Eilenburg group, until October 12, 2012

You come to Marktkauf. On the right side there is out of the market the drinks market.

In the hypermarket you find on the right a vodafone shop. Side by side is a flower shop an than you see a butcher. Then you come to a bakery shop. After the bakery shop is a restaurant, where you can have a drink , have breakfast or lunch. Out of the market are toiletts.

On th left side in der hypermarket is the toom construction market. There you can find wallpapers, carpet floors, floorings, tilings, windows, doors, lamps. Out of this market you can find flowers and many things for the garden.

In the hypermarket itself you can find Food an Non Food. There are shoes, weare, home textiles, cosmetic articles, health articles.
In the background there you can also find bacery, butchers and vegetables.

Hi Phoebe,

Tomorrow please cover the following:

• review of all the tenses we have covered so far (simple present, simple past, present progressive, will future)
  • read chapter III of ‘Greed Will Kill You’ and have the group find examples of above mentioned tenses
  • do vocab exercises on ‘vacation/leisure time/holiday/hobbies’ and ‘family and relatives’.

You can also continue working with the book where Sam left off.

Have fun.
Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: They haven’t lowered the temperature, have they?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Summary of 2 October: Much verbal practice using present continuous vs. present simple. Family and adjective vocabulary from Basic English pages 63, 64. Review of the past simple again. Introduction of future with “will.”

Dear Phoebe, thanks a lot for your update. Tomorrow please use the Business Thriller again and have the group find examples of all the tense you have covered with them so far. Have fun. Regards, Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Moving an airplane[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hello all,

Today we talked about the differences between Present Simple and Present Continuous. This was the topic in the plan for the day, as well was also in the Business Basis Book which we used as well.

I explained it in detail on the white board with many examples, as well as used an outside exersice. We did many speaking examples, as well as pair work writing examples. After that, we went to the book and ocntinued with Chapter 6.

The class was very talkative, and I enjoyed them. We spoke about alot of things, and the speaking was not a problem for the students. Of course they made mistakes, but they were eager to ask questions, and to participate.

THe day went well. They understood the grammar, and tghe Business Basis book, grammar, numbers and numerals, percentages, years, dates and schedules, appointments, using PS and PC, and using PC in the future, and we also did a business vocabulary crossword at the end of the day which the students enjoyed.

Was a nice day.
Kind Regards,
David Rinderknecht

Hi David, thanks a lot your great work and your detailed report. Phoebe, please continue working on the tenses and also introduce the modal verbs plus telephoning. Also, on Friday please bring your bike with you. Instead, Janine will approach on the train and take you to the school from Eilenburg station by bus. Then, I’ll arrive at about 11:30 so we can all go to a restaurant downtown Eilenburg together. I can give you a ride back home on Friday so you wan’t need your bike.

Have fun.
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: With the pilots[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi all,

I found the whole 8 weeks total toll.

We have learned a lot and I could see a couple of things from the school that I learned in there.

We were a great group.

Greetings from

Janine

Hi Janine, many thanks for the kudos! We all enjoyed working with you too and you made great strides during those 8 weeks. I hope you had a good trip to Berlin and I’m sure we will meet here on the forum often. By the way, how did your job interview at BUW go down?

Best regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A protest march[YSaerTTEW443543]

I wish you all a beautiful Father Christmas :wink:

Hello Everyone,

I posted this same message else where, but I don’t know if it is where anyone will see it. I just wanted to introduce myself here. I will be teaching the Grimma course next week. I think the notes here will help with regard to having some idea of what to expect. I plan on using “Living English: Englisch für Erwachsene” from Pearson as my primary source for material. Its geared to an A2 level, and I think I can correlate it very well with some of the notes left here. I also have a book from Oxford University, which is geared more toward a B1-B2 level, and I might use it less extensively. It lacks some of the German instruction of the former, but I might utilize it more if I feel the students would benefit. I think I am going to spend quite a bit of time adjusting my lesson plans with each class for the first week, and then I should have a better idea of what to expect. Any comments or suggestions are welcomed.

Thank You,
Cale Reed