Feedback on audio recording (2 what a performance!)

‘Mother knows best’ is similar in meaning to ‘Mother always knows what the right thing to do/be done is’.

Hi Alan,

I’ve found this audio interesting, I just have a question that is driving me crazy: I saw that at the end it is said " you’re wanting". Please, I would like to know why when it is a verb that is not used in progressive tense or non-action verb part of a conversation. There are a lot non-action verbs that are action verbs depending on the action but I do really have a confusion. Thank you for your help.

Ruth

too fast for me

Best wishes

This story is based upon an experience a person faces the world. It is in present continuous because it´s seen from one´s point of view.
However it could be in present simple if it were part of our daily routine.

Tavo2, Thank you for answering my question.

Fortunately nobody can tell our future daily needs and wants exactly!

The Gullible Fritz lecherously:
Oh you voluptuous beauty, I’ve been wanting you since May 1940.
The Gaul Ingénue cheeky:
Certainly you know that you have been wanting in manpower a bit.
The Gullible Fritz eagerly:
Yeah, that’s it, I’ve been wanting into you with my manpower since I was born. When can I come over t’you?
The Gaul Ingénue snidely:
OMG, with your German Predisposition, you’re wanting in brainpower as well. No Germany, no progression, no future wanted, and that’s that!

Since then, the Gullible Fritz has been puzzling over what he’s wanting in to get wanted what he wants. And they all lived happily ever after.

Oh Manchester England, I’ve been ‘loving at’ your language for almost three years now, however, in no way your jejune cuisine.
Ahoi