I need help...

Hi I am new here, As English is not my native language though I have learned it a bit in school.some times i feel my vocabulary and grammar are not enough and need improvement.
I want to get perfection in written and spoken English.

Can you people help me on how i can improve my grammar and spoken English ?

1 Like

You seem to be doing very well. Welcome to the forums.
To immediately improve written English:
never write ‘wanna’. There is no such word. It’s simply a product of careless speech.
Remember that the pronoun ‘I’ is always wrotten as a capital letter, regardless of its position in a sentence.
Avoid spaces before question marks. The space should come after it. Similarly there should be spaces after capital letters and each new sentence should begin with a capital letter.

1 Like

I usually practise listening video “extra English” with on this web and reading vocabularies english in streamline English - Destinations but not to practise writing vocabularies…
So what do you think I can pass toiec test over 750 points ???

Could you help me some ways to gain that point, my friends?

Thank you for helping me so much.

I’m not a native speaker of English too but I could make it. I think the best way to improve your English is internet surfing, sometimes listening to English songs can be useful, especially when you have the lyrics.

1 Like

Hi Megan,
tell me please how can your advices help improve speaking skills? I mean it can only improve understanding…

1 Like

sure, when listen to English music a lot, most of the commonly used phrases and expressions go to your subconscious memory. you use them although no one taught you. that’s the same for visiting different websites.

1 Like

Hi,
I want to learn englishfluently and make an impression, as it can help me in my future.

1 Like

If you want to master in vocabulary, you need to learn it gradually and meticulously.
Make your own notes of vocabulary, read newspapers, novels etc. Take words out from them which are unfamiliar to you, find out meanings using dictionary and write it down, Search on internet for sentence examples of that words. Try to write an essay or stories, make it checked by any expert or post in this forum for grammatical corrections, try to make emendations from it by yourself.
Best of luck!

1 Like

Hi I am new here, As English is not my native language though I have learned it a bit in school. Some times I feel my vocabulary and grammar are not enough and need improvement.
I want to get perfection in written and spoken English

Can you people help me on how i can improve my grammar and spoken English?

It’s nice to know you observed my sentences. Thanks for pointing out my mistakes.
I would be glad if you further guide me regarding grammar and vocabulary.

1 Like

You are still writing the pronoun ‘I’ without using a capital letter.

1 Like

Oops I think I need to work on concentration more :frowning:

1 Like

Hello teachers,

"He was hard to fight because he had no fear. "
In this case, what does hard mean? I’ve underlined what I do not understand.
I guess it means ‘ready to fight’ but I am not sure.

1 Like

It means ‘difficult’ - it was difficult to (win a) fight with him.

1 Like

Dear Beeesneees,

Okay, I got it. It was a little bit difficult to understand, but I got it. Thank you very much.

By the way I am wondering where does your nickname come from? I pronounce Beeesneees as business. Perhaps I am not right.

Have a nice day.

1 Like

You can find out more about my nickname here:Why Beeesneees?

1 Like

What a coinsidence! I saw this idiom in a dictionary yesterday.

1 Like

Hi, just for correction as we speake here about the perfect writing so you should wirte written and not wrotten.
Thanks,

1 Like

Hi, In my opinion it should be: He was hard to be fought or He was hard to fight him. what do you think?

1 Like

That doesn’t make sense, sorry/

1 Like

Yes, it was a typo. Sometimes they happen.
Just as you should write ‘speak’ and not ‘speake’ and ‘write’ and not ‘wirte’.

1 Like