Enemy at the gates!

Most countries have/had experience things like enemy at their gates. We Junglese have had lots of it in histories. Sometimes we won, sometimes we lost.

But I don’t want the Dragonese at our gates.

We, Junglese are proven fierce fighters, still we are no match to them.

Battle of Maymyo

In March 1768, Mingrui began his retreat, pursued by a Burmese army of 10,000 men and 2000 cavalry.

The Burmese then tried to encircle the Chinese by splitting the army into two.

Maha Thiha Thura had now assumed the overall command, replacing Maha Sithu. The smaller army, led by Maha Sithu, continued to pursue Mingrui while the larger army led by Maha Thiha Thura advanced through the mountainous route to emerge directly behind the Chinese.

Through careful maneuvering, the Burmese managed to achieve complete encirclement of the Chinese at modern-day Pyinoolwin (Maymyo), about 50 miles northeast of Ava. Over the course of three days of bloody fighting, the Bannerman army was completely annihilated.

The slaughter was such that the Burmese could hardly grip their swords as the hilts were slippery with enemy blood.

Of the original 30,000 men of the main army, only 2500 remained alive and were captured.

The rest had been killed either on the battlefield, through disease or through execution after their surrender.

Mingrui himself was severely wounded in battle. Only a small group managed to break through and escaped the carnage. Mingrui himself could have escaped with that group. Instead, he cut off his queue and sent it to the emperor as a token of his loyalty by those who were escaping. He then hanged himself on a tree.

In the end, only a few dozen of the main army returned.

(The Battle of Maymyo is now a military case study of infantry fighting against a larger army.)

( A bit about Junglese, I don’t really know. No pride and prejudice at all. Just facts. )

So wot to do.

Survival of the fittest always pays.

Human beings?

I wrote ’ to give us chocolates rather them democracy’ in one of my super rubbish.

Things are very coincidental. Now they have a Chocolate President.

Does Putin love chocolates? Dunno.

Me do.

So ChocoDemocracy, then.

Cool, I love it. Put the word in Oxford.

N.B - My great military strategy, go with the Dragonese and live on. Aheeee…

Cowardice or wise, dunno, we live on.

Mingrui

Qianlong in his early reign

We once was an Empire, and still in the world map.

Burma Those days.

Burma Today.

I should cowtow those mighty True leaders of Burma those days. So I live on.

The all other Junglese are not low IQ like me , I wonder.

( All battlegrounds were all in my Burma. )

In wars, men die, women prostitute. Ultimately, entire race disappears.

The Konbaung armies, according to the xxxxxx committed “unspeakably cruel” crimes against the populace, inflicting “one of the worst disasters in its history”

Wot du: u: want then?

Democracy or Wars or both?

Oh, dear. I’m so lucky to live mangy, until now,54. Thanks to my low IQ.

In MBA they say, location, location, location.

In Politics me say, location, location, location.

We can’t move Burma between England and Germany?

So give us some Swiss chocolates, rather than Greek democracy, which no Junglese really know ( but here in my Jungle, we have loads of ‘who know democracy and all’, lol. )

So it’s best to be a coward.

Human beings?

A rubbish hint
- if you don’t know who’s who of Rangoon ( those days ), you can’t know Burma, lol.

Oh, by the way, Brazil won’t win the World Cup.

They played horrible yesterday.

Hmm.

Shit happens. “C’est la vie”.

Oh, no, no, no, not for me. No, thank you very much, indeed.

Why not?

Simply, too big. lol.

Leaning never ends. Do you still think you’re good, eh?

Don’t talk this and that, if you don’t learn Wars.

In and after wars there’s no Democracy. So do be very careful.

[i]Late March, the Burmese had dug tunnels to the walls, and mined them. At 4 pm on 7 April, several sections of the wall were brought down by the mines underneath, and the Burmese troops supported by artillery fire stormed the walls.

The attackers finally breached the walls by sunset, and entered the city. The xxxx fought on inside the city but were eventually overwhelmed.
[/i]
Indiscriminate slaughter followed.

Everything in sight was put to the torch.

I think we, Junglese become wiser through those wars.

Are you?

Dragon Dance Mantra.

Long live the Dragon.

Long live The Burma.

Democracy can wait.

Play coward.

And live on.

Oh, I mean Play Dumb. IQ 40’s way.

And I sing sucking my mangy thumb.

Para bailar la bamba
Para bailar la bamba
Se necesita una poca de gracia
Una poca de gracia pa(ra) mi pa(ra) ti

Arriba y arriba
Y arriba y arriba, por ti seré
Por ti seré
Por ti seré

Yo no soy marinero
Yo no soy marinero, soy capitán
Soy capitán
Soy capitán

Ba-ba-bamba
Ba-ba-bamba
Ba-ba-bamba
Ba

Para bailar la bamba
Para bailar la bamba
Arriba, arriba

R-r-r-r-r, haha!

Para bailar la bamba
Para bailar la bamba

Arriba y arriba
Y arriba y arriba, por ti seré
Por ti seré
Por ti seré

Ba-ba-bamba
Ba-ba-bamba
Ba-ba-bamba

Cool , eh?

You can’t lead a country with this and that and these and those awards and medals.

But by Wisdom.

Human beings?

Don’t bother to track me down.

I’m just my mother’s son.

I’m no slave to anybody.

A Free man.

Cool, eh?

( I mean don’t waste public money, Just try to be good. Hmmm )

There are no chocolates in wars. ( Black Knight )

Where are the demagogues, pipers and shouters now, I wonder.

They can’t be dead yet, eh?

People are seen fleeing the Sloviansk area - scene of some of the fiercest combat - on Thursday

Politics always kills, thanks to their master politicians. The innocent perish for them.

For those about to rock.

“Billy Don’t Be A Hero”

The marchin’ band came down along Maine Street
The soldier blues fell in behind
I looked across and there I saw Billy
Waiting to go and join the line

And with her head upon his shoulder
His young and lovely fiance
From where I stood I saw she was cryin’
And through her tears I heard her say

Billy, don’t be a hero, don’t be a fool with your life
Billy, don’t be a hero, come back and make me your wife
And as Billy started to go she said keep your pretty head low
Billy, don’t be a hero, come back to me

The soldier blues were trapped on a hillside
The battle raging all around
The sergeant cried, we’ve got to hang on, boys
We’ve gotta hold this piece of ground

I need a volunteer to ride out
And bring us back some extra men
And Billy’s hand was up in a moment
Forgettin’ all the words she said, she said

Billy, don’t be a hero, don’t be a fool with your life
Billy, don’t be a hero, come back and make me your wife
And as Billy started to go she said, keep your pretty head low
Billy, don’t be a hero, come back to me

I heard his fiance got a letter
That told how Billy died that day
The letter said that he was a hero
She should be proud he died that way
I heard she threw the letter away

I love my wife much more than my country, dumb enough, eh?

You know why? Our families have existed long before the boundaries and wars made by Greed.

Human beings?

Oh, I miss Jane Fonda.

Yes, I was a 70’s hippie boy.

We were swell then, eh?

Sorry for the rubbish, but sometimes you can find some gold in the rubbish.

Want to get rich quick, eh?

Buy some shares in a gun company.

Everybody wants to die today by killing somebody, you don’t know?

Human beings?

( Or be a Widow Cleaner, after the wars, lol. )

Adios.

If you want war, count me out.

I’m too yellow for your great cause.

Do be very careful with his rubbish, they’ve got lots of tricks and traps.

I know him very well.

A Heroic Verse.

The Chinese command, which had already lost 20,000 men, and a quantity of arms and ammunition, now asked for terms. The Burmese staff were averse to granting terms, saying that the Chinese were surrounded like cattle in a pen, they were starving, and in a few days, they could be wiped out to a man. But Maha Thiha Thura, who oversaw the annihilation of Mingrui’s army at the battle of Maymyo in 1768, realized that another wipe-out would merely stiffen the resolve of the Chinese government.

Maha Thiha Thura was said to have said:

[i][b]Comrades, unless we make peace, yet another invasion will come. And when we have defeated it, yet another will come. Our nation cannot go on just repelling invasion after invasion of the Chinese for we have other things to do. Let us stop the slaughter, and let their people and our people live in peace.[/b]

[/i]
He pointed out to his commanders that war with the Chinese was quickly becoming a cancer that would finally destroy the nation.

Compared to Chinese losses, Burmese losses were light but considered in proportion to the population, they were heavy.

The commanders were not convinced but Maha Thiha Thura, on his own responsibility, and without informing the king, demanded that the Chinese agree to the following terms:

The Chinese would surrender all the sawbwas and other rebels and fugitives from Burmese justice who had taken shelter in Chinese territory;
The Chinese would undertake to respect Burmese sovereignty over those Shan states that had been historically part of Burma;
All prisoners of war would be released;
The emperor of China and the king of Burma would resume friendly relations, regularly exchanging embassies bearing letters of good will and presents.

The Chinese commanders decided to agree to the terms. At Kaungton, on 13 December 1769 (or 22 December 1769), under a 7-roofed pyathat hall, 14 Burmese and 13 Chinese officers signed a peace treaty. The Chinese burned their boats and melted down their cannon. Two days later, as the Burmese stood to arms and looked down, starved Chinese soldiers marched sullenly away up the Taiping valley; they began to perish of hunger by thousands in the passes.

For those who don’t know us, We the Junglese.

One more bit or the bits

The Army In 1981, it was described as [b]‘probably the best army in Southeast Asia, apart from Vietnam’s’.

[/b]The judgement was echoed in 1983, when another observer noted that “Myanmar’s infantry is generally rated as one of the toughest, most combat seasoned in Southeast Asia”.

In 1985, a foreign journalist with the rare experience of seeing Burmese soldiers in action against ethnic insurgents and narco-armies was ‘thoroughly impressed by their fighting skills, endurance and discipline’. Other commentators throughout that time characterised the Myanmar Army as ‘the toughest, most effective light infantry jungle force now operating in Southeast Asia’.

Even the Thais, not known to praise the Burmese lightly, have described the Myanmar Army as ‘skilled in the art of jungle warfare’.

( Once I asked one of my boys ( who was an insurgent and murdered three men ) what would you normally do when you see the Soldiers? he said laughing, ’ We simply run away from them, the farther, the better.’ )

Humbly yours

Steelnlace of Burma.

In hounour of the Burmese Army and Armies, who built Burma through out the histories. We, Junglese are the Born Soldiers.

Burmese, Vikings, wars and Pace

You all know who were the Vikings and who are they now in present days. To my very very little knowledge, Vikings were the most fierce fighters in Europe. And Burmese were probably the most fierce fighters in Asia.

Vikings retired killings and are giving away Nobel Peace Prize ( The Primary aims were noble ).

Burmese are trying to retire from killings. So please 'don’t make us kill again.

We sincerely love peace, not wars.

Humbly yours,
Steelnlace of Burma.

Burmese War Boat

Viking Boat/Ship

Well, in the end of the century long stories, We love papa the Dragon and he adores us, we the Junglese.

Cool.

Luvluv.

Steelnlace of Burma.

[i]Oh, no, no’ don’t turn it wrong or don’t get me wrong. I’m not an army man, or else. I’m just a mangy Junglese who loves Chocolate. Can I? lol.

I’m a free man who write my brains in my own kingdom of Liberty.I am my own master and my king. [/i]

Apologies for my poor Junglish.