First FREE simulated TOEIC based test operated by a TOEIC Test Center

Dear Friends,

You are now able to start completing simulated TOEIC test based questions online for free!

You are invited to give your feedback on the ‘prep engine’ as we develop it. So in a certain way this is a kind of ‘open source’ project which you can help create and shape.

Your ideas and suggestions are very important for us, because we are creating the TOEIC test based simulation prep engine for you, our users!

Please note that our materials are neither endorsed nor officially approved by ETS (Educational Testing Services). This means that the materials are produced by us. TOEIC is a trademark owned by ETS, Educational Training Services.

If you are interested in evaluating the TOEIC test based simulation prep engine, please post a voice message here telling us your reasons why you want to evaluate the engine. Please note that you can’t get access to the engine if you only post a written message. Your post must be an audio recording.

Many thanks,
Torsten

TOEIC short conversations: Personnel discussion

Hello,

the database for a new (second) test is also ready now! Now the script has to be adapted and maybe we will also add the second test to our test drive.
Let’s see what Torsten and Slava think about it. By the way - the third test is also in progress now.

1 Like

Hi Roman,

Thanks a lot putting the second test into the database. We’ll add the missing photos early next week so the first two tests will be ready. In the meantime, it would think about the scoring algorithm. For example, there should be the option of having a cumulative score so if a user completes more than one test they can see both their separate scores as well as their cumulative score.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture by a professor of Fine Arts[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hello,

2 new tests are ready now. If everything goes fine we will add them to our test drive tonight. Altogether we will have 3 tests.

Please listen to my recording and respond with a voice message too. Many thanks.

Hi Roman, so far the tests look great. Just two things: Can you please set the audio recordings on ‘auto play’ so that the use doesn’t have to click on ‘play’ every time? Secondly, is it possible to get the volume up somehow? I’m listening to the recordings at full volume but it they aren’t the loud at all. Bill, what do you make of the tests, you have the links. Many thanks, Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from an arts class[YSaerTTEW443543]

Please listen to my recording and respond with a voice message too. Many thanks.

Kitsodad,

As a writer of these tests, your feedback is invaluable.

Could you be more specific about the questions “in the 90s” that you refer to? The more specific you can be in your feedback, the sooner we can address your concerns and make corrections, if necessary.

Thanks,

Adam

Hello Torsten,

let’s see whether that will be possible. I will ask Slava for the source code of the voice recording software tomorrow and see what I can do.
I also started filling up the database with the next test today, It’s going very fast now.

Please listen to my recording and respond with a voice message too. Many thanks.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening lectures: What aspect of USA Today does the professor mainly discuss?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hello Kitosdad and Torsten,

we checked the audio recordings together with Slava and also we checked the database and the source code - everything on the programming side was right. Unfortunately it seems to be a mistake from Tom. We will contact him about this (or already did this? don’t know, maybe Slava already wrote him an email).
About the tests - the fourth will be ready until the end of the week, maybe even earlier.

With kind regards,
Roman

Hello,

I checked every mp3 file of the complete 3 tests that are ready and online and unfortunately they are 5 wrong mp3 files in the first test (from November). The mp3 files of the other 2 tests are right.
Here are the numbers of the questions with the wrong mp3 files:
questions 77-79, 86-88, 92-94, 95-97 and 98-100

Hi Roman,

When you have a minute, please let me know what tests you are referring to and I will check into it on my end.

Thanks,

Tom

Hello Roman,

Please insert in your message 5 URL to incorrect tests.

Many thanks
Slava

Hello Slava, could you please resend me the links. I deleted Torsten’s PM unfortunately.

Thanks, Bill.

Hi Torsten,

The Nordhausen class completed their first simulated TOEIC test today. There were two main problems that we encountered.

Questions 77,78,79,86,87,88,92-100 all had the wrong audio file.
The test didn’t record the answers correctly (Ha! I know how this must sound). The internet connection is really bad in the class room and the internet connection disconnected and reconnected several times during the test. Maybe this is the cause?
Is there a function on the test that allows you to check each answer after you’ve finished?

The feedback from the students was as follows.
Part 1 (Listening with pictures). The students found this part ok.
Part 2 (Listening with questions). The students found this part ok.
Part 3 (questions about a short audio clip) The students said they had to listen to the audio file two or three times before they understood completely.
Part 4 (Fill in the gap in a sentence) Some students had problems with the past, present and future tense of some words.
Part 5 (Fill in three blanks in each passage) The students this part ok. Some said they spend too much time translating the text.
Part 6 (Answer questions about an article) The students found this part the most difficult. There wasn’t enough time to translate the text and the questions.
Expectantly time was a big problem.

Overall I think it was a good result for their first stimulation TOEIC test.
Now that I have identified the problems the students and I can start working on them straight away.

Regards Brian

Hello Bill,

Please take a look for these links.

URL: english-test.net/toeic/simul … p?gpart=77

MUST BE:
Questions 77-79 refer to the following telephone message.

(F)

Hello, Mr. Noreen. This is Sheila McCormack from E.R.P. Corporation. I wanted to let you know that we were all quite impressed by your presentation last week. We’d like you to give us a quote on the project. So, I’ve gone ahead and e-mailed a formal request for a bid to you. We’ll need to receive the information by March 10th at the latest. I’m sorry, but won’t be able to accept anything submitted after that date. Of course, the sooner you can get it to us the better. If you have any questions about the specifications, call me at 555-4767. We look forward to receiving your bid.

1. What is the message mainly about?

(A) A coming presentation
(B) A request for a product
(C) A date for a reservation
(D) A bid on a project *

1. What does the speaker say about Mr. Noreen’s presentation?

(A) She thought it was impressive. *
(B) She has some questions about it.
(C) She was surprised by his conclusions.
(D) She would like a copy of the information he presented.

1. Why does the speaker mention March 10th?

(A) It is the starting date for a new project.
(B) It is the date of a departmental meeting.
(C) It is the last day to submit some information. *
(D) It is the date of the next presentation.

####################################

URL: english-test.net/toeic/simul … p?gpart=86

MUST BE:
Questions 86-88 refer to the following introduction.

(M)

Welcome to Munson Industries’ new-employee orientation. My name is Robert Cho, and I will be
spending about half an hour introducing you to the schedule for this week’s training. At 10:30 we will take a brief break, and then Karen Henry from the personnel and benefits office will go over the forms in your packet and answer any questions you may have about company policies. Karen has been with the company since it was started and has lots of information to share with you. Lunch will be provided from noon to one o’clock. In the afternoon, we’ll start with an excellent video about the history of Munson Industries. Following the video, at 3:30, we will break up into groups by the department you’ II be working in, and you will meet your group trainers. Your technical training will begin tomorrow. Your trainers will explain where and when to meet and give you any materials you will need to get started.

1. Who is the speaker probably addressing?
    (A) A group of technical trainers
    (B) A group of new employees *
    (C) Guests at a special dinner
    (D) Historians at a convention

2. What will Karen Henry do?

(A) Answer questions about policies *
(B) Talk about company products
(C) Lead a tour of the company
(D) Meet with the trainers

1. When will a video be shown?

(A) This morning
(B) This afternoon *
(C) Tomorrow morning
(D) Tomorrow afternoon

URL: english-test.net/toeic/simul … p?gpart=92

MUST BE:
Questions 92-94 refer to the following talk.

(M)

At the request of the church president, our architectural firm, Rejuvenate LLC, has been asked to
prepare an assessment of the church building. I have been named the lead architect. We understand that serious problems have led to the current situation at the church. The chapel building is nearly 100 years old. It has not been properly taken care of, and it needs a lot of work. Everything from the foundation to the heating system will have to be restored and repaired. It will be expensive, but the work must be done if the church is to last another hundred years. Now I am going to describe all of the problems in detail. Then I’ll explain the work that needs to be done and how we will do it.

1. Why is this talk taking place?

(A) It happens once every 100 years.
(B) The church president made a request. *
(C) The architect quit working.
(D) Rejuvenate LLC needs repairing.

1. What is NOT required?

(A) A new heating system
(B) A better location *
(C) A new foundation
(D) A building assessment

1. What will the speaker do next?

(A) Describe the landscaping around the church
(B) Lead a tour of the church’s collections
(C) Show photographs of historic buildings
(D) Explain how the church can be restored *

URL: english-test.net/toeic/simul … p?gpart=95

MUST BE:
Questions 95-97 refer to the following report.

(F)

Nearly every day we are reminded to get more exercise, but this can be hard to do with the hectic
lifestyles we have today. Multi-tasking, or doing two or more things at the same time, is now a common theme in the workplace. So, why not try and combine your daily commute with a good aerobic workout? Cycling is a great way of doing just that, and you can get to work just as quickly as you can by car for most journeys under five miles. And you don’t have to pay for parking. As part of National Bike Week, our cycle forum is holding a bike riders’ breakfast on Thursday, July sixteenth in front of the Collins Building. If you can show that you arrived at work by bike, there will be free coffee, orange juice, fruit, and yogurt awaiting you!

1. What example of multi-tasking does the speaker give?

(A) Eating breakfast while driving to work
(B) Commuting while getting exercise *
(C) Thinking while cycling
(D) Drinking coffee while working

1. What is the purpose of the event that the speaker announces?

(A) To encourage employees to cycle to work *
(B) To teach employees time-management techniques
(C) To help employees cope with stress
(D) To invite employees to join an aerobics class

1. Which employees will get a free breakfast on July 16?

(A) Those who get to work before 8:00 a.m.
(B) Those who have paid for parking
(C) Those who work in the Collins Building
(D) Those who ride a bicycle to work *

URL: english-test.net/toeic/simul … p?gpart=98

MUST BE:
Questions 98-100 refer to the following speech.

(M)

Welcome to this year’s national tennis championship tournament. We’re pleased that you will be here throughout the week to cover the championship matches. Remember that you are required to wear and display your press identification cards at all times. This promises to be an exciting and historic week. Following the play each day, selected players will be brought to the media center, where all of you will have an opportunity to ask questions in the interview area. In consideration of both players and fellow members of the media, we ask that you kindly turn off all mobile phones and pagers in the interview area. When you are called upon, please wait for a microphone to be handed to you before asking your question. Now I am pleased to welcome Sergio Padova, last year’s champion. He’ll talk about this year’s tournament and answer questions.

1. Who is the intended audience for this talk?

(A) Athletes
(B) Film stars
(C) Journalists *
(D) Politicians

1. What are the audience members asked to do?

(A) Speak quietly in the interview area
(B) Dress nicely for interviews
(C) Use microphones when asking questions *
(D) Leave telephones outside the media center

1. What will happen next?

(A) The audience will watch a film clip.
(B) A tennis player will answer questions. *
(C) The audience will leave the meeting.
(D) A player will sign autographs.

Best regards
Slava

Hi ,

I want to take the TOEIC test online, As it would help me in preparation for my TOEIC Exam at my office.

Thanks

Hi Shiva, sure you can get the links as soon as you post your voice recording. In the meantime, you can continue completing all our existing TOEIC based exercises. There are still plenty of them for you to do! So far, you have spent only 29 minutes practising. That’s three times less than a full-length TOEIC test takes. Good luck, Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a professor and his student[YSaerTTEW443543]