How to learn English grammar?

Sir,
What is the different between below two sentences pl let me know with detail

“I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings.”
and
I didn’t want to hurt your feelings.

The first sentence could be used when the listener felt unhappy about your statement, but you did not intend it to hurt his feelings at all.

The second sentence could be used when the listener felt unhappy about your statement, but you did not expect it to hurt his feelings.

Let’s hope that the moderators clarify it further.

Hello, Torsten. I wonder what’s the difference between “except” and “except for”?

Except means excluding
eg. I walk for half an hour every day except Sunday.

Except for means everything excluding what is specifically mentioned
eg. The novel is worth reading except for its last chapter.

I hope the expressions stand distinguished.

hi tortens,
Could you help me to explain the sentence: I will rock you.
Thanks so much

Without any context, I have to presume that it means I will gently move you to and fro or from side to side, as you would with a baby:
she rocked the baby in her arms until he fell asleep.

Hi, Can we have sentence with Good example of ( With using Article and Modals)

hi all,I’ve a question “what is the meaning of abstract verbs?”

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/abstract_verb[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: Discussing rents[YSaerTTEW443543]

I doubt whether we categorize verbs as abstract or concrete. Nouns may broadly be classified as concrete and abstract. Abstract nouns are those that cannot be perceived by sight, touch etc. They have no physical existence. For instance: anxiety, anger, patience, kindness, knowledge and so on. Concrete nouns, on the other hand, are table, pen, book, umbrella, earth etc.

We have stative verbs (such as those that do not denote any activity) like be, become, have etc. Verbs may have these kinds: primary & secondary, transitive & intransitive, finite & non-finite, modal auxiliaries & main verbs, infinitives & gerunds, active progressive participles & passive perfective participles etc.

However, let us see if the language coaches are able to throw more light on this question.

Why not? See here: The woman I met in the park yesterday was a smart lady. She said she would soon present a paper at the university on how foreign students, who might like to master English, should try to learn the language.

I hope you recognise the and a as articles, and would, might and should as modals, don’t you?

There is no short cut way to learn a language. It comes to you gradually.
Communicating, comprehending, reading, writing activities, listening exercises… all improve your language. Ask questions; take a topic and write about it. Read a lot of books, you will get some standard expressions. While writing take care about your grammar, punctuations and vocabulary. Try to write and communicate naturally, don’t exert yourself. You have many sources to clarify your doubts, don’t hesitate from doing it. One day, you will surely be proud of your language.

Hello, sir Torsten.
My name is Robert Fimbo, I hopefully today is a great day for me to reach this stage I mean that to be able to submit my first test in the forum location lesson 7 simple present tense. The question was to build some sentences in the simple present tense.

1. My name is Robert Fimbo and I live in Mosney Accommodation Centre in the Republic of Ireland. I keen interest improving my English communication skills and grammar with my best friend’s who is name Natalie Mundeke. We both live in the same address as indicate in the first sentence in hope to achieve our goals for a better future in the Irish community or society.

If you want to make yourself as a fastest learner in grammar, I think you must follow
this book from now on with this present web site:

“Better English” by Norman Lewis an American writer. For me this web site is good
to meet some best people from around the world.

This suggestion is to those who are really keen to learn grammar otherwise just
omit my comments. More books are here:

quazisstepinenglishgrammar.wordp … he-author/

Hello, sir Torsten.
I don’t get it why am I in hurry to answer or to message my test to forum location before been introduce myself for the due error I apology for it?
My name is Robert Fimbo. Born and raised in Kinshasa capital city of Democratic Republic of Congo I’am 42 my nationality I’am Congolese currently I live in Mosney Accommodation Centre, Julianstown, County Meath in the Republic of Ireland.

Hi, I am new here, its strange for me! I really dont know how to POST for example!
I wanted to confess that I really found this website useful and amazing…
Love you all…
Masoudkalary
My FB: Facebook

Good afternoon sir Alan co-founder,

Here I would like to start ask you first about articles as define: Article definite and article indefinite, The is describe as article definite who is an illustrative word, an example for article definite this evening I am going to the cinema. Now A is describe as article indefinite who is not a word but just a letter in this case, what may I write or say in this particular case of use of illustrative word definition? An example for article indefinite tomorrow I am inviting to a party in the city center with my friends.

Kind regards,
Robert

Hi Robert, you can read this article on how to use the articles in English: english-test.net/lessons/16/index.html[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening lectures: Why does the professor mention Cygnus X-1?[YSaerTTEW443543]