May for May
Jun for June
Jul for July
Aug for August
Sep for September
Oct for October
Nov for November
Dec for December

These are common in calendars – or when you write down a specific date, e.g.: Mon, Dec 20th 2004

Time expressions:

In the morning
In the afternoon
In the evening
At noon
At night
At midnight
At the weekend (British English)
On the weekend (American English)

In Unit 14 you will learn how to describe your family members.

Dear Sunny,

I’ve got a question regarding this topic. How to make use of them? i mean 'on, in or at"…

I’m looking forward to seeing your explanation.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Made sariada

Hi, Made!

I hope I understood correctly what you mean.

You use ‘on’ for the weekdays, e.g. on Monday and you use ‘in’ for the months, e.g. in April or in December.

For dates you say on September 20th.

Just ask further, if something is not clear to you :wink:

Dear Sunny,

How’re you doing? Apart from learning english, I also study German, hopefully then you would be glad to help me.

I’ve got a further question to distinguish the use of "in, on and “at” if it refers to places such as "in Germany, at the corner and other phrases. How should i use them in that term?

That’s all and I’m looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

ok,thank u sir
yours sincerly
swathi :smiley: :smiley:

Hi, Sunny.

I am interested in practicing this topic of Day, Month etc. II. Please help me to correct it !
On February 22th 2008 my friends have sent me a special packet.
Every January 30th my little sisters will celebrete her birthday.
Sunday, March 22th 2008 it is the important moments of my uncle’s wedding.
In rainy season we always reschedule the traveling of business to abroad
At afternoon I joint to discuss actively in this forum
Don’t forget to call your big brother at 12.15 a.m. on Sunday !
Aryani and Sitha have followed the Nasional Dancing Competetion in Bali Saturday, April 1st 2007
In the morning I am jogging with my family at Senayan.
Next April Sheila will enroll the Gajahmada of University in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Please attend to the meeting of celebration of Adv company at Horison Hotel, In Jakarta, Indonesia at 9.30 a.m. to be 04.00 p.m. on Sunday, June 2nd 2008.

Hi Renny

My suggestions are in boldface type, and my additional comments are [color=blue]blue:

On February 22nd, 2008 my friends sent me a special packet.
Every January 30th my little sister celebrates her birthday.
Sunday, March 22nd, 2008 was (the date of) my uncle’s wedding.
In the rainy season, we always have to reschedule business travel abroad.
In the afternoon, I join the discussions in this forum
Don’t forget to call your big brother at 12:15 a.m. on Sunday! [color=blue](Note: 12:15 a.m. = 15 minutes past midnight)
Aryani and Sitha participated in color=blue the National Dancing Competition in Bali on Saturday, April 1st 2007
In the morning I am jogging with my family at Senayan.[color=blue] (This refers to only one morning, probably tomorrow morning.)

Hello

I was born on 99th of September.
I am going to see my uncle in march.
He write the letter at 11.20 am.

Do not forget to get up at 7 am on Monday.

Which of these sentences are false?

Please send me a request as soon as possible.

Thanks

Hi ledeni_momak_at,

Thanks a lot for posting your sentences. Please have a look at my suggestions:

I was born on September 9/19/29. Or: I was born on the 9th/19th/29th of September. (There are only 30/31 days in September so you can be born on September 99.)

I’m going to see my uncle in March.

He wrote the letter at 11.20 am./He finished the letter at 11.20 am.

Which of these sentences are incorrect/contain a mistake?

Please answer as soon as possible./Please respond as soon as possible.

Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: Which day is the safety inspection?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Dear Torsten,
I am chekcing all email.
Every night I read my email and I always answerd.
Some time I make terrible mistake when I speak and write,
I hope to improve my English as soon as.
I was born on may and now I am working in Peru.

Thank you,
Edgar

Hi Sue

It’s all right that I know the abbreviation of the days such as: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, & Sun and also the months ;Jan, Feb, Mar,…Dec. I appreciate your teachings in english and thank you on lesson 13.

Regards
fil

Hi Everybody

Thanks a lot to all your posting and I learned much.

Regards
fil

Hi,

Here are some examples;

I was born on April 4th.
Torsten, I’m going to meet with you in December. =)
I accomplished my duty at 21:00 pm.

I’ll wait your unforeseeable answer…
Thanks,
With respect, Dilmon.

hi torsten
i read your mail and know about abberivastions.so i am writting some sentences pls read and correct me if u can.hi my sis marriage is on 7th dec. so i m leaving on 15th nov.so i ii be back on 14th dec.so i ll catch u after short break but don’t go anywhere just keep sending me lessons so can do when i ll be back.one more thing i want to disscuss with u that is which level i m doing because when i enrolled my name i didn’t bother.so can u tell me.i want to speak english so pls help me on that way also.pls correct my paragraph wherever you find mistakes.thanks for sending me interesting mails.

Hi Manu143

I have made suggestions for improvement for you:

You should leave a space between a period/full stop and the beginning of the next sentence. Remember to capitalize the first word in a sentence, proper nouns, and the word “I”. Try not to use the word “so” too often. Since this forum is not a text message or a chat room, you should spell words properly.

Hi, Torsten!
Some days ago I wrote a resume and had a problem with abbreviated forms of month. I can’t to write months names in very small cells where I need to place information about Full and Part time jobs. Now I feel myself like a professor! Because I know how to use shot forms of months! More over I know what to do at night Thu, Nov 13th 2008, in the morning tomorrow and at next weekend.
Thanks a lot for your lesson 13 (magic wonderful number!).
Svitlana.

Hello,

Well I did know the abbreviations but the thing about using “At the weekend” and “On the weekend” that’s clear now.

Thanks alot Sunny.

Regards,

Hello Sir,
How did u celebrate thanksgiving? I was in L.A. for 4 days during thanksgiving.1500 people attended " parivar Milan" ( like family gathering) event.We stayed in 5-star hotel Merriot. Enjoyed a lot.
I’m learning English with the help of the lessons sent by u. Every-time I’m learning something new. Sir I know the contractions like I’ll, we’re,
you’ll, she’ll,he’ll,they’ll,he’s (he has or he is ),but don’t know its pronunciation. Can u send an audio lesson for it ?
I was born on Mon, 25th of April. We’ve arranged a potluck on Sun,Dec 7th 2008.I’m planning to visit my aunty in JAN 2009.
Now some open questions :
Where were u during Thanksgiving ?
How r u ?
How many brothers have u ?
When will u visit Universal studios ?
Why r u writing stories?
What is ur favorite food ?
When did u pass ur masters?
How far can u see ?
Sir,plez correct, if any mistake is there
Thanks 4 teaching me English.Waiting 4 the next lesson.

Hello Sir,
In grammar test I got 9/10 correct answers. got 9/10 in easy question test.