Content plan January -- April 2023

‘Recorded’ I should have written

3 Likes

Absolutely Alan, a lot of value, thank you very much for your support. I’ll share your recording with my group tomorrow and will report back to you how they responded to it. @Masme, thanks a lot for sharing all your experiences and ideas and no, I won’t be recording anyone’s voice for a number of reasons, so no worries there :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you Torsten. That’s good.to hear :+1:

1 Like

Hello Torsten, here’s my voice recording:

7 Likes

5 Likes

I love both ideas: the transcriptions & the dialogues! I’m sure they’ll like the exercises.

3 Likes

Here is my recording - Andrea:

Here is my daughter’s recording - Nicole:

Here is our dialogue - Andrea & Nicole:

6 Likes

Torsten, here’s my recording:

6 Likes

I loved hearing everyone’s recordings! :smiley: Here’s mine @Torsten

6 Likes

Hi all! @Torsten - I love this idea, I’ll make sure to add my own recording soon, but I don’t think I can do it before tomorrow if that’s alright. That’s a great approach to exercise! I can attest to the fact that my own English picked up considerably after I started talking to people, out loud, especially foreigners who were unable to correct me in my native language. It takes some courage but it pays off immensely!

5 Likes

Hi @Torsten and all!

I’d love to add my voice recording but I’m still in bed with a migraine, so, as soon as my brain is better (and all noise doesn’t hurt) I’ll be back!

Kelly

3 Likes

Hi everyone! Here’s my recording, @Torsten. I hope it’s useful for your students :smile:

6 Likes

My dulcet tones attached :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@Marc, I’m so sorry I forgot to address you in my recording. I knew I had forgotten somebody and right after I finished the recording I realized it was you. I hope you can forgive me…

@Elida, @Sean-C, @Andrea, @tim_m, @Alan, @KellyW, @Sumejja, @Anglophile, @Tamar, I have a lot of more ideas regarding this project so watch this space and stay safe ;-).

In the book Wikinomics the authors describe how important it is to break through all the information silos that are being built around the world. Build bridges and tear down walls is a principle that has been gaining importance especially now with the pandemic still on the rise.

Together we can exactly do this: Build bridges and tear down walls… to be continued :wink:

4 Likes

Hi Torsten, @Torsten

There’s really nothing I should forgive you for. I’m just happy I can contribute to this project. I hope my voice recording can be used for your group and the others that will follow. I will record some more in future. :heart: What I can’t forgive is someone who gives people sharp blows about the ear. This afternoon I had to do some groceries and I went to the supermarket. Every customer is obliged to take a trolley, so as to keep a safe distance. Suddenly, I felt a bump my in back. It was man who had forcefully pushed hist trolley in it and he started shouting: ‘You’re in my way, get out of it now.’ I slowly tried to walk away, to avoid an argument, but clearly I wasn’t fast enough for him. So, he came up to me and slapped my face. This was noticed by the personnel and they called the police. The man was arrested and I was asked if I needed any medical aid. I said I didn’t. I still feel a bit of pain, but, if t it continues I’ll shall have no other option, but to send for a doctor. However, when I came home I immediately took a shower so as to wash the man off me. However, don’t worry, I’m sure everything will work out fine. By the way, forgetting is human and there are worse things in life, I’m sure you’ll agree, besides I’m not a vainglorious Hollywood star.

3 Likes

I’m really enjoying this! :slight_smile: No worries, Torsten, you’re free to share any piece of information concerning my professional life :slight_smile: Of course, you are also free to share some general information about my life. I found it really amusing that they thought I was from Scandinavia. Cheers!

4 Likes

Hey @tim_m , I’m not sure if it’s just my computer or not, but I was listening to everyone’s recordings but I couldn’t hear yours for some reason. :worried: It wasn’t playing when I pressed it! Am I missing something?

2 Likes

The same happened to me, but when I replayed, I could hear the recording perfectly.

2 Likes

@Tamar, I’m able to play the audio from my computer fine. Is anyone else having trouble with the file? I can try to upload it again.

3 Likes

@Torsten - A few of us did a recording after Natalie last year. :rofl: Don’t you remember? I decided to do a new one here! :wink:

3 Likes