How to use this forum?

Hi Toresten,
I have completed my six tests till now. I got 9 out of 10 marks in 6th test.
Is there any way to improve listening? I’m living in UK these days. I can easily understand a preson speaking English without any specific accent (Means accent of any specific area) But it’s realy very difficult to understand common people speaking English here. I dont know what should I do to overcome this problem. :frowning:

1 Like

Thank YOU :smiley:

Hello Torsten
You’re great. Thank you for your help and your messages. We really need somebody like you to help us improving our English. Aicha from Algeria

Hello Torsten
My name is Chayanoote, I am from Thailand but I have been living in England for over 2 years. However, I would like to improve my English more and more as I am going to sit the IELTS exam which is very difficult some time this year. Could you please help me?

Since I joined this forum, I know that I can imrpove my writing. But it will be the best if there is someone tell me if I make mistakes in writing. Same as Alex, I want to improve my speaking. This is my big problem. How should I start improving speaking?
I am waiting for your advise.
Many Thanks:)

hello.I am Teona from Georgia. I like your website very much and I am happy that I can find here idioms,which I am interested in most. thanks for such a generous and good opportunity for improving my english. and thanks for your first lesson.

1 Like

hello torsten,

firstly i want to thank for ur english lessons which really help me a lot to improve my english. i thing i want to know that i am bit confuse to use the forum, i don’t know if u will get my message or not?

i am waiting for ur reply.

regards
luckky

Hi torsten,
I’m Margaret Odoom Fynn. I’m a Ghanaian. I work with a stevedore company as an Accountant.
Thank you very much for your lessons. I will be greatefull if you can help me improve my English speaking and be more fluent. hope to hearing from you very soon. goodbye
margaret Odoom Fynn

HI Torsten
please I want to choose a partner from your forum that I can chat with to inprove my English speaking.
Thanks for your cooperation.
margaret Odoom Fynn

Hallo Torsten,
Thanks for the greak job you are doing in helping us improve our English skills.
Many thanks,
Monicah.

Hi Ravipa,
I am not a special couch like Torsten and others, but I think I can help you to some extent. Sure thing, why not, you will improve your English sooner than later. But, you must be active, curious, interested in English all the time. You have to be regular in this virtual classroom and you must not be afraid to ask any kind of questions. You can contact me (plus others) here on this forum almost everyday.
Regarding your spoken English, you must keep on recording your messages and listen to others as well. Torsten is very friendly and helpful. Just keep on coming on this Forum more often than not (again and again).
Your English is good but here you have made some spelling mistakes and the sentence structure. That’s all and it’s up to you to choose your guide.

Noren
(Now in NEPAL)

My yahoo ID: noren13

Hello Noren,
I am Chayanoote from Thailand. I have been living in England for over 2 years. My English is a lot better than I was. However, I would like to enhance my English more and more in order to achieve a Band 7 pass in the IELTS exam which is really difficult for me, if I pass I will be able to register a nurse in the UK. Could you please give me some advice ?

Hi Noren,
Thanks you very much that you’ll help me. I try to log into this website as much as I can. I need some equipment if I will join virtual classroom. That’s good idea and it may be the best way to talk and listen to other person what they are saying. I must ask someone how I can join virtual classroom or you can suggest what I can do. I do not know much in computer accessories and program. :lol:
In case, you find my mistakes, it would be great if you frankly tell me. I am able to improve my English more and more if there is someone pointing me what mistakes are.
Glad to know you here and keep in touch :smiley:
bye
Ravipa

Hi Chayanoote,
Glad to know Thai people here. I wish you can pass your exam easily.
cheer!
Ravipa

Hi Ravipa,
Thanks a lot to your response. Your English is excellent. We are human beings not robots. Tell you what “A person who doesn’t make mistakes usually doesn’t make anything.” Actually, in your last message, I detected spelling errors and that may have been by your typing or should I say mechanical errors. Well, there’s soon going to be load shedding and I need to be fast and log out of here.
Thank you very much Ravipa, it really is my pleasure to be your friend.

Noren Lee
From the land of Mt. Everest

Attn: Ravipa (Thailand)
Can you give me your email address or any contact numbers if you don’t mind? It’s up to you to choose public or a private message box? I would like to talk with you in English. If you want my contact stuff then feel free to ask. Thanks

Noren Lee

PS: Why haven’t you mentioned your occupation and interests? Just curious.

Hi Torsten!
Thanks for your help.
Best regards,
Vickypham

hi torsten!

I am jun from the philippines. i have already signed up in this forum many weeks ago and i am glad to open this site regularly to learn some of the english lessons it provide. i would like to ask if you could also provide correct english grammar conversation online or on the telephone and during job interviews. i am having a hard time looking for a job because of job interviews. i have not seem to correct my answers for every question thrown upon me during a job interview. job interview is actually my weakest point! please help me with my problem!

i am looking forward for your reply for this.

thank you

Hi Sir Torsten,

I am Josh from the Philippines. I joined the forum and your free english course primarily to cultivate my english skills - that includes writing and speaking. I am a college student, 18 years of age, and a musician. I want to speak english fluently without having to think for a short while of the next word to continue expressing my thoughts. I want to write without difficulty in expressing my thoughts and be able to jot the most appropriate words of certain situations. I would love to see my myself in the future as an author of a handful of books. Thank you.

Hi my name is Yonas. Originily from
Ethipoia, I have lived in USA since 2004. I am an accountant and I got my CPA. However, I have a big problem of speaking in and listening to english. I have no any idea how to improve this weakness.