Grammer vs. grammar

No, the word ‘grammer’ doesn’t have any meaning because it doesn’t exist.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two university students who met on campus[YSaerTTEW443543]

I have to improve my writing, what i have to do? please tell me whice way i can write.

For starters, use a spell checker and try to use phrases you have read or heard before. Read more and increase the amount of time you spend on listening to English media every day.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening discussions: What will the student probably do with her next paper?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi guys,
all the opinions in this forum are correct, but every skill in English must be learned equally if we seek the accuracy so when we say that grammar or any other three skils{ speaking,writing or listening} is exclusively important this importance must be equal.

Hi everybody.
I just find the pretty nice page.
I suppose that it would be helpful for me to read your comments.
Thanks a lot.

thanks for correcting me i’ll do make use of spell checker and try max to send u error free messages :smiley:

The problem here is that both “have” and “of” are often casually prounounced as “uv” (or “ev”, depends on your phonetic notation, I improvised here) in some word combinations. For example, in “could have” and “what of”, many native speakers will pronounce coo-duv and wa-duv (or coo-dev and wa-dev).

Edit: I didn’t see the second page before I posted.

I’m sorry. I ahould check the spell check often. Anyway, it is not dificult when I see my mistakes, but why I continue to have the same and more mistakes.

Elliott

can anyone help me?
A question for native speakers of English.

helo,
my name is chinelo i’m new what is the difference between color and colour

Color is North American and colour is British, Irish and Australian.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Washing windows[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hello,

I think that there is not differences in their meaning, but there is an spelling. I think you have to spell the word different way depending where are you located. Example, if you are in USA you will have to spell the word color. If you are in England you will have to spell the word colour. I hope this help you a little.

Have a great day
elliott

We use the word sink when we talk about something, and we use the word drown when we talk about people or animals.

Hi Chinelo,
There is no difference in meaning between “colour” and “color”. They refer to the same thing. In British English, “colour” is used, but in American English, it is “color”.

how can improve my fluency?

tell me what it mean when had is used after has are have?

Hi Kamber,

I think you are referring to the past participle of the verb ‘have’. Why are you interested in that?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A warehouse[YSaerTTEW443543]

“Split Cherry Tree” by Author: Jesse Stuart

Dave and other 5 boys climbed up a little cherry tree when they saw a little lizard during a biology class field trip. They broke down the little cherry tree. The tree owner asked for 6 dollars for its compensation. Herbert, a professor of those boys for this biology class, made 5 boys pay their dollar. Herbert paid for Dave but punished him to stay 2 hours more for cleaning up the classroom after the school because Dave had no money to pay.

Dave came from a farming family. He was mainly helper for his farther for daily farm works. Staying late at school would make his farther work longer. Dave told his father that they had to have bugs, snakes, frogs and etc for the class’s subject. Dave’s father, Luster, got mad after he heard his story of staying late. He couldn’t understand why professor took boys to the field trip, and caught those animal seen anywhere at farm. He had been raised his son so hard and sent him to the high school, however, his son description about the field trip at school was far beyond his education experiences when he was young and then decided to inquiry the professor in the following day. He didn’t believe the school would do good for his son.

In the early morning, Dave was so reluctant to follow his father to high school because his father even took the gun with him! Professor got so surprised to meet Dave’s father but began to talk with him calmly. He explained that boys should be punished by claiming and breaking up the tree which had nothing to do for the biology subject. He paid the compensation for Dave while other paid for themselves. He explained that he wanted Dave to learn the responsibility of breaking up other property by cleaning the classroom after school. He used germ to introduce the science of biology. Catching snakes and other animal was to understand and study raising protozoa. After going over some lab works, Dave’s father began to relax and put down the gun humbly and understand what professor led students and his son to. He also realized that how important science it was which was different learning subject when he was young at his high school.

After back home from school, Dave’s father encouraged his son to learn more at school and even wanted his wife to learn science with him together.

The link for the article:
americanliterature.com/Stuar … yTree.html

Hello All
Please let me know the easiest method to improve vocabulary as well as grammar.
Humayun

Ok. Dear dr: Torsten
Now ,I will start to read grammer vs. I hope to follow all your instructions.
I’m very lucky beacues,I study under your cotrol.
I don’t know how to thank you?
But let me say great thank’s for great Coach