How good is your English?

Hi Taguhi,

Many thanks for your feedback. Yes, you need to listen to English every single day and that’s why you should join the 30/30 challenge.

Also, please take a look at thanks in advance vs. thanks before.

Let me know what you think.
Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: A customer orders dessert at a restaurant[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hy Torsten!

Could you recommend me an English reading software? It would be better for me if I could hear as well everything I read in English.

Thanks in advice.

Julia

hello my teacher .iam very intersting with ur lessons & i have to say thank you
i coudnt estimate my level . but let me say ithink my apility 50% because i have no problem to cominicate with people who speak english & i have average apility in writing& speaking therfor no body can measure my efficincy like english people
but i have littel trubleto change verbs past .instant moment some proplems in gramers& and i hop later i will do my best my friend apromise you
you helping people to learn english . its perfect idea :smiley:

Hello! I`m happy to find this site.I would like to tell that English is language which can change your life and if your desire for studing and improving your level is great -you will be successful. Never give up! Wish all the best to everyone and thank you for nice lessons !

Hello Torster!
My name´s Marcela, I´m from Argentina and this is my first participation on the forum.
As regards your question about how we define our level of English, I feel that I can´t tell you if I qualify for the Advanced Category or not (as parameters can vary between native and non-native speakers). However, what I can really tell you is that I am a “learner” who wants to learn a bit more each day. I think that when you want to learn a language, you have to bear in mind that this is a lifelong activity.
I would like to receive more exercises to solve and if they are increasingly difficult, much better, but little by little.
So far, I´ve found your exercises really interesting and profitable, especially those on vocabulary. Some of them are quite difficult (but I don´t complain, I enjoy doing them)
Feel free to correct whatever is incorrect in my message.
Regards,
Marcela

Hi Torsten;
Thank you very much, every day I read yours all emails.
I studied English in Peru and I finished to study until high level intermediate but I like to improve.
I take mistake when I write; I hope you help me-
Now in my Job I am working with native australian people, sometime when they speak me very fast but I do not understand.
I like to give me advice and how I should act in a particular situation.
Regards,
Edgar

Dear Mr. Alan,

I’m very please to get your lessons, but they are too easy for me. I don’t know which level I am now. I think I can understand more difficult lessons. Could you send me the lessons that are more suitable to me?

You can send me a test to check which level I am now. And then send me more suitable lessons.

Thank you very much

Yours
Ngan

Hi dear Torsten!
How are you today?
It was great the lesson 15! I learnt a lot!
A agree totaly with you concerning “advanced learners” because it is important for me review what I had learnt at school for five years and because I am learnig with the lessons too.
Thank you very much!
The course is being very important to me, and please correct me if it is necessary!
My best regards
Sandra-Brasil

Dear Torstean how are you today are you in good mood i hope so.

Thank you very very mush about the courses you sent to me and i want a good courses about “conditionals” if possible.

Have a nice day.

Abdou.

Dear Torsten,
Thank you for the lessons you have given me. I don’t know at which level I’m now. Maybe it’s intermediate one, I think. I believe that I’m good at English grammar, but bad at vocabulary. So I’m extremely slow when speaking and listening, and I even don’t understand or misunderstand what someone is speaking in English. Many people said that the best way to learn English is practising it frequently. I try my best but I have no chance or circumstance to use my spoken English and to practise my English listening skill. I wish and hope so much that my speaking and listening skills will be better and better. Could you please help me?
(I’m trying to listen to the BBC or VOA every morning and evening now.)

Hi Mr Torsten,

Well, I can say that if I will grade my self from one to ten. I got 6 because I can read and understand English quite good. The reasons I want to learn English as I have said before in our last conversation I’m having a hard constructing my thoughts and expressing myself in terms of writing and speaking. I agreed in you when you said that constant reading and listening it will eventually helps me to improve my English skills eventually.

Regards,
Phem

Hi,
I passed the TOEFL on June with a score of 580 points. However, I am not satisfied with my speaking section. And, I would like to get more advanced lessons from you.
Bye bye.

Hi,

I read your e-mail and to be honest it’s really got me intrigued…How could one define “advanced” in terms of languages??? its so commomnly used nowadays!!!
Well, on my part Ive been studying the English language for as long as I remember…and the more and more I get “acquainted” with it the less satisfied I become with my level of knowledge. I have such thirst for it that I become at times a bit annoying… :smiley: . I worked in the past as a translator and I have to admit that this was by far the most enriching experience ever…
I am now taking a break from it as I work within a French company and I have to speak French on a daily basis…although I’ll let you in on a little secret…can’t wait to switch back to English :roll:

take care

Hi!
I understand your point of view and I couldn´t agree more with you, but I´ll explain what I meant when saying that the idea of “advanced level” may differ sometimes (although I know it is a “global” term). Some years ago, I visited the USA and started to speak with a native speaker. At that moment he told me he was astonished at my good level of English. However, in my country, I had been told my level wasn´t “that good” and that to achieve the advanced level I had to practise a lot, which I did and I still do. Sometimes, parameters are different if we take different points of view. Anyway, all in all, both of us have the same idea of “lifelong learning”.
Regards,

Hello,
I think if we want to learn speak English to need practise long time as a: reading, listening, writing and speaking.
I have some problem when I speak with native English; sometime I do not understand them, because they use some word that I do not know, but I like to improve my listening and speaking every day because I speak more with my bosses and all them speak english.
I always read a litle writing in my job sometime it is difficult because hear to use a lof of technical word.
I hope Torsten, you give good advice about my situation.
I will wait to read his email.
Regards,
Edgar

Hi Edgar,

Yes the more exposure you get to English the better will be your skills. That’s why you should start the 30/30 Challenge.

Let me know what you think.
Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: Withdrawing money from an ATM[YSaerTTEW443543]

Dear Torsten,

I asked you to send me advanced materials because I was going to write our senior high school examination and moreover the syllables is a bit advanced than what i was receiving from you early on.

Now my understanding or definition to the word ‘advanced’, this word in the expression i made was to mean, receiving materials which are above elementary English standard. So basically this is my yard stick to the expression made earlier in my mail requesting humbly an advanced set of lessons and questions.

Until then, remember to say a prayer for me in my on going exams. It is Called The West African Senior School Certificate Examination and organised for students of the anglophone Sub-Saharan Africa including Nigeria,Gambia,Liberia, Sierra Leone and my beloved country Ghana. It is equivalent to GSCE or iGSCE exams.

Yours faithful,
Kofi Mawuli

Dear Kofi,

Many thanks for your message. I hope you’ll find the advanced materials on our site useful and interesting.
Best regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening discussions: How long has the young man been drinking alcohol?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi
i am new student i would like to talk about something about me
i work in Lao National chamber of commerce and industry
i am technical official i work one year
i can not speak English very well. when i speak with foreigner i will think in my native language. how do i do?
i need to speak English very well because in my work need to use it
bye bye see you next time
best friends
nice to meet you here