you as you have indeed concentrated on my post such a long time.

Yes, I enjoyed with the true humanity reflecting here.
Thanks.

I’m afraid it is not humanistic to ask moderators to correct all the grammatical mistakes in every post. :slight_smile:

There must be a lot of errors here. After all, most people here are non-native speakers. Native speakers sometimes make mistakes, let alone non-native speakers. Many moderators are volunteers, we should not take their contribution for granted. In addition, some people don’t like to receive unsolicited corrections. Actively pointing out others’ mistakes must be a thankless job.

To me, I am willing to comprehend what non-native speakers wrote. But I will try to keep myself alert not to learn anything wrong. If I find something confusing that I want to make it clear, I’ll go to another forum - English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms - to ask a question.

No man is infallible. so he needs someone who guides him. But with all good intents and purposes. Otherwise,…

regards.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I want to change my forum picture, so I need your advice your for changing my
forum picture. I don’t know how to do it.

Thank you

S.Shanthi

Dear S, Shanthi,

Please,

1. Press Profile next to the Progress Report.
  2. Delete the Current Image.
  3. Browse the photo you want to upload from your memory stick or database file.
  4. Press Submit.

kind regards.
Kyaw.

Dear Kyaw.

Thank you for your kind advice, I had done it myself without anyone’s help.
Sorry for disturbing you.

Thank you all

S.Shanthi

To Dear Mr. Alan, Mr. Micawber and Bees,

In connection with this very topic of mine, I would sincerely and humbly like to give my gratitude and appreciation for the piece of bread you gave my when I was hungry. I’ve read many English grammar books for years in my study of English as a hobby, and I can assure every learner that your guides and explanations are lucid and precise. Especially as I’m pro-British English I just love bee’s British English. And of course, Mr. Alan’s very knowledgeable writings and Mr. Micawber’s very precise guides. Thank you very much indeed.
Yours sincerely,

Kyaw ( Burma. )

Dear Kyaw,

Thank you for your all topics which you have done with great interest, of course
I am not as intelligent as you, I am used to reading all your comments and feedback.
Sir, I want to know why you have not done voice recording. For a joke, I am writing
this, now-a-days Grammar Check has found for Grammar mistakes, why the Record
Check has not yet come? In short period you have reached Toppers 9 on the forum.
I am really proud of your progress.

Thank you

S.Shanthi

Dear S. Shanthi,

Thank you very much for you kind comment. I’m not that intelligent. But, I set up my target to be No.1 and I simply do what I have to do. I’ll tell you my technique. I read general English apart from Grammar. Like, management, marketing, lyrics, history etc., and languages such as German, Spanish, French even Latin and Greek. So I’m familiar with the words. English has higher percentage of loan words which are mostly in the advanced level vocabulary test. So I have more marks than the average learners, in a faster pace.
Regarding your kind advice, I simply can’t follow it. Burma is still in the village status. We have horrible internet here. So voice recording is not considerable. Oh dear…
I saw you when I was coming up to 9. I hope you can come up too. It’s is not a boastful, but a pleasing thing to see what you’ve achieved.
Slow and steady wins the race?
To be honest though, I have a ego to show that Asians are good in Languages too. Not in a way that racial, political and religious. But in a sportive way. I’ll tell you what, my first English teacher was Wren and Martin English Grammar published in India. I regard it not less than today’s Oxford and Cambridge books. And I learned my advanced level from my British teachers who run a school in Sri Lanka in 1982. They’re also the ones who gave me half of their bread when I was hungry.

kind regards, my lady.

Dear Kywn Min.Lwin,

Thank you very much for your reply and you have cleared all my doubts regarding
your fast improvments in all activities(Progress in ETN Test & all other informations
that you collected from all). I want to wish you for your target to reach No.I.
since you have beening working hard to achieve that goal, definitely you will win
very soon, for that I want to say advanced wishes.

I am also used to reading some magazine like "The Hindu, Frozen thoughts, and so on.
As I am housewife I cannot spend more time in reading and browsing net. The grammar book "Wren & Martin English Grammar which is very good grammar book
in India that I 've already bought and it is always useful to me. That book I bought
only after joining this forum.

Sir Torsten used to send lessons previously, now has asked us to (IInd language English) see online English Movie(Office Space). I am not interested in watching
online movies, I have no time for that. My aim & goal is to learn English as much as
possible, because I feel better in my fluency when I talk to others. I don’t find
any difficulties in writing letters to others, I want to keep touch with English always.
One day I will become master of that language. That day when it will come, I don’t
know. Anyhow I have interest in learning English, that is enough for me.

Wish you all the best

Thank you

S.Shanthi

Dear S. Shanthi,

Thank you very much for your kind compliments. To me someone who learns a language as a hobby can learn faster than the one who learns it as a requirement. In learning language, they need enthusiasm rather than a pressure. That I’ve observed from my students. Even if they have equally good command of the language, the one with the enthusiam learn faster and better. So my method of teaching is based on the senses. Not on the tenses. There are not more than 16 essential tenses to be in the advanced level. For instance, why we have to use the present perfect tense instead of present or past tense is a hard thing to understand for most of the Asian learners, I belive. To write S+ has/have + Past participle V3 is a piece of cake for most of the student. But most of them don’t really know why do we have to write this tense. You know Indians are the best mathematicians in the world. So why not in the languages as well.
I hope you will master your English in the near future.
Of course, I can run faster than you for I have more freetime as a freelance teacher. Not because of that my English is better.

with kindest regards.
Kyaw.

Dear Kyaw.Min.Lwin,

Thank you for your kind reply. I too accept with your concept that Enthuisiasm is
more important for learning any subjects. As you said that Indians are very good
in maths, I was very good in Maths in my school life. Now I have made one formula
for learning English, please let me know whether it is correct or not?

Good Learners = (Enthusiasm + Efforts + Confidence + Practice) - Listening, writing,
learning and attending test)

Total learners - IInd language English Learners = Good Talent learners (Ist language English Learners)

Learners X Learners = Learners to the power of crores

New Learners + Old Learners = Forum

Thank you

S.Shanthi

Dear Ms. S. Shanthi,

Amazing. Lovely creation. I can see your enthusiasm and creative mind. Now I’m learning myself about Toefl exam for my student who want to take it. She’s very good in grammar, still we need to strive for it. No pain, no gain?

kind regards,
Kyaw.

Dear Kyaw,
Thank you very much your explanation :slight_smile:
…and I believe in God, Who created all the people (including the leaders) and everything.
ps.: What does it mean:“Ism”?