Big head

Hello Kati,

I think you must have a happy big familly .How many children do you have ? And how many grandchildren do you have ?

Give my best regards to your family ,

Jess

Dear Jess,

I believe in planning my day to day goals and implementing them; my life, luck and future depend on the implementation of my well thought plans! There is no scope to expect more than what I’ve done.

I find it very interesting to see that you could interpret my way of thinking in your own way of expressions. Surely putting on more time and energy from the scarce resources of the daily life for leaning English would fetch miraculous achievements!

If you find visible factors of daily advancements your confidence level will be much higher to pursue the set goals.

You’re right! We’ve to make progresses little by little, but every day! Then cumulatively we can find one day that we’re well versed in English language skills!

I think, our thinking patterns are matching well to share each other, meaning we can support each other to learn Englihs better.

Thanks,
Mujibur

Hello Jess,

I would like to answer to your question, but it’s midnight. We went shopping to Budapest and we came home in the evening. Of course I am very exhausted so I write to you only tomorrow. This is a memento that I didn’t forget.

Bye:
Kati

Hello to all taking part in this thread,

I have been very busy with work, for that reason I have been less active on this site.

I enjoy reading all your comments a lot.

Jessi, you wrote:

“Today I miss my mother a lot, it seems as if I can hear her voice nagging me.”

Did your mother pass away? Must be hard for you, you are still very young.

** Today, after work, I did some gardening. I planted some broad-beans, tomato-plants, pepper-plants and a Nopal (cactus).

Except for the Nopal, they are all from dried seeds that I previously sowed in small pots inside the house.

I love gardening; growing vegetables, cultivating fruit trees and less encouraging – cutting the lawn.

The lawn decreases in size as it makes way for the plants, my wife agrees with the development as the harvest tastes much better than the products one buys at the market or supermarket.

My study-mate for the CPE has been too busy to accompany me, that’s a pity, because not many people here want to study for and sit that exam.

A big hug to all of you, I’m going to eat something.

Enjoy your weekend,

Ozzy

Hello Ozy,

It was very good to read your letter. It radiates some happiness, humanism.

My husband also similar to you, he is an artist painter but when he couldn’t paint he find his own happiness in the garden. In this moment also he is in the garden and does something. My hobby is to learn English and his hobby is gardening.

I began to learn English because my daughter got married to an American - and don’t ask why - but my grandchildren in the US don’t speak Hungarian. I hadn’t want that I couldn’t speak to them so I began to learn English. So the problem is solved because I can say everything to them. Of course I understand them with difficulty, but they repeat what I hadn’t understand. They are teenagers and speak slang also. But as they like reading lot, their vocabulary very large.

I believed that Jess wrote. So I was very surprised when I saw your letter.
Now I write to Jess also.

Bye for now:
Kati

Hello Jess,

I began to listen to China Ing. Since I know you I always imagine myself in your place that I could recommend you to listen to it or not. Sometimes very critical of Chinese boom. But it would be interesting for you, because it speaks about your country, and it develops our listening very well. Of course I don’t want to persuade you to do. Only I say if you want I send you where could listen the parts. Because Torsten downloaded in a great parts. I have it in" 5 minutes of parts" but in this way it takes me about 2 hours to write it etc.

Now I interrupted the listening because there was a part what seemed to me fair and square.
"Will China’ peasants find their way relatively peacefully into their country’s urban future or will they rebell? " This is the question.-I thought this, me also.
“Furthermore, China does not need to match America’s Europe’s or Japan’s commitment to universal education or make opportunities for all its bright students to attend universities;”

I have four grandchildren. 2 in the US and 2 here in Hungary.Audrey was 16 in July, Tomi will be 15 in August, Leon will be 14 in October and Peti was 12 in May. I will send picture about them. They are very nice and all like us very much. The grandchildren can show their love more than their parents. So of course we adore them.And it is mutual.

Hello Jess! Is your mother already at home. I hope so.

Take care:
Kati

Hello Ozzy,

Thank you for taking interest in all the posts and comments passed on here.

Pleased to hear about your gardening hobby. You’re lucky in the sense that your wife prefers fresh vegetables and other garden products than products from the super markets. Gardening is really living with the colorful lives! By the by, have you seen the beautiful pics of Kati’s garden posted here earlier?

It’s a matter of great sorrow that Jess lost her mother so early! It’s evident from her expressions how much she is missing her mother! We feel for her from the core of our hearts! Let she be able to bear all her strains and agonies in this hard time!

Thanks,
Mujibur

Dear Jess,

I am in deep distress that I didn’t understand your situation. I know of course the word
to pass away but I apologize to you that I didn’t think its real meaning I thought that your Mum wasn’t at home. I think this is my greatest blunder what I made.

Dear Jess, I hope that you understand me. I became unaware of this word. This is so not expected, that I didn’t dare to think of it.

Now Mujibur’s letter woke me up. I don’t know why but I loved very much your correspondence with Ozzy. That’s why I didn’t intrude in. And when I’ ve seen Mujibur I dared to write me also. Now I am happy that we can write to each other. Everything is important for me what happens to you.

Take care.
Love:
Kati

My dear friends Ozzy , Mujibur and Kati,

I don’t know how to express my gratitude, that’s so kind all of you .

My mum is still alive , actually . She is ill and in hospital now , my father accompany her. She always tell me she is fine and let me don’t worry her .

It’s time to work , talk to you soon.

Jess

Many people may walk in or out of your life , but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart , a friend in need, is a friend indeed .

Dear Jess!

It’s great that your mother hopefully is going to recover early from her ailment! I find that you’ve a strong attachement with your parents; and you miss them a lot even from a short period of separation!

I’m thankful to you for adding a new word “nagging” in my vocabulary!

You’re right that a true friend is always beside her/his friend in well and woe!

Wishing you all the best,

Mujibur

Jessi,

I am happy to hear that your mother is still around; please send her positive energy and ask your family and friends to do the same.

When you see her, tell her that you love her and need her very much, even though she knows you do – saying it aloud always raises their spirits.

If you hear her voice calling you – or as you previously said, screaming at you, pray the way your religion tells you to and the way you feel most comfortable with.

Kati:
You seem a very wise and warm-hearted person to me, having grand children in The USA can be rather difficult; especially as they are reluctant or just not able to speak your language. It’ll be some years more until they appreciate their grand mother again; now they are facing identity-problems due to double nationality and too many changes because of their age.

I have have seen similar problems with some (not all of course) Mexican families whose children went abroad to The USA and their desire to improve their life is/was so big that they try to avoid speaking Spanish.

The result is that the grand parents can’t communicate with their grand children up to the age of 20. At that age most people get their senses back and value more family ties.

Mujibur,
Gardening has helped me a lot to relax in this overcrowded city; 22 million people on a small piece of land drives you crazy at times. Towards the end of September I am starting with teaching an online course which is estimated to take 4 hours a day.

Back to gardening, at first my wife was not interested in the garden at all – in fact, she wanted to move to an appartment closer to the city centre.
Now she is really into it and suggested selling tomato, pepper, chile and other decorative plants that I grow at a market.

I am including a picture of two types (out of four) of four-leaved clovers I have.

I wish you all a fruitfuil week and study while you can.

A hug,

Ozzy

Dear Mujibur,

What does this word “attachement” mean ? I love my family very much , and I think the best thing is live together . We are family , we belong to together . I’ll be very happy if when they need me , I can accompany them . As I can’t find a good job at my hometown , we have to live apart .
Hehe…you’re welcome ,dear ,I also learned a lot from you . I like “nagging” ,it’s very vivid . I think maybe you will like this word “approachable”-----I have an approachable face.

Give my best regards to your family ,

Jess

It’s now or never

Dear Ozzy,

What’s the weather like in Mexico these days ?

Every time , when I get your message , smile always come to the corners of my mouth stealthily .
Your words always warm and useful ,thank your very much indeed . From now on , I will express my love and let my families know how much I love them and express my gratitude to my friends let them know how much I need them , meanwhile give my hands to them if they need .

What’s the name of the plant on the right side of the picture ? Have you ever tasted the leaf ? I think it’s a little acid.

It’s great to know you love gardening , cultivating fruit trees and growing vegetables . My father also plants many fruit trees aroud our house —grapes, loquat,cherry and walnut.

A big hug,
Jess

It’s now or never

A big hug ,

Hello Kati,

I have listened to the China Inc since you share me the link .I think we need to think the same thing in different angles in a peaceful mood . That’s right , it’s very interesting ,and it’s a good way to improve my listening skills although I’m not agree with some of what they say , they misrepresented some facts in China.

You are a great grandmother .Due to the language barriar between you and your grandchildren ,you take learning English as a hobby . I think It won’t be long you can communicate with them freely.

Give my best regards to your family,

Jess

It’s now or never

Hi, Jess! You wrote:

I want to (I’d like to use “wanna” here btw but I’ve seen somewhere on the forum Beeesneees told it isn’t an expression that might to be written) add there an other word: antidisestablishmentarianism. It isn’t vivid and actually very bored, but… though :).

Thank you for resisting the urge to write an incorrect word, DEA! :slight_smile:

Hi, Beeesneees! It’s my pleasure :)!
It’s quite sad though 'cause (is it possible form of “because”?) I like how it sounds and looks.

I can’t stop you using it if you are determined, but it’s an informal oral contraction of ‘going to’ derived from quick speech which is not carefully enunciated.

Hello Jessy,

I answer only now because we came home from Budapest in the evening. I found your letters.
Firstly I am very happy that we misunderstood your letter. It isn’t good that your mother is in hospital and there is still hope. You may not resign yourself to the inevitable.

I don’t know how old she is but I have to disclose since I was 45 years old my very grave illnesses follow each other successively. Everybody got frightened, except me. I felt that I have to recover. I read everything, Chinese therapies, virtuous plant etc and I had faith in them and I recovered. My second illness was a cancer in the ovaries. This is a kind of cancer which can be identified when they couldn’t help. I got an allergy -cut it short: I became allergic to my own tumor. The doctor told me “you grasped the God’s leg” what means you were very lucky with this allergy.

Dear Jess, continue to hope ! And than Ozzy told do your best to show your love to her. It helps her strength to recover. You are very important for her. When I was ill my children were more important for me than before. When they came into the ward, to see them it was a half-recovery.

I am very curious how is your mother now? Better or her state stagnate? I esteem very much the Chinese treatments. It is good that the Chinese never threw away the traditional treatments so sea of experiences collected together.

As I promised I try send you some pictures.
The first is a link about my single granddaughter,Audrey. In Paris, she had looked for the house where they have been lived for two years.
s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com … ure=LySaez

1. My Hungarian grandchildren Tomi and Peti

1. American grandson, Leon and me.

My daughter Sophi and her husband Henry and their son Leon

Dinner

Bye for now.
Kati

Hello Jessy,

I forgot to send you the link where you can listen to 3 minutes parts. It is very good and I am very grateful to Masoya who sent it to me. I couldn’t download but I askd an expert and he downloaded for me in few minutes. I don’t know you can do it by yourself, if not, I hope you have somebody to help you.

Here Masoya letter:
Hi Kati;
If you downloaded the China Inc. you can download a free mp3 split er like the one in this link and split it up to 3 minutes files.
[u]http://www.yaosoft.com/[/u]
so you can listen it in short parts and you will be able to help me scripting it.
best
Masoya