English trainers wanted: Havelberg April 26 through May 7, full time

Hello everyone, we are looking for English trainers for the following course.

Dates: April 26 through May 7, 2010
Times: 8:00 until 3 pm every day, 8 lessons per 45 minutes from Monday through Friday
Purpose: teaching basic business English to beginners

The group is very small and consists of German Federal Army members (Bundeswehrangehörige). They are preparing for the LCCI Exam, Level I.

Each group member is going get a copy of the following book which the trainer should use too:

Fairway. B1. Lehr- und Arbeitsbuch + Audio-CD + CD-ROM
Verlag: Klett Ernst /Schulbuch
Erscheinungsdatum: September 2005
ISBN: 3125014603

The group takes the LCCI exam on May 7th so on that day you will either not be teaching at all or teaching only 2 units. Accommodation is available at the premises in Havelberg.

For more information, details and questions please contact me here on the forum.

Many thanks,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Charity worker is asking for donations in kind through a phone call[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten,

Could you please let me know the criteria for being a trainer. I’m a corporate trainer in India and train IT & ITES employees on Language & communication skills. I’ve appeared for the London test (C+) and await the results. However, I’m not a graduate.

Regards,
Genius71

Hi Genius,

Here are the requirements for this job:

• You need to travel to/live in Havelberg/Germany.
  • You need a German tax number.
  • You need to be a self-employed English trainer in Germany.

Best regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Supervisor is showing new employee office and eating facilities[YSaerTTEW443543]

Thanks for the quick response. I need some more help please. How does one get a German tax number? and how can I be a self-employed trainer in Germany? Also do I need to be fluent in German language?.

Hi Torsten,

I’ve finally signed up to the forums, which I’d been delaying for quite some time… but anyhow, I’d be willing to teach this course.

Regards,
Natasha

I am interested in this job also. What do I need to do?

Hi Torsten, Yes I would be delighted to return to Havelberg. Its a fabulous small town with the most amazing cathedral high on a mount, and the Bundeswehr are excellent to teach. I also loved staying at the education centre there. So if you want to give this to me, then yes please.
regards, Noel

Hello Torston,

I’m interested in this job. Thank you. Regarding your email to me:
“It is an LCCI, English for Business Exam, Level 1 preparation course so you will need incorporate previous exam papers into your training”

How do I get access to the previous exam papers? Do they have a book? How can I get access to it?

Regarding the accommodation: You had mentioned you can stay on the premises–is there a cost, and what would that be? Is there Internet (gotta ask)
Thank you and please let me know about these details-look forward
Svetlana

I am also interested. What do I need to do?

Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot for your interest in this job. You can check out the premises and accommodation options here: integral-ggmbh.de/Joomla/con … y/109/201/

Please note that you will have to cover any of your travel and accommodation expenses yourself. Since this is an LCCI preparation course, you need to find materials you can use to prepare the group for their exam. If you search Google, you will find the following link which contains a lot of free materials in and information on the LCCI exam suites: lccieb-germany.com/germanhom … ngebot.php

This research and preparation is part of the job. As for Internet access, yes there is a WiFi access point available at the school and if you ask the administration they will give you the key code.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: In the desert[YSaerTTEW443543]

Thank you Torston,

One other question just to be completely clear that I understand:
You wrote:
“LCCI, English for Business Exam, Level 1 preparation course so you will need
to incorporate previous exam papers into your training”

Question:
Which previous exam papers need to be incorporated in training? I’m assuming its “Lehrer Infos Downloads” on LCCI website
Does that mean the “Preliminary Exam” OR, is it under “Schuler Infos Downloads”? If so, its called Past Paper Pack for years 2006-2002–Which one of these?

thank you

Hi Svetlana, you should incorporate any or all of these:
lccieb-germany.com/germanhom … ck2006.pdf
lccieb-germany.com/germanhom … ck2005.pdf
lccieb-germany.com/germanhom … ck2004.pdf
lccieb-germany.com/germanhom … ck2003.pdf
lccieb-germany.com/germanhom … ck2002.pdf[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A suspension cable car[YSaerTTEW443543]

after looking at everything i definitely want to do it. where do i sign?

Hi Torsten,

I would like the do the job.

What is the next step?

Best,

Jason

Hello Torsten,

Thanks very much indeed for the info regarding Havelberg.
However, I’m not available I’m afraid.

Thanks all the same and I do hope we’ll have the opportunity to work together in the future.

Keti

Hi Jason, what materials would you use and how exactly would you prepare the group for the exam?
Many thanks,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: View on the harbour[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten,

Step one is to try and contact all the students via telephone or skype.
This gives me the opportunity to not come into a cold classroom as well ans finding out what type of skill level, strong and weak points, and motivation we really have.

Aside from using what you noted as necessary “Fairway. B1. Lehr- und Arbeitsbuch + Audio-CD + CD-ROM”, we at Language Associates have a good track record with this test and we use another prep book which I will bring as well.

For the most part following the prep books gives strong results.

Additionally, old tests will be integrated with progressive time limits to give test realism.

As the days are long to break up the potential staleness of just test prep othe fun activities will be worked in as well.

As the class progresses I will be able to see where each individual needs extra help and each day we can take time to address these weaker points.

I hope this gives you a clear enough picture.

Best,

Jason

Hi Jason,

Thank you very much for your program outline. Your approach looks very structured and effective. I especially like your idea about trying to contact the students in advance to gauge their level and find out more about their needs. At this point I’m not sure we will be able to get to know the students before the official start of the course but I certainly will try to incorporate this element into the program. Ideally, the students would take our TOEIC Simulation Test.

Let’s discuss details on the phone or via Skype this weekend.

Best regards,
Torsten

TOEIC listening, photographs: Hunting

Hi Torsten,

I’m glad you like the plan and I hope make a positive splash with the German military!

When would you like to talk it over?

I should be on Skype later tonight if that is a fit.

Best,

Jason

Hi Jason, will you be available on Saturday evening or throughout Sunday too?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Walking through the grassland[YSaerTTEW443543]