Free Skype speaking sessions on a regular basis

Hi Megan,
Hope you are well. I would like to join next skype session. You you be so kind to let me know how to join and when to get the information about the date and time of performance.

Regards
Vanya

Hello Vanya,

There is a session today but unfortunately it seems to be full (unless some people do not show up). Iā€™ve just posted about the session after that which I will hold this Wednesday the 19th of October at 4 PM (Western European Time). If you wish to sign up for this session please just comment here and send me a private message with your Skype ID so that I can add you.

Thank you for your interest!

Take care!
Megan

Hello Megan,

Thank you for announcing the next Skype session schedule. Please take me in the list which is going to take place on next Wednesday the 19th of October at 4 PM (Western European Time).

Have a nice day!

Thanks,
Mujibur

Hello Mujibur,

I look forward to talking with you later today and have added you to the list for Wednesdayā€™s session!

1. Megan
  2. Mujibur

Take care!
Megan

Hi Megan,

Following are the two questions Iā€™d be interested to ask all the participants during the next Skype session of Wednesday next:

1. How important is it to be obsessed in learning a language?

2. Do you think intensive listening and reading have got the great roles in learning the English language skills?

I wish you to have a good day!

Bye!

Mujibur

Hello, :slight_smile:

So cool!!! :slight_smile:

Hello Megan,
Thank you so much for your reply. I would like to participate in Wednesdayā€™s Skype session. Unfortunately I can join 5.30h. May I?
Otherwise I will look for the next skype session.

My questions are:

1. how important is to love the language you are learning and is this attitude helps you learn faster?
  2. Do you think in English?

regards
Vanya

Hello everyone!

First I would like to ask if todayā€™s participants would please give me some feedback on how they feel the sessions are going. This was our 5th session and I would like to know what everyone likes, dislikes or would like to see added to the conversations in the future. I want to start making them a little more structured soon, if possible but I want everyoneā€™s feedback first. Thanks!

Vanya,

Iā€™m adding you to the list of participants for Wednesday. If you mean 5:30 PM mainland Western European Time then that is fine. I usually hold the session for about 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours.

Next Skype Session - Wednesday the 19th of October at 4 PM (Western European Time)

1. Megan
  2. Mujibur
  3. Vanya

Take care!
Megan

I just want to thank you for the todays skype session,
I think my confidence in English is growing.
So thanks for all,

Have a nice time

Dear Piroska,

I really hope you are finding these group sessions useful in some way. I think you just have to give yourself some time to get used to speaking English. I think you are doing well expressing yourself and Iā€™m so happy that you are willing to try and answer everything.

Take care!
Megan

Hi again Megan,
Thank you. Yes, I meant 5.30PM. western European time. I will try to be online.
Have a n ice new week

Vanya

Hi Megan

Iā€™d like t say that the skype sessins so far have been wonderful.
Whenever one session ends I already start looking forward for the next one.
So please put my name on the list for the wednesday session.
Iā€™ll try to give the questions some more thought and Iā€™ll write them down later.
Thanks again for hosting our sessions. You are doing a wonderful job and whatever you have in mind to improve the sessins Iā€™m sure will turn out great.

See you soon,
]
Mauricio.

Hello every body
Im new here and really appreciate this great ideaā€¦:slight_smile:
Now am registering in skype but i do not know why should i put my phone number? Do skype work with phones ? Cuz am new in skype and i do nOt have idea about it !?

Hello Megan,

Itā€™s remarkable that Skype sessions have passed through consecutive five weeks. Itā€™s you as a host who took the pioneer role! It has drawn attention of many people and continuously arousing interests of many old and new forum members. All the participants expressed by this time that these sessions have generated much high level of confidence for them to speak English better.

Your role as a moderator helped the sessions to go on and to have lot of fun. The sessions were full of enthusiasm which ran in a friendly, democratic and healthy atmosphere. Most important is that you are well prepared to take an active role in the sessions!

I would appreciate proper recordings (like Pamela) to be done for reviewing by the forum members after the sessions. Of course, if the technical supports could be arranged to avoid disruption of connections during the sessions would be great.

The idea of inviting questions from each participant before the sessions would be of much help for the paricipants to take active roles and would ultimately fetch higher results to achieve the basic objectives of the Skype session. Iā€™m quite optimistic about the better outcomes of the more structured sessions to be led by you.

Wish you to have a fruitful and rewarded week!

With warm regards,

Mujibur

Hello Megan,

here go my questions for our next skype session:

• What kind of music do you like to hear? Do you have a favorite singer or group?
  • What kind of movies do you like to watch? Do you have a favourite movie or artist?

Have a great day,

Mauricio.

Hello Megan,

First the Sunday session was very good and useful. It was like as I could be in the US.or in the UK for 2 hours. It helps all of us very much. Many, many thanks for it.

Secondly I want to say to you that my husband and your father have something in common. I saw your father like the ancient coins. My husband collected them by himself. On the bank of the Danube he found hundred of ancient coins in the sand or gravel. He has 10 Celt coins (from the Boyus and Eraviscus tribe) ,from the period of the late Roman empire about 150 pc, Hungarian medieval coins (about 25 pc) Austrian, Hungarian, Turkish coins from the XV-XVI century.

So when I said to you I didnā€™t like history in the school with these antiquities I learned lot from history. When he found a coin we have to identify them. We bought books about these historical periods and I could make up for what I missed in my history classes.

He found rings, pieces of bronze jewel also. For example we knew the Celt used to have a rite when they threw pieces of jewel into the water. As their specific gravity is heavier than the gravel they remained there where somebody threw them long ago.

My husband wanted to offer them to the village where he found - (my children and grandchildren wasnā€™t happy because they also like them.) But thanks God he offered them two years ago and they were very happy but till today they didnā€™t present themselves for the present. I have a feeling that the town-clerk had been seeing my husband for about twenty years as he was looking for these things and he knows that he likes them very much - I think but it is only my assumption - that he doesnā€™t want to accept this present. He knows that they are carefully watched objects of him.

Thirdly I would like to participate on Friday session. Many thanks.

Take care.
Warm regards:
Kati

Oi Mauricio,

I think you have wonderful articles for the session and thatā€™s interesting, isnā€™t it? I hope you ask me 'em on Oct 26th. Just because I have a lots of singer and movies!

And Sunday 4pm west Europe time which is Monday at midnight in Japan so Iā€™m gonna join before day off. I work the shift and day off is irregularly. I am looking forward to a possible meeting on the Skype session!

Ate mais tarde,
Amy

Dear Amy,

We would really love to have you participate with us. Please let me give you a list of the next dates and times for the next 4 weeks. I cannot always hold a session on Sunday so I update weekly here.

The next 4 sessions will beā€¦

Wednesday the 19th of October at 4PM (Western European Time)
Wednesday the 26th of October at 4PM (Western European Time)
Sunday the 6th of November at 4PM (Western European Time)
Sunday the 13th of November at 4PM (Western European Time)

Please let me know which one(s) youā€™d like to join and we will be very happy to have you with us!

Take care!
Megan

Dear Megan,

I really appreciate that you design the Skype session every week.

Would you please add me to the list on Oct 26th.
You cannot always hold a session on Sunday is more convenient for me.
I am going to send you my Skype ID via PM later.

I certainly look forward to participating the Skype session.

Cheers,
Amy

Hi everyone, I really want to join the conversation through skype. And Megan, Iā€™ve sent my skype Id by emailed to you weeks ago, have you added mine to your list? Just wondering, and can you hold the conversation at AM Eropean time (I meant not in PM)?

I live in Indonesia, and I donā€™t know about European time, if there is 04.00 pm in WET , so, whatā€™s time in Indonesia ( Jakarta (western indonesian time)) ??
Thanks