Hello! My name is Natalie, I would like to meet some new people and improve...

Hie Natalie,my name is Thoko.Am glad we share the same dream.I wish to be your friend and my email :kanjirak@yahoo.com

Hello, I’ve made some corrections for you in your message to Noren below. The words in brackets can replace the word before it. Example, small can replace little. Because we say a small country, but not little country.

[Hello Noren.You are right about Bulgaria.Congratulations!:slight_smile: I am Bulgarian Orthodox.There is no doubt that my country is little (small), just like a state in the USA. I think that this isn’t very bad because I can go wherever (anywhere) I want in less than 6hours. ;)So I know each single place here.But the truth is that I haven’t done this already (yet).There are still areas that I don’t know. :smiley: Really nice, believe me. But you’re right.Let’s stop with this issue.Now again bach to the USA–>My dream is to live in the US. So maybe I have to know a lot of (about) its history and geography.And of course I have to learn the language very very well. Please correct me- i have to know or i must know ? :frowning: o.0 ]

We often use have to when something is obligatory or required by law, for example:
In this country, children have to go to school.
I have to know a lot about its history and geography.

We often use must to when something is essential or necessary, for example:
I must eat breakfast before I go to school.
I must know the language very well.

Regards
Christian
christiantan@yahoo.com

Hi Itelecturer,
Thanks a lot to you. But, I don’t think that I requested you to review my grammar in my post. No one is error-free. We are humans. You yourself have made a lot of mistakes in your message as far as grammar is concerned. Should I correct your post? I don’t want to do this now. I don’t want to be purist. Anyway, thank you very much for reading my message.

With Regards
Noren Lee

PS: I didn’t understand some of the sentences in your message. You need to learn a lot and so am I. Thanks once again.

Hi Itelecturer,
I am very much sorry if you wrote that message to Natalie NOT to me. Please be specific while writing something to someone.

Noren Lee
(AB, Eng.)

Hi nice to meet you!I wish make friendes with you,if you want to chat with me,add my msn(xuyuanisok@hotmail.com)

Dear Noren

I’m deeply hurt for having offended you. The message was meant for Natalie. I’ve made a serious mistake. This is the first time I’m here and I shouldn’t have taken the liberty to correct anyone’s mistakes without first seeking his/her permission. Do accept my apologies. My apologies also extend to anyone (including Natalie) who may feel offended after reading my post.

Please feel free to correct any mistakes in my previous post as well as this one. I wouldn’t want to perpetuate any mistakes. We learn from our mistakes, don’t we? I definitely did.

I made a typographical error in the following sentence in my previous post. The word ‘to’ after the word ‘must’ should be deleted.

We often use must to when something is essential or necessary, for example:
I must eat breakfast before I go to school.
I must know the language very well.

The correct sentence would be:
We often use must when something is essential or necessary . . .

I must apologise once again for causing inconvenience due to my ignorance. I have to be more careful from now on.

Christian

Hi Kevin,
Thanks a lot for wanting to be my friend. You are most welcome. Just this: There are no such things as strangers only the friends we have not met. So, as of this moment, lets walk & talk together in an English way. Happy a great New Year 2010.

Noren Lee

Hi Christian,
Why should I be angry with you? As a matter of fact, I am glad to know that I (will) have your friendship. Have a wonderful New Year 2010! Bye for now.

Your New friend
NOREN LEE