How is this letter?

I’m taking the Cambridge C2 exam in 4 days, what do you think of this letter?

1. letter

Hello everyone!
When I saw you guys from the newsroom asking us to talk about the speakers that motivated us recently I didn’t really think much of it and I went on with my day as usual.
After a couple of hours, I noticed a message from my sister: she had sent me a video from John Brown, a fitness influencer and motivational speaker; that made it click for me, he has inspired me in many fields and he is a role model for me.
John was the person that actually introduced me to fitness and weightlifting and in this letter, I’d love to show you all how he changed my life. Quite recently (probably about three weeks ago) I was scrolling through Instagram “Reels”, wasting time as always, when I came across a video titled something along the lines of “The power of consistency”. The video was really interesting because it showed an incredible body transformation journey, while the video played I could also hear John Brown talking about his amazing “blooming” as he described it. He didn’t really say much but what actually stuck with me was the sentence: “consistency is what sets apart average people from those bond to achieve success”, I’ve meditated on these words for a long time and this period of thought is what brought me to finally decide to buy a gym membership and to prepare for the Cambridge C2 exam I’ll take tomorrow.
But still, to be honest, I don’t think motivational speakers are really that useful to most people, what most of us lack is not the motivation but the action: we just lay in bed for hours at a time not only watching motivational but also self-improvement videos but still, we just never take action.
Take care, everyone!

1 Like

Hello everyone!
When I saw that you were asked by the editor to talk about the speakers who have been motivating us lately, I didn’t think much of it and continued my day as usual.
After a few hours, I noticed a message from my sister: she had sent me a video of John Brown, a fitness influencer and motivational speaker; that’s when it clicked for me, he has inspired me in many ways and is a role model for me.
John was the one who introduced me to fitness and weight lifting, and in this letter I want to show you all how he has changed my life. Recently (probably about three weeks ago) I was scrolling through Instagram “Reels”, wasting time as usual, when I came across a video titled “The power of consistency”. The video was really interesting because it showed an incredible body transformation journey. While the video was playing, I could also hear John Brown talking about his amazing “blossoming” as he described it. He didn’t really say much, but what stuck with me was the line, "I’ve been thinking about these words for a long time, and this period of reflection has finally led me to get a gym membership and prepare for the Cambridge C2 exam I’m taking tomorrow.
But to be honest, I don’t think motivational speakers are really useful for most people. What most of us lack is not motivation, but action: we lie in bed for hours watching not only motivational but also self-improvement videos, but we just don’t take action.
All the best to you!