How to learn English?

i watch english films and i read books in english. i think this is a good way to improve your vocabulary.

Hi mr. Torsten!
I try to improve my English. I watch movies in English. Sometimes listening audio books. And I go to GPLC school. But after my orientation session we wait for regular classes. Thank you for your English grammars and all of that.
Elvira

Hi everyone
In my opinion Firstly you should get an assessment of your English level to find out what level you are in. 2. Learning new words (about 10 words a day) everyday by reading books, newspaper
3. Listening to the news on the radio every morning and watching TV by chosing interesting program.
also practising listening lessons.

1. Join a coversation club or make friend swith native people who speak English so you can practise
    speaking english everyday.

2. Learing Gramma : youā€™ll need to do a lot of exercises which will help you to memorize them.

3. Learning writing : you need to write every week, for me I write about 3 times a week. such as
    write your own diary.

These are my opinion I would like to share with everyone

cheers

Unchan

I have some difficults to hear and understand when someone speaks in english, so i hope to get better in this point through this site

Dear Torsten,
I am an English business student here in Tunisia.I listen to music and especially songs with difficult lyrics.I take these lyrics from internet and try to find th difficult and new words that i donā€™t know .But,I always find difficulties to understand the films or movies without using sub-titles so can you help me with this please.
yours hassen

Hi Torsten,
Its the good idea about this topic;How to learn English?
I think how to learn English most effectively I use this differents ways:
_Watch TV. with caption.
_ When I going to my work in my car I listen the audio cassets en English.
_ Read the picture dictionary.
_ Watch the news on TV.
_ Talk with my co-workers en English.
_ When I donā€™t understand any words I check my Trasleitor.
I would like to take more time for me to study english.
Thanks for the help
Sonia.

Hi sir
I dont follow any one of them sir may be thats why i canā€™t talk in english but i watch movies in all languages with english subtitles sir
That is the only one i will do, tell me some ways to improve my english sir
My friend advised me to read english news paper inorder to improve my english I tried to read ā€œThe Hinduā€ news paper sir but i canā€™t able to understand that sentences it is too difficult for me.
But when i am studying my notes if i didnot get any word meaning i will refer dictionary for that word meaning.

Tell me another way to improve my communication skills.

Yours student
Jayaprada

Hello Thorsten,
I try to improve my English with the following things :

1. Iā€™m joining a conversation class once a week
  2. I read English books
  3. I watch CNN once or twice a week for half an hour
  4. I join your English tests
    Regards
    Baerbel

Hi Torsten,
Now, Iā€™m learning English by using latest magazine like Time, National Geography, Himal South Asian and other news articles. Also reading non-fiction book written in English, at that time I use dictionary to know about new vocabulary. Is it good idea or not, advise me.
Thanks a lot,
your manju

Dear Torsten

Please i need a web site that i can download the English movies with subtitles.

Thank you .

hi torsten
but i think listening and reading can help us to improve our learning
if we can have more passages. to read them it could be good
all the way thank you for all you have done

that is really hard to improve English as quick as we wish but as we speak or talk to others as often it get better to speak and understand

sir please tell me all use of have
must tell me about " to have been" use

Hi torsten,
Good evening, learning english very interesting to me,but some time I fedup and confused grammer,
how to catch the lessons?please guide me.

Hello
thanks a lot for your email about English lesson. they were useful for me.But like some learner, i think when you send more lessons faster that is better,especially for things that have main role to learn English.I hope you will more successful in your work.thanks again.

hello torsten
I always said no stii say that i like whole methods of english learning that you are sending for me
and i am thankful because of your effforts

Hi. English is not very difficult I think but I always make mistakes in sentence.

Sueā€™s favourite month is May when spring turns into summer.My birthday is in January but my favourite month is March when winter turns into spring,when the flowers blossom,when the nature put on its green dress and the sun shines above.

Hi Torstenā€¦
My name is Enilson, IĀ“m from Brazil. IĀ“m still learning and IĀ“want to improve my english as soon as possible. So I think the daily contact with the new language is the most important thing. So every single day I read news, listen to audio-news and always I can I watch movies with subtitles in english. Wellā€¦thatĀ“s it.
Best Regards.