ETN should have sentence correction tests.

I write this and that and these and those to improve my writing skill.

I did some word tests on ETN as well.

ETN should have multiple choice sentence correction tests.

Just a thought. I donch know.

Have fun.

Like this advanced level one. I did it correctly in some seconds. Oh, Me Junglie don’t have a degree in English, though.

Try this Mr. MAPHD. hi hi hi hi.

Have fun.

Galton’s claim that fingerprints are unique is almost universally accepted despite using less than one hundred samples for his initial investigation and statistical methods that are not entirely convincing.

A. Galton’s claim that fingerprints are unique is almost universally accepted despite using less than one hundred samples for his initial investigation and statistical methods that are not entirely convincing.
B. Galton’s claim that fingerprints are unique is almost universally accepted despite his using statistical methods that are not entirely convincing and less than one hundred samples for his initial investigation.
C. Even though Galton used one hundred samples or less, for his initial investigation, and used statistical methods that are not entirely convincing, his claim for fingerprints that are unique is almost universally accepted.
D. Even though Galton used less than one hundred samples for his initial investigation, and used statistical methods that are not entirely convincing, his claim that fingerprints are unique is almost universally accepted.
E. Even though Galton used less than one hundred samples for his initial investigation, his claim that fingerprints are unique is almost universally accepted, despite the fact that he used statistical methods that are not entirely convincing.

Who dares wins. I dare you. Come beat me, Mr. Black Night.

Have fun.

I admire Mourinho. Cos he talks cocky big, but he’s damn good, huh? Ain’t he?

Heroism?

I miss Cristina.ro. My hero(ine)

Have fun.

Try this MBA one.
Question
While larger banks can afford to maintain their own data-processing operations, many smaller regional and community banks are finding that the cost associated with upgrading data-processing equipment and with the development and maintenance of new products and technical staff are prohibitive.

(A) cost associated with
(B) costs associated with
© costs arising from
(D) cost of
(E) costs of

Have fun, learn English, be a winner. Then talk big. Cool?

Hm, kids’ stuff.

Answers - D and B.

Gud, gud, gud , gud, gud.

Why are you answering yourself, Mr K?

I was waiting for someone who’d love to take sentence correction tests as I do/like me.

Coach, why don’t you create some pages like them. I bet you can.

Things like, with explanations. I know there are lots of things in it, but I think it will pay well too.

Knowing there are a lot of better but shy Gurus on ETN.

Have fun.

I found taking this type of tests help me improve my writing power/skill.

Thanks.

And this

Unlike traditional bullet-proof vests, which can prevent serious injury, but which cannot prevent the wearer being knocked over by the impact, new vest designs are being developed in the United States where bullets bounce off.

A. new vest designs are being developed in the United States where bullets bounce off
B. new vest designs, where bullets bounce off, are being developed in the United States
C. the United States is developing new vests, designed to make bullets bounce off
D. new vests, designed to make bullets bounce off, are being developed in the United States
E. new vests, where bullets bounce off, are being developed in the United States

Have fun.

And This

The Bengal school attempted to create an authentic style of Indian painting based on the study of the art of ancient India, Indian medieval miniature traditions, as well as European and Japanese art.

A. Indian medieval miniature traditions, as well as European and Japanese art
B. and Indian medieval miniature traditions, as well as European and Japanese art
C. Indian medieval miniature traditions, and European and Japanese art as well
D. and Indian medieval miniature traditions, and European as well as Japanese art
E. Indian medieval miniature traditions, European, and Japanese art

And this

Often said to be the most perfectly cut of all large diamonds, the Jubilee’s facets are so exact that it can be balanced on its culet, which is less than two millimeters across.

A. the Jubilee’s facets are so exact that it can be balanced on its culet, which is less
B. the Jubilee’s facets are so exact that the diamond can be balanced on its culet, less
C. the Jubilee has facets so exact that it can be balanced on its culet, which is less
D. the Jubilee has facets which are so exact that it can balance on its culet, which is less
E. the Jubilee’s facets are so exact that it can be balanced on its culet, which is lesser

If your certificate/diploma/degree/master degree in English is a quality one, you can do them correctly at first attempt. Unless you should know you were cheated. By who/whom?

Shh…

Have fun.

Yeah, thanks a lot for making this easy by thoroughly explaining what exactly we’re supposed to do with these, Mr K! :wink: Kidding.

“Some seconds”? I must’ve been staring at the computer screen for a whole 10 minutes before I finally decided to go with:

D. Even though Galton used less than one hundred samples for his initial investigation, and used statistical methods that are not entirely convincing, his claim that fingerprints are unique is almost universally accepted.

But then this one doesn’t really count since you’ve already given us the answer. I’ll have a go at the next one on the list:

There! I think I’ll leave the last two for other members – so many words in these questions… It makes me head spin!

Dear Cristina,

Thank you. You know our Burmese grammar is quite opposite to English grammar. So to write a perfect sentence is such a job for me.

So the sentence goes like this, yes?

Unlike traditional bullet-proof vests, which can prevent serious injury, but which cannot prevent the wearer being knocked over by the impact, new vests, designed to make bullets bounce off, are being developed in the United States.

As you know there are lots of commas in it. Which I scare. lol. A wrong comma can kill the whole sentence?

You still are the best.

Unlike traditional bullet-proof vests, which can prevent serious injury, but which cannot prevent the wearer being knocked over by the impact, new vests, designed to make bullets bounce off, are being developed in the United States.

I found that the sentence still looks clumsy with scary commas. I think we still can improve it by rephrasing, but how?

Enlighten me please.

Have fun.

REPHRASING ENGLISH GRAMMAR EXERCISES

Rephrase the following sentences using the ‘Starters’ given so that they express the same as the original sentences.

1. I would rather take Indian Medicine than Allopathic pills. (I’d prefer)
    ans :

2. Andy is the cleverest boy in the class. (No other)
    ans :

3. I want to have that dictionary. (Could)
    ans :

4. I put the key in the lock and at once the dog sprang at me. (Hardly)
    ans :

5. Scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours. (If)
    ans :

6. I reached the station on time because he helped me. (But for)
    ans :

7. He is not only a thief but also a murderer. (Besides)
    ans :

8. Your father is not so tall as you. (Your father)
    ans :

9. She rarely left the house alone. (Seldom)
    ans :

10. I have rarely seen anything so beautiful. (Rarely)
    ans :

11. In no other way can you succeed. (Only)
    ans :

12. The door flew open suddenly. (Suddenly)
    ans :

13. When she will meet me next is uncertain. (If)
    ans :

14. I think it’s going to rain. (It’s quite)
    ans :

15. Could you tell me anything about the blast in the central market? (Do you have)
    ans :

Have fun.

Why don’t you try first?

I did, lots of mistakes though.

Thanks.

1. I would rather take Indian Medicine than Allopathic pills. (I’d prefer)
    ans :
    I’d prefer to take Indian Medicine instead of Allopathic pills. / I’d prefer Indian medicine to Allopathic pills.

2. Andy is the cleverest boy in the class. (No other)
    ans :
    No other boy in the class is as clever as Andy.

3. I want to have that dictionary. (Could)
    ans :
    Could I have that dictionary?

4. I put the key in the lock and at once the dog sprang at me. (Hardly)
    ans :
    Hardly had I put the key in the lock when/than (do both work here?) the dog sprang at me.

5. Scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours. (If)
    ans :
    If you scratch my back I’ll scratch yours.

6. I reached the station on time because he helped me. (But for)
    ans :
    But for his help I would not have reached the station on time.

7. He is not only a thief but also a murderer. (Besides)
    ans :
    Besides being a thief he is also a murderer.

8. Your father is not so tall as you. (Your father)
    ans :
    Your father is not as tall as you are.

9. She rarely left the house alone. (Seldom)
    ans :
    Seldom did she leave the house alone.

10. I have rarely seen anything so beautiful. (Rarely)
    ans :
    Rarely have I seen anything so beautiful.

11. In no other way can you succeed. (Only)
    ans :
    Only in this way can you succeed.

12. The door flew open suddenly. (Suddenly)
    ans :
    Suddenly the door flew open.

13. When she will meet me next is uncertain. (If)
    ans :
    If she will meet me again is uncertain. (?)

14. I think it’s going to rain. (It’s quite)
    ans :
    It’s quite possible that it is going to rain. (?) / It’s quite possible that it will rain.

15. Could you tell me anything about the blast in the central market? (Do you have)
    ans :
    Do you have any information about the blast in the central market?

This was like a walk in the park compared to the other set of questions. Hmm… I think! :slight_smile: