Free Skype speaking sessions on a regular basis

Hello everyone,

Megan is going to offer a free speaking session through Skype on a regular basis. You can listen in to the one we had today here: ooVoo Speaking Session with Megan Noel Wilber (US)

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a university student and an employee in the student services center

1 Like

Hello everyone,
Iā€™m proud of taking part in the Skype session along with Mauricio, Megan and Torsten. Itā€™s a long chatting covering very interesting topics. I appreciate it very much, especially for taking part by the native speaker like Megan and the moderator like Torsten.

Torsten informed from the next Skype sessions other native speakes like Alan would take part in it regualrly. So, itā€™s going to be a great opportunity for non-native English speakers to practice spoken and listening skills directly interacting with the native speakers. Itā€™s certainly the opportunity to get rid of all kinds of fearness and to raise our confidence level dramatically within the shortest possible time availing the very friendly and democratic atmosphere!

Many thanks for this great initiave taken by Megan! Torsten and others have responded right on time and reinforced this idea with their generous views and technological back-ups!

As Torsten has given a key of getting prepared with the questions to ask during the Skype session, I think, Iā€™ll able to be more vocal and participatory with the days to come. Iā€™ll try my best to take part in the Skype sessions regularly as far as possible.

Best regards,

Mujibur

Hi,

If Iā€™m around on a Sunday at the right time, Iā€™ll certainly be happy to chip in.

Alan

Hi Alan, itā€™s great to hear you want to join on in on our conversation sessions. Once Megan has initiated the conference she will then invite you to join. All you need to do is press the green ā€˜answerā€™ button.

Thanks,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a professor and her student[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten, Mujibur and Alan,

Hello everyone,

When I have time I would like to offer 2 sessions on Sunday but this is something I canā€™t do every weekend unfortunately. With the large time difference between some people I think offering 2 different sessions is easier. Or perhaps adjusting the times slightly but as time passes we can see what really works out best for people. If Iā€™m free Iā€™m happy to talk with people at any time.

Take care!
Megan

Hi

Iā€™ve joined this forum just now .Glad to see people helping others with English.i want to join your skype session. How can i join?

Hello Sarah,

If you are interested in joining a Skype session then please send me a private message with your Skype ID before next Sunday. I will add you. For now the Skype session takes place at 4pm (Western European Time). If you tell me where you are located I can correct this time for you to your own. Occasionally when I have time I also talk with people throughout the week. When this happens if I see that others are on-line I send them a message and see if they are free to join in. If you have further questions please feel free to ask.

Take care!
Megan

Hello Megan and Sarah,

Just thought Iā€™d let you know that forum members are not allowed to send private messages until they have made at least five posts on our forum. This means that right now you have four more posts to go, Sarah.

1 Like

Hello, How should I register for it?
Thank you very much

Send Megan your Skype ID via private message.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening discussions: What did the young man do during his last holiday?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten,

Thatā€™s a little difficult for Sarah (Somayeh1) to do at the moment as she hasnā€™t made enough posts to be able to initiate PMs.

Megan - I suggest you PM Sarah. Then sheā€™ll be able to reply to you.

1 Like

Hello Beeesneeees,

Ah thanks for the heads up. Iā€™ll send Sarah and Somayeh1 both messages myself. Iā€™ll remember that for next time.

Take care!
Megan

Hello Megan and Xiaomuou

Thank you very much. I got Meganā€™s message but its saying the same thing that Iā€™ve to post at least 5 forum messages before I start sending private message. Well I have four more days till Sunday, Iā€™ll do it.

Hello Beesneees

thank you for the help, but it didnt work either, i got Meganā€™s msg but its displaying the same thing , anyways its my 3rd post now. iā€™ll try some other topic to complete remaining two :).

what if thereā€™re too many people attending and the conversation session turns out to be a chaos. I hope this will not happen causeā€™ Iā€™m going to send Megan my Skype ID =))

Hello Torsten, Megan, Mujbur and Mauricio
I did listen to your conversation last Sunday. Itā€™s interesting thanks to Torstenā€™s prepared questions and topics. Hope to talk with you all soon.
oad.

Hello Oad,

Iā€™ll limit the size of the group to around 6 or 8 participants at most. It would be too chaotic to have a dozen or more people in a phone call together. So Iā€™ll probably treat it a bit like ā€œfirst come, first servedā€. So those who let me know they definitely want to take part will get the first positions. Others will have to go on a waiting list I guess in case someone doesnā€™t show up or cannot stay long.

Take care!
Megan

Hello Oad,
Many thanks for listening to the Skype Session conversation of last Sunday. Iā€™m feeling encouraged as you found it interesting.

Itā€™s great that youā€™re going to join in the next Sundayā€™s Skype session. Please register your name well ahead with Megan by sending a p.m. informing your Skype ID.

Hopefully the next session is going to be adored by Alanā€™s taking part too!

See you soon!

Mujibur

Hi I would like to participate on a skype lesson, but I donā€™t know how to begin, my skype name is
ril.ra
bye

Hi Piroska,

The session starts every Sunday at 4pm Central European Time. What time zone are you in?

Reegards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening discussions: How does Dr Beech characterize the assistantship?[YSaerTTEW443543]