Essay for Ielts

Many people go to university for academic study. More people should be encouraged to do vocational training because there is a lack of qualified workers such as electricians and plumbers. To what extent do agree or disagree?
Concerning the issue of doing vocational training instead of going to university for academic study, it is believed that there is a lack of qualified workers such as electricians and plumbers so participating vocational training is a good choice to solve that problem. As far as I am concerned, I do totally agree with the statement for several reasons which will be given out in this essay.

First of all, it can be said with certainty that in need of workers. The key explanation is possibly because nowadays more and more buildings are constructed so workers are vital. Indeed, in many countries, a permanent maintenance staff of skilled tradesmen is employed in hospitals, schools or museums, ensuring the safety of all who use the buildings.

Second of all, a special consideration in this case is that the students who do vocational training could reduce their time in study. The main basis is probably because completing program in vocational training school takes less time than that in ordinary colleges or universities. In Vietnam, for instance, it takes about two years to complete an electrical vocational training instead of four years if we go to university for academic study.

Last but not least, it is supposed that vocational training specialize in providing students with the vocational education and technical skills. This is a clear evidence because students could gain useful working skills quickly in actual situations and they would find it easy to perform particular task when they start a job as a worker.

Taking everything into consideration, people have to weigh up in their thoughts to what extent this issue should be supported. However, the discussions are convincing enough to lead me to the conclusion that we should encourage more young people to do vocational training not only its advantages but also to solve the problems of lacking of qualified workers nowadays.

4 Likes

Hello Anh_Thy, thank you very much sharing your essay. What kind of feedback are you looking for? By the way, you might want to read how micro credentials are becoming more and more popular. This exercise was created for you by @tim_m

3 Likes