I expect you (will- are going to) hear about the news?

12- They are showing a film on a different channel ----------------------(I don’t know)
They are showing a film on different channels.

15- The Sahara has a very harsh weather ----------------------( no Idea)
The Sahara has a very extreme climate.

Try correcting ‘has been’ so that the tenses match throughout the sentence.

Why ?? why is the first one wrong ??

I had tried before asking but I found this good

And still I want the other answers … If they are too long for one time please divide them

???

I can do that but I warn you now that I’m unlikely to remember to go back and do them. Perhaps you should consider just posting a few at a time and waiting for those to be answered before you ask more - and then more. It’s very difficult keeping up with what has and hasn’t been sorted out.

There seems to be something missing from your reply.

The plumber tells us not to turn on the water until the leak ____ fixed.

tells = simple present tense.
Use the simple present tense instead of ‘has been’

I don’t think it is. Omarrizk’s answer is certainly not an improvement on the original and means that the same film is being shown on a number of channels.

I suspect the answer is supposed to be ‘they are showing a film on another/the other channel’, but ‘a different channel’ works.

Another flawed or out-dated test, possibly?

1-Our council is conducting an action to reduce the amount of litter ---------------------- (a campaign) yes

2-The paper is running an action against the new privacy laws ----------------------( may be : registering an objection or raising an objection) possibly, but I’d want to use ‘a campaign’ here too!

3- we must join ourselves to win the elections ----------------------( join to win … or get together) yes

4-thy will have to control your passport before they let you in ----------------------(check) yes

5-has he got the necessary qualities to direct a country ---------------------- (qualifications – lead a country ) yes

6-the government was chosen with a small majority ---------------------- (great) (is “with” okay here ??) No The correct answer is ‘by a small majority’.

7- a dictator rules with strength ---------------------- )Repression -power Could be any number of things! It could even be the original. The probable expected answer is ‘fear’.

8- an industrious nation needs a lot of capital investment ----------------------(industrialized) yes

9-The most of people are in favor of change in the low ----------------------(most people-- most of people) Most people… / Most of the people…

10-I am enjoying peasant life now. I’ve moved out of cairo ----------------------(quiet life – rural life) either of those, but you would need an article with them.

11-who is directing the orchestra ----------------------(leading) conducting, probably. However, as most orchestras have a conductor and an orchestra leader (usually the 1st violin) then as a musician I would find them both acceptable.

12- They are showing a film on a different channel ----------------------(I don’t know) See last message.

13- Britain has an enormous cost line ----------------------(coast line ) yes

14- Urbane development needs to be controlled ----------------------( rural —to be increased ) The correct answer is ‘urban’ - no ‘e’.

15- The Sahara has a very harsh weather ----------------------( no Idea) The article relating to weather is not needed.

16- A shop may sell things cheaply when it is having a liquidation …going through liquidation.

Do I say

Fifty minutes (was- were) a long time to wait

I am asking because it is past which means it is not general

You are talking about one period of time which happens in this case to be fifty minutes long, so
Fifty minutes was a long time to wait
but
The two fifty-minute sessions were long.

Can I say " I wish I could have been there" ??

I find it strange but I saw it

Yes:

I wish I could have been there when my father died, but I was working abroad.

Does it equal I wish I had been there ?

In this context, yes. Using ‘could’ emphasises the conditional aspect, but it is not necessary to do so.

Do we say " we finally came to an agreement (on) or (with) or (to) a plan ?? (I guess “on”)

And " Do we say " don’t put pressure on me or stress on me ??

And do we say

“Yesterday , lunch was good” or " The lunch was good" ??

Either is okay.

on / about / over - all these are possible. It really depends on context.

Don’t put pressure on me.
Don’t pressurise me.
Don’t stress me out.
Don’t give me any more stress.
Don’t add to my stress.
I’m feeling stressed.
I feel stressed.
I’m feeling pressurised.
I feel pressurised.

Thanks

so It isn’t possible to “put stress” ??

My book says that “NEVER” and “SELDOM” when used in the beginning of the sentence … we make inversion >> but it says "in comparisons

Never have I been better

And I am asking what if there is no comparison ??

Never have I won the cup ??

No =- if there’s no comparison, the word order changes:
I have never won the cup.