Hello everyone

Q1-what is the difference between other and another.
q2-how to describe about my city?yesterday,somebody told that speak few lines about your city.and after two lines i was speechless.

I am sorry I didn’t know where I have to post all my questions. But yes, I wanted your help to make the corrections.

My suggestion:
I have not yet been able to gather the strength to talk to you, but as an only daughter and mother of two children you have to get back into a normal routine, so that you and your family can live a normal life. I wanted to let you know that, as a friend, I will support you in this. I appreciate it’s hard for you to get back to normal so soon, but as a soldier’s wife, I’m sure that you will be strong enough to face your problems. May God help you to bear your loss.

This question has been asked many times.
There is a very useful search function at the top of this webpage.
If you type the words
other another
into the Google search box at the top of this page, then click on the ‘Forum search’ button (not the Google search button), then you will see a list of threads where this topic has already been discussed.
They should help you. Here are some of them:
english-test.net/forum/ftopic56454.html
english-test.net/forum/ftopic6885.html
english-test.net/forum/ftopic6014.html

That’s a very general question, especially as we do not know your city. You could talk about the location, geography, landscape, people, language, industry, culture, streetlife, facilities, leisure and recreation as well as about your own feelings regarding living there.

Your question should be ‘How do I describe my city?’ or ‘What can I say when I am talking about my city?’
“How to describe about…” does not work.
Sentences always beging with a capital letter and the pronoun ‘I’ is always written as a capital letter, never ‘i’.

thanks ma’am…so nice of you.

It’s not a big city.a small town where people of the town are very simple.market is not very big, but the best part of the city is that you can get everything at reasonable rates.Roads are well connected. people generally use autorikshaws and three wheelers for daily commutes.there are few eating joints, but they are really good. most of the people speak Punjabi and Hindi,very religious and god fearing.the climate of the city is hot and cold.people love to wear suits salwars.our folk dances are giddha n Bhangra.

Q1-WHAT SHOULD I DO TO IMPROVE MY SPOKEN ENGLISH BECAUSE WHENEVER I WANT TO SPEAK IN PUBLIC I AM NOT ABLE TO MAKE LONG SENTENSES.I HEARD PRACTICE
MAKES A MAN PERFECT BUT HOW?I CAN SPEAK AND WRITE ONLYSHORTSENTENSES.TELL ME WHAT SHOULD I DO FOR FLUENCY.

For a start, stop ‘shouting’ when you write. Please turn off ‘caps lock’ and use standard uppercase/lowercase conventions.

I don’t live in a big city. It’s a small town and the people live simple lives. The place is sometimes hot, sometimes cold. The market is not very big, but the best thing is that you can buy everything at reasonable rates. The roads are well connected. People generally use auto-rickshaws and three wheelers (trikes) for daily commutes. There are only a few places to eat, but they are really good. Most people speak Punjabi and Hindi and are very religious and god fearing. People love to wear suits and salwars and our folk dabnces are Giddha and Bhangra.

There is no such word as ‘n’, just as there is no such word as ‘u’ (corrected earlier), in standard English.

Dear Ma’am
I am really very grateful to you and really appreciate the way you are teaching me.I will try my best to abide you and learn from the mistake.Thank you so much ma’am you peolple are really great.Ma’am,how can i improve my fluency.regards anju

Dear sir
I just wanted to know that has the date decided for annual function? So that according to the date we can think further for the event. We have decided the theme and wanted to ask, this will be ok or you want some changes in it.One more thing which i really wanted to share with you that we have opened a counter where we kept all the stuff from different places like sarees,suits at very reasonable prices and it’s selling like hot cakes so if you wish to see the stuff just do let me know…it will be pleasure.I personally went and picked lovely pieces and people are really appreciating.

Unfortunately, this message contains many of the mistakes I’ve already mentioned, so it doesn’t seem that you are so keen to learn from your mistakes.

Improve your fluency by practising. There’s no other way. You have to get used to it.

Dear Sir,

Please can you let me know whether a date has been decided for the annual function, so that we can begin to plan the event with more accuracy. We have decided that we would like the theme to be [color=green][i][explain what the theme is. You haven't indicated it in the original.][/i] and would like to know if this will be OK or if you would like some changes made.

One other thing I would like to share with you is that we have opened a new counter and combined a number of items we used to keep in different places, such as sarees and suits. These items are being sold at very reasonable prices and they are selling like hot cakes. If you would like to see the items we are selling on this stall, please do let me know. It will be a pleasure for me to show you. I personally picked these items and people are showing their appreciation for this service.

Hi Anju Singh,

Keep trying.

First of thanks Allen sir and ma,am for encouraging me.I am writing few lines please help me.

1.When we got married . We were posted in Rangi it was really a nice place.People live simple lives.Most ladies are very hardworking and believe in earning on their own.the climate of the city is hot and humid.there are so many worthseeing places.we really had a nice time there and cherish the memories.there we went to buta and i found the culture is totally different.Parents follow the custum to wear bellies to the female child very earily so there feet not grow much.

2.baffle-(1)I was feeling bit baffled when i saw her in the city.

(2) Sometime your attitude make me baffle.
(3)Mathmatices is such a baffling subject.

When we got married, we were posted to Rangi. It was really a nice place. People live simple lives there.Most ladies are very hard-working and believe in earning their own wages. The city is hot and humid. There are so many places worth seeing. We really had a nice time there and cherish the memories. From there we went to Buta and I found the culture was totally different. Parents follow the custom of using bandages to bind the feet of a female child at a very early age so their feet do not grow naturally.

I was feeling a bit baffled when I saw her in the city.
Sometimes your attitude baffles me.
Mathematics is such a baffling subject.

As I’ve already explained, the pronoun ‘I’ (when you refer to yourself) is always written as a capital letter.

pros:

1.In joint family,you learn and share so many things from your grandparents and sometimes sacrifies your own time for others to make them happy proves that you are a good human being.

2 In joint family,If you are not well and your husband has lot many commitments and angaggement there are so many people to look after you and you can take adequate rest.
3 In joint family,your children have so many relations to love them.If you have to go out you need not to think about your kids because they always secure with their elders.

cons
1 In joint family,you cannot live your own life.If you feel that today I will wake up late you have to listen so many things from your elders that might hurt you.

2 You feel so much responsible that you forget to think about yourself and start behaving as per the choice of others.

3 You cannot go out when you feel like and hardly gets time to spend with your husband.

Thanks ma’am for the previous correction and trying to follow your advice.

I’m not really sure what you mean by a ‘joint family’. Looking at your sentences, I think perhaps the term you require is ‘extended family’. However, I’ve left the term as it is.

pros:

1. In a joint family, you learn and share so many things from your grandparents and sometimes sacrifice your own time for others to make them happy. This proves that you are a good human being.
  2. In a joint family, if you are not well and your husband has many commitments and engagements, there are many people to look after you and make sure that you can take adequate rest.
  3. In a joint family, your children have so many relations to love them. If you have to go out you need not worry about your kids because they are always secure with their elders.

cons

1. In a joint family, you cannot live your own life .If you feel, “Today I will get up late,” you may have to listen to hurtful comments from your elders because they disapprove.
  2. You feel so much responsibility for others that you forget to think about yourself and start behaving as per the choice of others.
  3. You cannot go out when you feel like and get hardly any time to spend alone with your husband.

Wow, are you really talking about the practice of foot-binding? I thought this barbaric, inhumane, debilitating “custom” had died out!
dailymail.co.uk/news/article … ust-2.html