Feedback on audio recording (2 what a performance!)

Hi,

Please share your feedback on the audio version of What a performance.

Many thanks,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: Helpful suggestion[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten

I thought Brandee read this at a more natural speed, and succeeded in reading it in an interesting way. The sound quality didn’t seem to be quite as good as on her first recording – but that may only reflect the fact that I’m at a different PC today. (I’ll try to listen again next time I’m at a different PC.)

She had a couple of little stumbles, and I noticed that she read a typo exactly as it appeared in the text. I think the typo more than the occasional verbal stumble might tend to lead to learner questions and confusion (i.e. I can imagine a learner asking this: “Why is it OK to say two daughter?”)

The main grammar focus was present continuous, and I’d be interested in what others think about the fact that the spoken text did not contain the contractions that are so typical in spoken English. I can see pros and cons both ways.

Hi Amy,

Thanks a lot for your comments. I’ve removed the “daughter” typo. Did you spot any other errors in the written text?
Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: Business interview[YSaerTTEW443543]

Sounds to me as if she’s reading as she speaks. A bit lifeless.

hi there I love it, but I’m so much interested about the audio, how would I download the audio? would that be possible…?
it’s great to share to my students very informative specially the tenses of verb…

regards
sanunai

Hi Sanunai,

You can download some of the MP3 audio recordings here.

Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: Whose turn is it to refill the ink?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Torsten,

Thank you so much I can use this Mp3 to my class, since we’re trying to upgrade
some curriculum for the training of English Language, Although I haven’t try to download some
because I’m still out of town for some corporate meeting!

Mabuhay! God Bless

Regards,

Sanunai

Hi, please help me to realize…
'I’m not attending next year’s festival ’ = I’m not going to the festival next year…Is it equal?
When can we use Present Continuous in the future meaning?
What does construction ‘I am being’ mean? (I am being perfectly serious)

Best reagrds.

I have found the answer for the first question (In next lesson :)) I was in a hurry to ask=)

What Alan meant was, that he was being overly critical of the performers.

They weren’t really that bad.

Hi Romashka,
Hi, please help me to realize…
'I’m not attending next year’s festival ’ = I’m not going to the festival next year…Is it equal?
The present continuous to say what you have already arranged to do. In the sentence, She decided that she don’t want to come there again.
you can also use " I’m not going to somewhere". I think, there is no different in two way. But you must note: go to somewhere and attend something.
cheer!

Hi teachers,

I think it would be nice if you provide tests regarding to this story as you did with the story “It never gets you anywhere”. I really liked doing tests about “It never gets you anywhere” last time.
Actually I hopped that after listening and reading the story “What a performance!”, I could do some tests, but there isn’t any one. Tests regarding to the texts or stories are always good for students to remember new words and to understand the ideas of the stories. Please provide some tests. Thank you.

Have a nice day!
Hoa

I want to know the meaning of fidgeting

Many thanks

Tania

I am Kiny from Costa Rica,… I am happy to ear all this lessons and recording this help me a lot in my listen English lesson … Thanks a lot for this articles… keep performing them for all of us…

Hi, Alan!

Explain me please what is “theatre of the ridiculous”?

Hi!
I found a couple of words in this story, which misspelled: “realise” (get the impression that someone is tapping my knees but then I realise that it’s the woman in front who is fidgeting. ) = “realize”, and “neighbour” (It was then I said to my elderly neighbour in I suppose a rather loud voice (but you must remember she is having a problem with her hearing)…) = “neighbor”.

Correct me if I’m wrong… Thanks :slight_smile:

Those are the correct spellings in British English.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A stroll by the sea[YSaerTTEW443543]

Thank you very much! I’ll know :slight_smile:

Hi Alan,

In the sentence … “There will now be a short intermission” could you replace it for “Now there will be a short intermission” or “There will be a short intermission now”
Which is more colloquial?

Hi,

In this story which is very interesting, amusing and useful to understand the present continuous, there is something that was no clear for me, the title of the play: Mother knows best.

What does it mean? I’m supposing that it is something like: Mother always is right or Mother knows everything, or Mother always knows what it is more convenient for her children.

Could you explain the meaning?

Regards