Can you evaluate my IELTS writing task 2 essay. Thank you so much

**Question: Modern technology has made it easier for individuals to download copyrighted music and books from the internet for no charge.

To what extent is this a positive or negative development?**

These days, with the advent of technological breakthroughs, file sharing is more and more widely used. Therefore, it is sometimes argued that this has a significant contribution in installing copyrighted songs and books without paying fees. While there are several negative impacts, I firmly believe these are outweighed by their positive influences.

On the one hand, one might argue that freely verified documents installation poses serious threats regarding property disagreements. For example, the Vietnamese national song, which is used to be played on numerous occasions. However, due to the lack of strict rules imposed by the government, some companies have bought the song’s right to generate more income. Despite explaining reasons to the public, this topic has raised people’s awareness about the risk of no charge documents. Thus, capturing music and books has an adverse bearing on its owners.

Nevertheless, I would contend that being able to download music and books on websites plays a vital role in education and entertainment aspects. For instance, Google Drive, which is famous for file sharing via the Internet, is used by billion of users monthly worldwide. This is because they use this in order not only to fulfill their self-study purposes but also to escape from the hustle and bustle of their life by watching and listening to their favorite songs. This example illustrates a good explanation of how a free downloading source helps users to study and relax.

In conclusion, technological advents have a great impact on downloading free stuff on the Internet, especially music and books. In this regard, it seems to me that these advantages are more significant than their disadvantages.

(271 words)

2 Likes

Nowadays, with the advent of technological breakthroughs, file sharing is becoming more and more widespread. Therefore, it is sometimes argued that this makes a significant contribution to installing copyrighted songs and books without paying fees. While there are some negative impacts, I strongly believe that these are outweighed by the positive impacts.

On the one hand, one could argue that the installation of freely reviewed documents poses a serious threat in terms of property disputes. An example of this is the Vietnamese national song, which is played on numerous occasions. However, since the government has not issued strict regulations, some companies have bought the rights to the song to make more money. Although the public has been educated about the reasons, this issue has raised people’s awareness of the risk of free documents. So the capture of music and books has a detrimental effect on their owners.

Nevertheless, I would argue that the ability to download music and books on websites plays an important role in terms of education and entertainment. For example, Google Drive, which is known for sharing files over the Internet, is used by billions of users worldwide every month. This is because they use it not only for self-study, but also to escape the hustle and bustle of their lives by watching and listening to their favorite songs. This example illustrates well how a free download source can help users learn and relax.

To sum up, technological advancement has a great impact on free content downloading from the Internet, especially music and books. In this regard, it seems to me that these advantages are more significant than their disadvantages.

2 Likes

Could you give me your suggested score for this essay? Thank you so much :blush:

1 Like

It really depends on what scoring system you are referring to.

1 Like

You can estimate my score based on the IELTS band description which is uploaded by British Council or IDP.

1 Like

Probably Band 6 but I wouldn’t place too much importance on those scores.