How to say 'thank you' in your native language?

[color=darkred]Welcome people from all over the world! Nice to meet you!

[color=darkred]Hi [color=blue]Genci,[color=darkred] you didn’t point out what your native language is. Would be nice to hear the way your voice and name sound :slight_smile:

Dear [color=blue]Traitimtn27, [color=darkred]very nice post. But could you, please, record what’s written above for all of us to hear how to pronounce the words in Vietnamese correctly? And don’t forget to say your name.

Thanks and Good-Luck!

Maryann

Hello Mustafa Kamal,

Nice to meet you and welcome to this forum. Could you please tell us a little bit more about your country? Thank you. :slight_smile:

Hi Torsten!

Misaotra betsaka! or thank you very much. It’s a malagasy word. I fell better when I can speak my mother tongue with people from others countries. I want to say many words in malagasy but I must express in english with you. I apologize for not being able to record my voice. I’ll do that next time. Misaotra=thanks, betsaka=very much. Misaotra because you encourage us to study english. You know how to make us courageous.
Jose!

[color=green][/ color]
Dear Maryann,

Thanks for your comment! I’ve recorded my voice, I hope you can practice some vietnamese words. :slight_smile:

And, my name is Mai Lan. “Mai” means the apricot blossom. “Lan” means the orchids. There’re 2 aristorcratic flowers in vietnamese conception. My parent hope I will be a successfull women with the beautiful name. :slight_smile:

It’s easy to pronounciate my name, isn’t it?. That’s because of a lack of marks. In Vietnamese, there are 6 marks. (A word with different mark will have different meaning.) They are:

• “dấu bằng” (no mark, like: ba - it means father or three)
  • “dấu hỏi” (?, like: bả - it means a poisoned food)
  • “dấu sắc” (’, like: bá - it means an aunt)
  • “dấu huyền”(`, like: bà - it means a grand_mother)
  • “dấu ngã” (~, like: bã - it means a residue)
  • “dấu nặng” (., like: bạ - it means “any”)
    Well, is it difficult to pronounciate? I hope you’ll like it!

Best regard,
Mai Lan

[color=red]****************************************************************

[color=indigo]Hello, dear [color=green]Mai Lan, [color=indigo]your name is really very beautiful, exotic and melodic. Thank you for sharing specifications as to your language pronounciation. Vietnamese seems quite difficult for me, maybe due to my native Slav language that greatly differs from the Asiatic languages. But it was quite interesting to have a better idea of the language you speak.

Hi, [color=green]Jose. [color=indigo]Nice to see your post here. On Wikipedia I found that Malagasy was spoken in Madagascar, right? We’re looking forward to hearing your voice recording here :slight_smile:

Take care,

Maryann

Hi !
I want to make my contribution on this project.
I’ll say in English and Russian respectively
Thank you very much! — Большое спасибо!
I am grateful (for smth)! — Благодарю (за что-л.)!
I very much appreciate (smth) — Весьма признателен Вам (за что-л.)!
Ta ever so! — Вот уж спасибочки!
Not at all! — Не за что!
You’re welcome! — Пожалуйста!

Hi…Traitimtn27

Thanks for sharing some of the words from your language…

Have a nice experience…

Hi Maryann,

I have a question…rather a suggestion…

Do we have any search method here to get all the voice messages of a particular member…? For example if I want to listen to all [color=blue]YOUR voice messages, how can I access to them all in one place…

May be we can request the admin group to consider to provide this option …!!

Hope you understand my requirement…?

[color=violet]********************************************************

[color=indigo]Yeah, Sahid, I got you and support that idea. If there is an option of “viewing all posts by a certain member” why not create one of “listening to all posts by a certain member”? You can suggest it to Slava, I hope he’ll manage to do this :slight_smile:

Maryann

[color=violet]********************************************************

Hi Torsten,
In Algeria we say thank you very much like this…‘choukran djazilen’ to express our gratitude.

Thanks Maryann…

…for your good & instant understanding…I have already requested this option to Slava in a separate topic…

…hope to get a favorable response from them to benefit all our members for seeking and listening to their own recordings just by one single click…

…[color=blue]the ideas and views of a real user are of more usage-oriented than that of a programmer who actually creates the application…

What do you say…?

in Hungarian we say:thank you: koszonom,and:thank you so much:nagyon koszonom

Hi Torsten,

I am sorry I can’t record the sound to you.

Thank you in Lao, we say “Khop chai”.

Manila.

I think this is a great idea because we do not only learn English but we also learn something new in a different language, so, in Spanish we say “Gracias= thank you”
“Muchas gracias= Thank you very much”.

salam torsten ,
i am from pakistan , and have been enjoying your site from a very long time. your efforts to teach English are really appreciable.
my native language is URDU. APP ka bahat SHUKRIA ! or thank you very much.
regards,
neelofer.

Hi Neelofer…

why don’t you say this 'thank you ’ by voice recording so that others will listen and know how to pronounce these URDU words…?

Have a nice experience…

Hello Maryann!
It has been very nice from you to answer me! Sorry for not recording my voice for a while. Would you like to apologize? You’re come from where? I think that your english is better than mine.Isn’t it? tag question! What do you like as hobbies? Are you a student?
Next!
Jose

Hey Everybody!
I’m from Colombia, we speak Spanish, and in here we say “Thanks” like “Gracias”. Not only that but also we say “thank YOU” like “Se lo agradezco”; you know after receiving a favor.

Well, I’ll appreciate your feedback about my pronounciation.
See you around!

Hi Colonelcy…

It would be better to have the [color=blue]transliteration of the Russian sentenses along with the original ones…Can you add them for us to try the actual pronounciation…?
Thank you very much…! = Большое спасибо!