How do you pronounce 'herb'?

How do you pronounce the word ‘herb’?

• As in ‘her’.
  • As in 'earth.

0 voters

Do you pronounce the ‘h’ in the word ‘herb’ or is it a silent letter?

TOEIC listening, talks: Voice mail announcement

Good to hear you, Torsten.

Please listen to my recording and respond with a voice message too. Many thanks.

Hello dear Torsten!
I used to pronounce it herb since my secondary studies.
Thanks you very much for this interesting lesson.

Hello Torsten,
I pronounce Herb with a prominent H.
I am not sure is it right or not.I would like to know the correct pronounciation.

Hi,
Please tell me where I can vote how I think the words : ‘herb’ and ‘router’ should be pronounced so that I could take part in voting/ballot. I saw the percents of votes but not found where to vote for.
Many thanks!

helle everyone.I looked it up in Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary software.According to this dictionary,Americans pronounce without a noticable h sound.But,english people pronounce it with a constant h sound.

Simply select the appropriate option and click on ‘submit’.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: Switching careers[YSaerTTEW443543]

Thanks Torsten. I didn’t see earlier the appropriate option to vote, and ,submit’’, because probably I wasn’t logged in. Now I’ve taken part in this voting/ballot :slight_smile:

I say it as in “earth”.

There are many problem with my pronounciation is: Grammar, difficult to listen

Hi Brian,

Thank you very much for your recording. It’s very good that you mentioned the difference in pronunciation between the name Herb and the word herb. I wasn’t aware of that.

Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: Storing boxes at an office[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi,

I would certainly pronounce the ‘h’ in ‘herb’ and in the name ‘Herbert’. Incidentally the expression: I felt a right Herbert’ means ‘I felt really stupid’.

Alan

Hello dear Noor!

Thank you for your criticism, but first you must do it politely and write it correctly.

Abdelhamid your pronuncition very baaaaaaaaad:(
Abdelhamid your pronunciation is very bad.

I think we joined this forum in order to learn and improve our English.

Best regards.
Abdelhamid

Hi Abdelhamid,

Well done! I’m glad you stuck up for yourself.

Alan

I think you can pronounce “herb” both ways.

Best,
Tendersandy

Please listen to my recording and respond with a voice message too. Many thanks.

Hi Torsten! I’m glad to hear that you would like to hear my voice on voice recorder. This is great to me; be expecting to hear it very soon. Is the word H should be left out in the herb pronounciation?

Please listen to my recording and respond with a voice message too.

Yuri

Hi Mr.Torsten
Very good mornig I am confuse about that please tell me what is exict.
thanks and regards
Birendra Singh