Hello everyone

Hi everyone in here.
My name’s Nasaa. I’m mongolian and live in Ulaanbaatar city.
i want to improve my english skills. I’m learning english many years, but now still i dont know english grammar well and cant speak fluently. I want to make a lot friends who are speak english each other.

thank u for advance. Pls ask me about mongolia and talking about other interesting topics.

Hi Nasaa,
welcome in the forum. I’m new here too and I like it ,but there are few things in yr post

• first, U should have said that" you r from Ulaanbaatar city", instead of saying" and live in Ulaanbaatar city" as" and" is used when the verbs are in the same tense .
    *e.g I was studying my lessons and listening to music at the same time .

-second, U said " I want to make a lot friends who are speak English." I think it’s better grammatically to say “I want to make a lot of friends who speak English”

• one more thing, you said " I want to make a lot friends who are speak English each other." U forgot (with) before each other and (of) after a lot "I want to make a lot of friends who speak English with each other "

Here are a few things about your own post Ola.fun5!

‘U’ as a word does not exist. You should have said ‘you’.
‘yr’ as a word does not exist. As an abbreviation, it is a short form of ‘year’. You should have said ‘your’.
‘r’ as a word does not exist. You should have said ‘are’.
‘I live in Ulaanbaatar City’ is fine.
You have comma spacing typing errors throughout your message. There is no space before a comma or full stop. The space comes after them. With inverted commas, the space comes before the opening commas and after the closing commas.

Great thanks.I really Appreciate that,but I already knew it and they are not fatal mistakes.
Actually I am just used to reducing my words on the social websites.Maybe that’s way I still using “U,Y r, r”,though they can’t stand alone .

-“I live in Ulaanbaatar City” is fine when you speak informally or when there’s no “and” before it formally,right??!!

Many thanks again :slight_smile:

What is a ‘fatal mistake’? As far as I am concerned they would be huge mistakes anywhere other than on social media sites which limit the number of characters that can be used. The very fact that you are using such non-standard abbreviations where it is not necessary (and actually discouraged) to do so is, in itself, a reason to break the habit.

Thanks guys to fix my mistakes.
I’m very ashamed there are so many mistakes in my post. How should I improve my English skills, especially writing and speaking skill? Pls tell me any suggestion and advise.
I don’t know what words to use when I say something. Also what should I do to understand English grammar well and fluently?
Help me and tell me some suggestions.

many thanks. Nasaa

I agree with Beeesnees. This topic is for beginner. And we all should write without misunderstanding for all type of users of this forum.
I have the problem - I make a lot of mistakes in oral speech and my writing skill is not good. I always try to write right.

Well, you did a very good job there, Ydk. Not perfect, but getting there.

Nasaa, don’t be disheartened. Just keep going! Things will get easier, and I don’t think there were that many mistakes in your post anyway.

Thank you, Beeesneees! I try to be better. I need some practice.

Hello everybody!
I am Lay Thinzar Naing from Myanmar.Do you know Myanmar?It is situated in Asia between India
and China.Aung Sann Suu Kyi who got Nobel prize is also from Myanmar.Sorry for late to join this
forum because of my family life.I have two sons and one is autism.He can’t speak.However I’m ,
I want to improve my English.Pls help me.Thanks…

Hi I. M anju.come here to learn English.

hey what is the difference between sleep and asleep.

hi, what is the difference between sleep and asleep.

‘Sleep’ is a verb or noun.
‘Asleep’ is an adjective.

1. He’s sleeping. – This is an action verb; this is what the person is doing now.
  2. He’s asleep.-- This describes the person’s present condition.

thanks ma’am.but I really want to know more explanation about sleep and a sleep.and is this write form when u do something for somebody…like" pleasure to do the honor".

I can’t understand what you mean, sorry.

Ma’am, I mean I need more explanation about sleep and asleep. What is the actual difference between sleep/ asleep.or my second question is…is this correct…when we want to do something for somebody and to tell her i love do it in this manner"pleasure to do the honor"is this correct.

The difference between asleep and sleep is the way they are used within a sentence, because they have different functions. You can find examples in a Learner’s Dictionary.

‘Pleasure to do the honor’ is not correct. Simply say:
‘It’s a pleasure’.

Dear Tia
I couldn’t yet gather the strength to talk to you, but as a friend, really wanted to tell you that an only daughter and mother of two kids you have to come back in a normal routine so that you and your family can live a nomal life.i know its hard for u to come back so soon but as a soldiers wife you are quite bold to face the problems.may god help you to bear the loss.

Hi Anju Singh,

Why have you posted the above message in this thread? Was it a mistake or did you want help with it?