How to learn English?

Hi torsten
I read books whenever I get time, with the help of oxford dictionary, so which ever new vocabularies come across I make sentence with that. But there is no one to correct me . so even if its a mistake I will not be able to get corrected. so can u help me in this . Also I like to get more audios
thank you

Hi Torsten,
I donā€™t know any unique methods for learning languuages. I read books and listen to audiobooks. Now Iā€™m reading ā€œWuthering Hieghtsā€ by Emily Bronte. I use dictionary while reading.
Irina.

Hi Kumudha,

You might want to take a look at this: grammer vs. grammar[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: A company executive announces plans to save money without lay offs[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hello Torsten and friends.
I have studied English for some time. I encourage people although we donĀ“t understand the records in detail the important is catching the key words. That is the beginning for understanding more and more. Of course we need work hard on listening to CDā€™s or news the most possible.
Regards,
Ana27

I usually learn english on the internet and i feel it is helpful. beside i also like listening to english music and watching english film.

Hello Tortson.How are you.I think there are different methods to learn English. Icouldnot say or prefer one to the other ,but in fact practising is very important either for the productive or receptive skills.

Hi tortson .
Nice meeting you again .You agree with me that English language is not Grammar or vocabs ,but there are other things you know better than me.The question is why there isnot an integrated method to be used.?Thanks Mhaidob.

iā€™ve learned English for years but i canā€™t understand it much . Since my brother connect internet , i found this website and i found it very interesting . now i am keeping learning some toeic listening , and i think i have some improvement in my listening skill . and i think listening is the first and important skill to learn english.thatā€™s my idea .

What do you mean by ā€˜integrated methodā€™? Whatā€™s more important than any method is that you get your habits under control. For example, you need to develop the habit of typing with 10 fingers so you can follow basic punctuation rules. Here is more on that: english-test.net/community/i ā€¦ ing_skills[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: How soon can you finish taking inventory?[YSaerTTEW443543]

its splendid here.like it.

Hi Torsten, Itā€™s me Jacek from Poland. My own method is quite easy. I am just downloading BBC iplayer whatever I want, reports, movies, funny programmes and something like that. I am trying to chose all programmes with subtitles and now I can stop if I need to,watch, listening to andā€¦ reading subtitles as many times as I need. It works to me fantastic because firstly I watch what I like and what is not boring to me or for me, secondly I am just learning not only English but something what I am interested too. If I donā€™t know some words or expressions I have a dictionary on-line on my screen and I can very easy check the meaning. For example just now I am watching and ā€¦I am writing the whole text directly from subtitles to my note, I am watching ā€œThe Iron Ageā€ by Richard Miles. This is really, really very interesting and I am never bored.
I very recommend this kind of method. If you want to learn a common, street language for example there are a lot of interviews or dramas or whatsoever.
Best wishes, Jacek

I think ;the best way for learning english is that we create the interesting way for absorbing one person s interest , like when you start to read one novel , the writer use many diffrent method for considring reader s attention so we read the novel very eagerly with out boring and we can learn many thing through this way unconciously . at the end i want to say that we must creat interesting way for learning forign language . torssten pleas say to me , my mistake about my writing (grammar and vocab) .thank you so much

i would prefer to watch movies with subtitles when i first watch it since it helps me to know what exactly they are talking abt, and of coz i would turn it off after i catch up to them

hiā€¦buddy!three steps to make u sure to speak english fluency:
STEP.1:PRACTISE
STEP.2:PRACTISE
STEP.3:PRACTISE

Hi Torsen! In fact I read English novels, watch movies,chat with friends and read articles from internet. But I canā€™t speak English fluently. That is my problem. Please try to help me.

Dear Mr. Torsten
Thank you so much for your information and your direction, Sorry for my late to express my opinion to you. Iā€™m Kee , Laotian, I live in Vientiane ( Capital of Lao PDR), Iā€™m a person who would like to learn English , Because Itā€™s necessary for survive at moment , I think soā€¦ English is really beginning before do everything . So I want to speak well English, I would like to improve my English, Please help me and give me a directionā€¦I promise Iā€™ll obey and do everything that you show me the way for improve my Englishā€¦ Just want you to know I havenā€™t ever to learn english anywhere , I just start to learn English by myself for 5 month , So Iā€™m not well to write English and Iā€™ve a problem to pronounce English when I read and also talk with foreigner, What should i do? Secondly before I started to learn English, Iā€™ve ever to learn French about 4 yearsā€¦
Please to correct my messages and return to me I would like to see my fault
Thank you in advance

Hope you to understand what I wrote to you

Iā€™m waiting for your help please

Best regard

Kee Sololman

I prefer films most of the time because I think that is the best way to understand it well so I use the DVD player to learn english

Hi every body Iā€™m Cheyboune,when i start to follow my English lesson with Mr Torsten ,my level is low but now iā€™m glad because i improve my level more than the first time;but my probleme this moment is the listening when i watch the English movies or the news in tv or the radio i canā€™t understand almost nothink,itā€™s very quickly for me , i donā€™t know what they say,all time i help myself with the subtitles in french to saw the moves in English.My second problem is the sentense i know many words by rote,but sometime i canā€™t make a good phrase
I need the way for help me to understand the English listening,and making a good phrase.

Hello everyone,
I have some ideas about ā€œHow to improve listening skills?ā€ to share with learners.
Once you have begun to listen on a regular basis, you might be frustrated by limited understanding. What should you do?here is some of advice I want t share with everyone:

1. Accept the fact that you are not going to understand everything.
  2. Stay relaxed when you do not understand-even if you continue to not understand for long time.
  3. Do not translate into your native language.
  4. Listen to the gist(general idea) of the conversation. Donā€™t concentrate on detail until you have understand ed the main idea.
  5. Listen to something you enjoy. You are likely to know a lot more of the vocabulary required.
  6. Listen for key words or key phrases to help you understand the general ideas.
  7. Listen for context, donā€™t focus on the words that you donā€™t understand,but the words you do understand.
    Cheers,
    Unchan

Those are some useful tips, Unchan.
I hope other learners take your advice.