How to say 'thank you' in your native language?

Hi Nour…

In spite of some bearable background disturbances in your recording, you have conveyed some very important salutations in Arabic language.

Arabic has a very long and steady cultural and traditional history. In addition, Arabic is the only ‘‘Classical Language’’ which stands the test of time without any major changes both in alphabet and in grammar. The best example is our Holy Quran…am I right…?

Anyone can correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

you are Certainly right sahid and our Holy Quran said that too in >>>[9] “Verily We, it is We Who have sent down the Dhikr (i.e. the Qur’ân) and surely, We will guard it (from corruption)”.
our Holy Quran is in Arabic so it’ll be there tell the last day
thank you sahid

Much impressed by your post about the Arabic salutations and their voice demonstration as you are from the famous Egyptian lands which is considered to be the foremost cradle of Human Civilization.

You have, I believe, a very good English background with much more vocabulary. You have, seemingly, a vast knowledge in Islamic as well as in Linguistic sectors.

HI EVERY BODY THANK YOU NOUR FOR TRANSLATING I WANNTED TO TRANSLATE THANK YOU TO ARABIC BUT I FOUND YOUR RECORDING (SHOKRAN GAZELAN)

AHMAD FROM SAUDI ARABIA

thanks Sahid
thanks Ahmed “gzakom allah khayr”

Dear forum members,
Belarus is greeting you ‘Прывiтанне’. When we invite people heartily, warmly, we say ‘Сардэчна запрашаем’. To express our gratitude we use ‘Вялiкi дзякуй’. And to give a reply ‘Нямя за што’. :slight_smile: It means you don’t need to thank, you didn’t bother me.

I want to say thanks in Arabic but Nour did. so (shokran Nour)

we have the same name too (^_^).

Hi Inga…

Thanks for your voice message with all the greetings in your language even tough the recording lacks good audibility.

In my opinion, you could have provided the [color=blue]transliteration along with your phrases. It would be more easier to follow your voice with the text in front of our eyes. Am I right…?

Keep recording simple and vital sentences in your language.

OK:
In Belarus Greeting is ‘Privi’tanne’, invitation - ‘Sar’dechna zapra’shaem’, gratitude 'Vya’liki ‘dzyakuy’. And to give a reply ‘Nya’ma za shto’. (I’ve tried to stress the words.)

Thank you Inga…

It is very interesting to learn some words in your mother language…

In my native tongue, Tamil, we usually say ’ vanakkam ’ for good morning - good afternoon - good evening and good night. If you want to say specific salutations according to the time of the day, there are special words to add prior to vanakkam.

Have a nice experience…

hi Torsten…
In Indonesia, thank you means “Terima Kasih”…

“谢谢” in chinese means “Thank you” in English,While "非常感谢"means “Thanks a lot” or “Thank you very much”.
The structure of charactor is different from the word.

Hi Abby

Along with your Chinese Characters better you give us the transliteration of the words.

It will help us to speak it out practically…

Many thanks for your contribution…

[color=indigo]Hi everyone! It’s so nice to hear your languages here!

Thank you - sounds like “Dyakuyu”.
Thank you very much we say like “Dudge dyakuyu”.
You are welcome - “Byd’laska” which also may mean “Please”.

Maryann

Hello Maryann,

Thank you for telling us how to say thankyou and you are welcome in Ukrainian. It’s really great to hear your voice and your voice sounds so sweet. Your pronunciation is excellent as well. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Regards

[color=darkblue]Dear Weiqiang, many thanx for your feedback as to my pronunciation, it’s very important for a teacher of English to sound at least little English. Refering to your last record here I can say that you sound pretty good too :slight_smile: I wish you fixed the problem with your mike.

Best regard to all,

Maryann

hello there! In Portuguese, my native language, we say: Muito Obrigado(a)! Muito Grato(a)!

Peace out!

Dear all,

My mane is Mustafa Kamal, and I am from Afghansitan. I am very happy to have leart so many things so for. Any way in our language (Tasha kor az shoma) means thank you.

wamly,

hi everyone, I think this is a great idea to learn from different culture. English is becoming more and more popular, so all of us should learn this language to have a brighter future, but keeping and developing our native language is essential. Our native language itself implicates not only where we are from, but also what kind of thinking-way we have, which culture we belong to,…
I wish you could know how delighted I am when I listen to your mother tongue. I often watch movies from different countries, and it’s difficult for me to hear these languages. Now, however, I can indentify soud of some languages. It’s incredible.
So now, it’s a greatful for me to introduce some useful phrases in my own language - Vietnamese.
First and foremost, it’s salutation. We say “xin chào” in formal or social situations. To say hello with restpect, we can say “em chào anh/chị/cô/thầy (ạ)” or “cháu chào cô/chú/bác/ông/bà…”. “Em/cháu” is you yourself in this situation. “Anh/chị/cô/thầy/chú/bác/ông/bà” is a person who is older than you, or is a senior.
We say “anh/chị/cô/chú/bác/ông/bà đi đâu đấy ạ?” in informal way. (In english that means: “where are you going to”, but that’s just a way of salutation, you can answer it or not.)
We also say “anh/chị dạo này có khỏe ko ạ?” “lâu quá không gặp anh/chị” “mọi chuyện vẫn tốt chứ ạ?” (that means “how are you”, “I haven’t seen you for ages”, “how goes it with you?”)
Secondly, if you want to say “thanks” “thank you”, you can say “cám ơn”, “cám ơn anh/chị rất nhiều”…
Note: in Vietnamese, when you talk to the elder, “ạ, dạ” are important words which show you’re well behavior.

hi every body
We say thank you in my language faleminderit