How to say 'thank you' in your native language?

Hi everyone,

In Darius’ latest voice message you can hear him say ‘thank you’ in his mother tongue, Lithuanian. It’s labai ačiū: Thank you in Lithuanian.

This triggered an idea: It would be great if you could record the phrase ‘thank you very much’ in your native language.

Vielen Dank,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: The cycle race[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Tosten,

In China, we say 'xie xie ni’or ‘fei chang gan xie’ to express our gratitude.

Hi infin1ty…

your voice is not clearly audible because the recording is not accurate…please record again with the Chinese ‘‘Thank you very much’’.

Thanks and regards.

Hi Torsten…

You come up with a novel idea every now and then. Here I have recorded the phrase ‘‘thank you very much’’ in my native language, Tamil (South Indian language).

Hello,

In Bulgarian we say ‘thank you very much’ like this…

Where is the audio file to listen…?

In Russian:
Many thanks: Spasibo boljshoe

Hello Infinity,

Thank you very much for telling us how to say thank you in Chinese. Can you please also tell us how to say ‘your’re welcome’?

Xie xie,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Rescue personnel helping out[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hello Tosten and Sahid,

‘Xie xie’(谢谢) in Chinese means thank you while ‘fei chang gan xie’ (非常感谢) meant ‘thank you very much’. If someone says ‘xie xie’ to you, you can answer ‘bu ke qi’(不客气), which expresses the same meaning as ‘you are welcome’.

Hi Sahid,

Thank you very much for recording the first phrase in Tamil. So thank you in Tamil is ‘rumba nandri’? And how do you say ‘you’re welcome’ in Tamil?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A boat on the water[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Infinity,

So ‘you’re welcome’ in Chinese is 不客气?

Thanks,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A hiker crossing the river[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Tosten,

I think it may depend on the situation. If someone says ‘thank you’, you answer ‘you are welcome’, then ‘you are welcome’ in Chinese is ‘不客气(bu ke qi)’. My name is Shi Weiqiang(史卫强). As you may know that Chinese people put the family name in front of the given name. So, 史(Shi)is my family name and ‘卫强’(Weiqiang)is my given name. :slight_smile:

Hi Weiqiang,

I hope I pronounce your name correctly? Thank you very much for sharing all this information about the Chinese language. It’s very important that we learn from each other. By the way, can you please tell me how often you speak English and whom you talk to? The sound quality of your message has already improved and maybe you can somehow reduce the background noise too? Maybe it’s your microphone settings. Do you use a stand-alone mike or a headset?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A beautiful doorway[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Weiqiang…Ni Hao…!

I came to know many Chinese have an English name along with their Chinese names. Why …?
For example our consultant engineer from China has an English name as ‘‘Leon’’ while his Chinese name is ‘‘Lu Lianji’’

Do you also have an English name…?

Hi Torsten…

I am happy to hear the first Tamil word in your voice…’‘romba nanri’’ It is so clear to anyone who may listen that our language doesn’t need any accent for voice decoration.

Even though ‘‘You’re welcome’’ directly has some other words in Tamil, we usually reply the ‘‘thanks’’ with ‘‘Santhosham’’.

’ romba nanri ’ ==>> ’ santhosham ’

Ni Hao(你好) Sahid, :slight_smile:

I don’t think many Chinese have an English name. Perhaps some people give an English to themself just because it’s convenience for non-native Chinese speaker to call them. To them, the English name is no more than a name and has nothing to do with their parents. They can call themself what ever they want. 8) I don’t have an English name.

Regards,
Shi Weiqiang

Hi Tosten,

You pronounced my name quite well. Frankly, I rarely speak English since I seldom have chances to meet any native English speaker in the area where I am living. Sometimes, I practice my pronunciation and listening by following a recording or watching English movies. I am sorry for my voice message. It’s not clear,is it? I use a headset. I think maybe the quality of the mic on it is not good. :? Thanks for your suggestion. I’ve already set the microphone volume at maximum, but it doesn’t work. Perhaps I need another micphone. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Shi Weiqiang

Hi every one
Hi torsten
I’m nour from Egypt
when we meet some one first we say alsalam alaykom which means peace on you and then the other one say w alaykom el salam which means peace on you too
Thanks in arabic means shokran
and we could say gazak allah khayr which better and means “may god give you all good things”
then you reply and say gazana w eyakom
which means “may god give you all good things too”

Alsalam alaykom Nour,

Welcome to this forum and thank you for letting us know how people in Egypt greet each other. It is nice to hear your voice and your voice sounds good. :smiley:

w alaykom el salam…,
Hi Weiqiang…
Ni Hao…! 8)