Ielts writing task 1 semi-formal letter 7

How is my letter?

Your neighbours have a dog that is noisy at night. You can’t sleep. Write a letter to your neighbours. In your letter:
– describe the problem with the dog
– explain why it is important for you to sleep
– outline what your neighbours could do about the situation.

Dear Ms. Ana,
I am writing to notice that your dog is very noisy at night so I can not sleep with this loud noise.

Since the 3 months, I moved here, I neither have had a good sleep nor even could be slept with this noisy of your dog. Thus, Your dog has constantly barked with big volume throughout every middle night. In addition to scratching and pushing outdoor, it makes me feel tired and losing shuteye after a work-hard day.

Since last month, I have been consequently staying up to prepare for a final-month test so I should be having a comfortable sleep to do well it. I am an insomniac when I force to listen to such a big sound.

I would appreciate it if you could keep your dog silent and not bark in any way that you can. You could send it to a pet shop near our residence.

If you receive my letter, please let me know with a call or message.

Thank you for understanding,
Nhanh

2 Likes

Dear Ms. Ana,
I am writing to you to note that your dog is very noisy at night, so I can’t sleep with this noise.

Since the 3 months that I moved here, I have not had a good sleep nor have I been able to sleep with this noise from your dog. So, your dog has been barking constantly at a high volume during every middle night. In addition to scratching and bumping outside, it makes me tired and I can’t sleep after a busy day.

Since last month, I have been staying up constantly to prepare for an exam last month, so I should have a comfortable sleep to pass it well. I am an insomniac when I am forced to listen to such a great music.

I would appreciate it if you could silence your dog and not bark as much as you can. You could send him to a pet shop near where we live.

If you receive my letter, please let me know by calling or messaging me.

Thank you for your understanding,
Nhanh

2 Likes

Thank you so much, Torsten.

1 Like