Free Skype speaking sessions on a regular basis

Hello everyone there,

Please note on the schedules for the next few Sunday & Wednesday Skype speaking sessions:

1. Sunday, 29th December, 2013 at 5:30 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘Happiness’ : Hosts - Huriah / Urs
  2. Wednesday, 01st January, 2014 at 5:00 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘New Year Celebration in your place?’ : Hosts- Terry / Yuri.
  3. Sunday, 05th January, 2014 at 5:30 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘Cancer’ : Hosts - Richaa / Mujibur.
  4. Wednesday, 08th January, 2014 at 5:00 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘How do you like a woman as Head of the State?’: Hosts- Evylinda/ Jose.
  5. Sunday, 12th January, 2014 at 5:30 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘Education system at my place’ : Hosts- Kati/Urs.
  6. Wednesday, 15th January, 2014 at 5:00 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘Quinceanera’: Hosts- Yuri/ Huriah.
  7. Sunday, 19th January, 2014 at 5:30 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘Myths and facts about blood pressure’ : Hosts - All: Ask your own questions related to the topic.

Please feel free to propose in bringing about any changes to this schedules, if needed!

Cheers!

Mujibur

How To Sign Up

1. Check the list below for the current dates and times.
  2. Post here in the topic thread or send me a private message to let me know which dates you wish to participate in.
  3. Send me a private message with your Skype ID so I can add you to my Skype. (Please note that this forum requires you to make 5 posts before you can send a private message.)

Information

1. Each session lasts a maximum of 2 hours.
  2. Each session has a maximum of 6 to 8 participants. (Not including myself)
  3. Each session is recorded and shared with others.
  4. Please sign into Skype 5-10 minutes before the start of the session. I will call everyone into a group at this time.
  5. Please make sure your microphone and speakers (or headset) are working properly before the session starts.
  6. Please be on time. If for some reason you will be late, send me a message beforehand to let me know; otherwise I will give your spot to someone else.
  7. If there are fewer participants, the session may not run the full 2 hours.
  8. If you are unsure about the time difference, you can check this website timeanddate.com/worldclock/ Look for a city in your timezone and compare it with the time in Amsterdam (which is my timezone).

Please note that if you are late, your spot may be given up to someone else who is present and wants to participate.

Thursday January 2nd, 2014 at 2pm (Amsterdam, Netherlands time) Topic: Homeless

1. Megan
  2. Mujibur
  3. Yuri
  4. Kati
  5. Frankie
  6. Huriah

Thursday January 9th, 2014 at 2pm (Amsterdam, Netherlands time) Topic: Food - Cooking and Eating Habits

1. Megan
  2. Mujibur
  3. Yuri
  4. Kati
  5. Frankie
  6. Huriah

Sunday and Wednesday Sessions

1. Sunday, 05th January, 2014 at 5:30 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘Cancer’ : Hosts - Richaa / Mujibur.
  2. Wednesday, 08th January, 2014 at 5:00 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘How do you like a woman as Head of the State?’: Hosts- Evylinda/ Jose.
  3. Sunday, 12th January, 2014 at 5:30 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘Education system at my place’ : Hosts- Kati/Urs.
  4. Wednesday, 15th January, 2014 at 5:00 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘Quinceanera’: Hosts- Yuri/ Huriah.
  5. Sunday, 19th January, 2014 at 5:30 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘Myths and facts about blood pressure’ : Hosts - All: Ask your own questions related to the topic.

Hello everyone,

It was so wonderful to talk to you again! Here are the recordings from today’s session. brokenpuppet.net/?p=684

Take care,
Megan

Hello Megan and Everybody:

I have just found a very interesting article with two videos + interviews which is only an answer to your question" What is the way out from the homeless status? Yes I know that this is an exception - but it happened, and true -it sais to us that a good leader could help a little community. There are lots of little communities in our country. It is interesting because the Gipsy is an inferior class to the Hungarian. They are about in the same situation as the black people were in the 50’s in the US.

Rural Gipsy brought gift- one ton of vegetable, what they produced- to people in need in Budapest.

What deserves the attention that those people who have something give to those who does not have anything. This is not a common custom, not an every day occurrence. Those who inhabitants of a very little Gipsy village with the first Gipsy mayor of the country. Is the miracle? The story that the most disreputable village became a far famed village A place where everybody wants and knows to work. A place where the Hungarian and the Gipsy renovated their houses of each other. A place where children who learns well receive 50 000 Forints. A place where exemplary organic farming is in progress. Who carried out this miracle? The first Gipsy mayor of the country, Laszlo Bogdan.

-How did you do it? The first was that he tried to make the Gipsy believe that they are not bad men. By education. They carried the Gipsy in the prison, to show the life in the prison. He closed the pub of the village as the Gipsy was there from morning till night. He took off the gratings off the windows and doors of public institutions. In that time the crime and the violence foamed with rage in the village. – everybody steered clear of this village… For today there is not practically any crime in the village, The Gipsy in the village is not need of social benefits They work, and they overproduce and donate.

The mayor gives the Gipsy a dressing down when they are remiss in their duty.

• How do tolerate these dressing downs?
  • .If I am right they accept it if I am not right they send me in the hell.-said the mayor.

Here is the mayor: Laszlo Bogdan

I put the article -in Hungarian- on the Facebook: one comment:This man received an award from the Reader’s Digest Magazine few years ago.

Dear Megan

How are you? Please, put my name on your list of the free chat of next Thursday.

Have a Very Prosperous New Year.

Thanks.

José Sarto

Hello everyone,

Please be noted that because of general election day on 5th January in Bangladesh, I am afraid it would not be possible for me to take part in the session of Sunday, January 05, 2014. I would miss you very much, friends!

See you in the next Skype sessions!

Thanks,

Mujibur

Hárommillió embert fenyeget az otthontalanság= Three million people are threatened by becoming homeless in Hungary-Onlinemarketing blog - online marketing

In our last Skype session with Megan we spoke about this topic .Then I didn’t know this number. At the last census on 1st January 2013: 9 908 768 persons lived in Hungary. I knew that the number of homeless is more and more but this number appeared today and surprised me very much.

Hello Megan,
I’d like to participate in the Thursday the 9th skype session. Would you please add my name?
Thank you.
See you,
Mauricio.

Hello Everyone,

I am new here, my English name is Johnson. i’d really like to join the Skype speaking, and my Skype account is johnsonlsz, add it in please.

Have a nice day.

Johnsonlsz

Hello Host,

Would you like to put me in the Skype session on Jan 12th at 5:30 PM Moscow Time. I will have free time then and my Skype account is johnsonlsz.

Regards and Thanks

Johnsonlsz

Hello Johnson,

Thank you for your interest in the Free Skype sessions. Please be online at least 5 minutes before the scheduled time. For Megan’s sessions you can ask her to put you in the list by sending her a Private Message.

To match schedules with your local time you can check out here: timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Best regards,

Mujibur

Hello Mujibur,

Thanks for your kindly reminding, i will do that following your instruction.

Regards,

Johnsonlsz

Hi dear friends. I want to cooperate in speaking sessions but I do not know anything about these sessions! Would you explain about them?

1. Is there any native speaker in sessions? If there a native speaker in session, what is his/her role during sessions?

2. Is every body speak in turn and others only listen or others evaluate his speaking? Do all participants speak or not?

3. Can I be in session only for 1 hour and then quit the session or not? Staying in session for 2 hours is necessary?

Thanks.

Hi, Tesoke!

You are welcome in the Free Skype speaking sessions on Sunday / Wednesday / Megan’s sessions!

Megan is a native American who hosts some sessions quite regularly. Yes, every body practices speaking and listening skills here. It is a very friendly atmosphere with the privilege of making mistakes and learning English language skills intensively.

If you are willing, over the time you can propose the topics of your interest to discuss here; and following ‘learning by doing principle’ you can play the host-role for some of the sessions.

Hope you would join in the Skype speaking sessions!

Thanks,

Mujibur

Thank you very much. What I should do to join Skype speaking sessions? What is exact time of the sessions?

Hi, Tesoke,

Please send your Skype ID through a Private Message to Megan, Yuri and I. That would allow us to take you while making group calls. For Megan’s session you are to ask Megan to put your name in the list against each topic.

Please follow through the Skype session schedules from the “Free Skype speaking session on a regular basis” topic page. You are to remain online at least 5 minutes earlier to the session starts.

Cheers!

Mujibur

Thank you very much.

Megan,Sorry that I can’t join on 9jan.

Hello everyone,

I am very sorry that I have to cancel today’s session. I’m feeling unwell and will reschedule it soon along with new dates and topics. I hope you are all doing well. Miss you all and take good care of yourselves!

Take care,
Megan

Hi Megan,
Miss you too, but, of course, health comes first.
I hope you get better soon.
Best wishes!!!
Take care,
Mauricio.