Eilenburg group, until October 12, 2012

Dear Sam and the entire LeipzigEnglisch team,

We are very happy that you have been supporting us the current Eilenburg project. So far, we have been using the following materials:

1. Business Basics
  2. ‘Greed Will Kill You’ – a Business English Thriller
  3. Our website

As for Greed Will Kill You, here are the first three chapters:
blog.english-team.com/wp-content … ounter.pdf
blog.english-team.com/wp-content … _Plane.pdf
blog.english-team.com/wp-content … o-Tech.pdf

We are now working on a more detailed report and you will be able to read it by the end of this day.

Many thanks,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: Could we swing by my house on the way?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Dear Sam,

In our English course we have reviewed the alphabet and learned the NATO-Alphabet.
We have learned

• the difference between nouns and verbs
  • the difference between time dimension and tenses
  • we covered the simple present and the simple past and we would like you to review them with us again.
  • the numbers as well as telling the time
  • we covered business basics including page 27 and we look forward to doing some more exercises in the book with you

Also can you please introduce a present progressive to us. We did a lot vocabulary work but we need more. Also we have read a thriller called “Greed will kill you”. You will find the first three chapters in the previous post.

Also, we learned that Scott Graham is preparing Germans for intensive English courses in Norich. Could you please give us more information about this project?

Since we are taking a TOEIC Test in the end of the course. We have been preparing for it. Here is the link: english-test.net/toeic/exam/start.php?t=1

We look forward to meeting you in Eilenburg tomorrow.

Best regards,
Ines, Nadine, Sandra, Burgi, Jessi, Uwe, Janine, Kristina, Beate, Conny and Nicole.

Good morning ladies and Gentlemen,

I would like to briefly introduce myself, my name is Scott Graham. I am the manager/owner of Leipzig Englisch and I come from England.

Today you’ll be working with our executive trainer Sam which I’m sure will be a great pleasure for you. From what I’ve heard you have been very lucky to have had some great trainers, could you tell us a little about them?

I’m also very interested to know what you see as the benefits of learning English, are there any?

Anyway I hope you enjoy this course and have fun developing your language skills.

I’m looking forward to seeing more posts here on the forum.

Best wishes
Scott

Hi gang

One more thing, if any of you are friends on Facebook, please feel free to look us up!

Regards

Scott

Hi Scott,

Since the group has been using the Hipster account, they are not notified via email about any new posts so Sam should have them read your responses in class.

Many thanks,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: How long is Christmas vacation?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Morning Mr.D

I’ve sent him a text to let him know

Regards

Scoot

That’s great. By the way, he might want to use this with them: citytunnelleipzig.de/de/kont … ation.html[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: In which city were you born?[YSaerTTEW443543]

I’m posting Sam’s report on his behalf, as he is waiting for the admin of the forum to activate his account.

We had an enjoyable and productive two days together.
As far as the textbook is concerned we only covered pages 28 and 29, but we did a lot of revision of work already done such as the present and past simple forms as well as numbers, times and there is/are. On the Thursday we spent a lot of time learning to use the present continuous.

We used the following material:

Habits worksheet
Reading/writing relay
Essen Gramm units 4&5
Present continuous mimes

Hi Scott, many thanks for your update. Have just activated Sam’s account. Also, can I have a copy of the habits worksheet, please? Regards, Torsten

TOEIC listening, question-response: You wouldn’t happen to have change for a dollar, would you?

Dear Sam,

In our last lesson we praticed the listening comprehension part of the TOEIC test and played vocab and grammar games. We also reviewed the simple past and the present perfect.

We are looking forward to seeing you!

Burgi, Beate, Jessie, Janine, Conny, Sandra, Claudia.

Hi Phoebe, today I worked the first day with the group and Roberto is doing the second half. We went through all the 100 questions of the TOEIC test and reviewed the simple past by creating and acting out dialogs regarding our weekend activities. Please do review the simple past again to make sure everyone is comfortable using it. Also, please point out the ‘Who called you/Whom did you call?’ exception. Then I suggest you review simple present vs. present progressive and do some extensive vocab work on office activities. Also, have the group create small companies describing their departments, industries, products, competitors, etc. Have fun, Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: How many copies of the report do you need?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Sam, today we practiced the simple past using some pattern drill techniques. Then we discussed office equipment vocabulary and went to the shopping mall in west Eilenburg to do a similar project as this one: english-test.net/forum/ftopi … tml#420585

Tomorrow please continue reading the Business Thriller ‘Greed Will Kill You’.

Best regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: You didn’t shut down your computer, did you?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC GERS correlation: ets.org/s/toeic/pdf/toeic_ce … _flyer.pdf[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: What did you learn at the seminar last night?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Last Thursday our class did a project in the mall at Eilenburg east, called “Marktkauf”. There we saw many products with English names and our group found and took photos from approximately 70 articles. We were quite surprised to see that so many items in the stores actually have English packaging and descriptions. If you want to learn English in Eilenburg all you need to do is open your eyes when you go shopping.

Last Week, on thursday, our group went on an excursion to the supermarket “Marktkauf”. Our target was, how many English words can be found that there are a lot of English words. Areas for example are:

Beauty and Healthy
Media and Electronics
Toys
Foods and Drinks
and many more.

Here are some picture…

Enjoy.

Hi Burgi :wink: , that’s very interesting. Which products have you found? Can you load up some fotos? I wasn’t there.
Best regards
Nicole

Nicole, you can see some photos in the previous post submitted by Jessi. Also, Uwe gave me some of this photos and I’ll upload them soon too.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: Do you like the way they reorganized the office?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Here are the fotos of Uwe. Take a look and amazed about.

The question is, what does a grandma do in this dschungle?

Thanks for the hint Torsten, but the PC in front of me is … ggggrrrrrrr …

greetings from uwe :wink: