Hi everyone, I'm Khen from Malaysia, I love English!

Hello,
i’m khen, from malaysia. I have completed my degree in computer science. Im not english educated, but i love english. I don’t speak a fluent english, write a “grammar mistake-free” essay neither. I’m pleased to have found such a great site to lean on, ESL forum has provided people a very good platform to interact with. I like here as if i like my warm family. To write a good piece of works & be fluent english speaker have always been my dream, thus it’d be glad if someone willing to point out what my “mistakes” are.

Good day!

Hi Khen,

It’s great to see you here, thanks for joining our community! As for your English, I’m sure you are on the right track to success because you love learning new words and phrases. By the way, what is your mother tongue?

Talk to you soon,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: In which city were you born?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hey, i am from your neighbouring country. :smiley:

I am not perfect either but i will help you as much as i can. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Should be Malay. :slight_smile:

Welcome to the site Khen… we’re both graduates of CompSci.

BTW, your english is good man!

It’s nice to meet you here, Torsten. Joining this community is a step forward in my english learning stage. My mother tongue is Cantonese (official language in Hong Kong), but i speak Melayu/Malay, Mandarin, Hakka, Hokkien and English. My roomate is russian, so i do understand plenty of 'em too. Franky speaking, mixture of languages culture and its environment have failed me to learn english faster.

1 Like

Hello, it’s great to see you here. You are such a helpful and chummy person! No one is perfect, me either. However, we have same goal to achieve - possess of a good english. My grammar is poor, hope you would rectify my mistakes if i screw 'em up. Continuing learning is essential, i have many things got to learn from you, NS.

1 Like

Mabuhay, cornelius, thanks for your warm welcome and high praise. Your english isn’t poor too. It’s great to meet a friendly Philippines like you. You studied exactly the same CompSci as me, what a coincidence! I do believe improving our english is not a problem if we are making full use of this site. See you around!

Do you mind adding in your location into your forum profile? :slight_smile:

And i am learning my trade from Torsten and the people from the western countries. :wink:

Hello Khen, I’m Tom.

…well one of the Toms, anyway. hehe

I have a question for the Malaysia/Singapore crowd:

Were you ever one nation? Or have Singapore and Malaysia always been separate countries?

We used to be 1 nation but malaysia is not happy with us then make our PM cry. :twisted:

:lol: :lol:

Hello, Tom, nice to meet you. Which part of America are you living now?

Malaysia was merged with Singapore on 16 September 1963. However, Singapore was separated from Malaysia and became an independent nation. Both of them are upholding the principle of democracy.

Trade? It sounds fascinating… Free to share me some =)

hello khen

I’ll be very glad if I can help you to be fluent english speaker :smiley:

mmm…

but in fact, I saw you are better than me in english So maybe you’ll help me :lol: …

by the way I wish you had good time here

regards,
Mba

[color=violet]wow… amazing to know that you know that word… hehehe…

BTW: we call the citizens of the philippines as filipinos :smiley:

ykChin & NS

Thanks.

ykChin
I live in Nashville – mid-southern USA. I was born in, and spent most of my pre-adult life in, Wisconsin… which is one of the coldest non-arctic places on earth. hehe

Hello, Mba, pleased to meet you here. Mastering with good english is our goal, we are ready to make it happen together =)

Get it, thanks. I’ve learned it from my friend’s conversation. See you around!

Hi, ykChin :wink:

yes you are right …

let us do try to be good in english

that make me happy when do together :smiley:

regards,
Mba

It’s cool/cold man! Let me googles it, whoa… nice spot ever! Winconsin… it’s great to go sightseeing in there!