Big head

Hi Ozzy ,

How are you ?
Your method is work me well . In the past week , i try to read and listen many english texts , highlight useful phrases , sentences and words even written them down . It’s not only stay my focus and in my free time i can review what i have written .
Share a happy thing with you . I’m always afraid to do questionnair for our trainings , but yesterday i did a questionnair in English successfully ,i’m very happy …

Best regards,

Jess

It’s now or never

Hello Jessica,

I have been quite busy and well.

Great news that the method is being fruitful for you, thank you for sharing, I really appreciate that.

Congratulations with your achievements regarding the exercises online here.

Allow me to tell you that the pronoun “I” is always written with a capital letter, like this “I”.

Investing time in learning English becomes meaningful when you see positive results as in your case the questionnaire.

I will change a part of your text, if you like that, I can do that more often for you.

"Your method is work me well . In the past week , i try to read and listen many english texts , highlight useful phrases , sentences and words even written them down . It’s not only stay my focus and in my free time i can review what i have written . "
–> Your method suits me well. Last week I read and listened to many texts, highlighted useful words and sentences and I even wrote them down. It not only keeps me focused, but in my free time I can review what I had written.

Keep on studying hard ; - )

Edouard

Hello Ozzy,

Thank you very much for your warm help. I like it verymuch. If you can do that more often for me ,I’d be very happly and let me express my many thanks to you in advance.

Today I read a sentences “In business you don’t get what you deserve ,you get what you negotiated” ,it shocks me a lot and I thought a lot about myself and compared my situation with my colleagues, I found I need to learn how to present my performance to my boss well . Maybe I didn’t tell you I have changed my job at last Sep,so my boss is a new boss, he doesn’t know me well .

Thanks,

Jess

It’s now or never

“In business you don’t get what you deserve ,you get what you negotiated”

That sentence makes a lot of sense.

Selling yourself well, is key to your own success, absolutely.

Regards,

Ozzy

Hello Jessica, Ozzy and my old friend, Mujibur,

Jessica and Ozzy, I saw your correspondence and it was so cute that I didn’t want to come into your dialogue. But now when I saw my good friend, Mujibur here, I decided to wrote to you. I hope I am not arrogant but I like to look up in the dictionary the new words. So I’ve looked up the “big head”, because I am a curious nature. And I read this:“A person having a very high opinion of how important and clever he is. Too proud.” It has numerous synonyms:
Only a few:arrogant, contemptuous, haughty, high minded, prideful,self-important,self-conceited, self-confident, self-satisfied etc.

Now I have to go. My husband wants to leave somewhere. So I have to finish.

Bye:
Kati

Hello Kati,

I thought you might find this useful:

I saw your correspondence and it was so cute that I didn’t want to come enter into your dialogue. But now when I saw that I’ve seen my good friend, Mujibur here, I’ve decided to wrote write to you. I hope I am not arrogant (possibly you mean ‘presumptuous’) but I like to look up in the dictionary the new words in the dictionary, so I’ve looked up the phrase “big head”, because I am of a curious nature. And I read this: “A person having a very high opinion of how important and clever he is. Too proud.” It has numerous synonyms:
Only a few:arrogant, contemptuous, haughty, high minded, prideful,self-important,self-conceited, self-confident, self-satisfied etc.

Now I have to go. My husband wants to leave go (or ‘leave for’ + name of the place) somewhere. So I have to finish.

Hello Kati and Beeesneees,

There are no private threads here and everyone is free to join conversations; it enriches the learning part.

I see from your number of posts, amount of exercises of this page and recorded messages that you are pretty dedicated to learning English, Kati - congratulations. : - )

Regards,

Ozzy

Hello Kati Svaby!

Thanks a lot for your curious attempt and coming up with the interesting synonyms for “big head”! The English learning efforts of Ozzy and Jessica are quite appreciable here! I wish they would continue with this topic page in a regular pace!

By this time you’re already in here and Bev has taken interest with her valuable supports. I hope many other forum members would find this topic page an interesting one.

I agree with Ozzy that you’re pretty didicated to learning Englisn language skills, Kati - congratulations!

With warm regards,

Mujibur

Hello my dear friends ,

I haven’t came to here for severl days , i’m busy in prepareing my oral English test these days.

I’m happy to see your new posts , I want to know more about you and your work .

Thanks,
Jess

My dear friend, Jess!

Many thanks to you for visiting this page though after a short break!

I’d like to let you know that I’m in a great passion of English language as I believe I’d be greatly benefited through out my life if I’ve the mastery over this language. With this perception in my mind I’m pursuing English learning exerting lot of time, efforts and resources; especially I’m taking part in this forum every day with few exceptions only.

I’d ask my dear friend, Jess, to take part in this forum with more intensity!

Thanks,
Mujibur

Hello Bez, Mujibur, Ozzy and Jess,

Bez, of course I was very happy with your correcting feedback. MANY THANKS FOR IT.
Surely you know that it is always a very big joy receiving a feedback from you. I have no excuses only one: I know I should have had to write: I decided to write to you. This was an oversight of me.
Of-course that is neither an excuse.

I would like to answer you a normal letter but only after a while. As I had written to Bez a week ago, this week will be so difficult to me, -that I said-if I survive it I will survive everything in life. For the present I am very exhausted at I am at the end in my strength. So I will send Jess a letter few of my a number of Chinese memories.

By for now:
Kati

Hello Jess,

I could tell you lot of things. I send you this letter because i would be curious of your opinion.

#27 (permalink) Mon Aug 08, 2011 15:50 pm Speak spontaneously!
2 Listened

Download mp3 Click to listen

Hello Mujibur,

I write to you this word: hutong. You have to pronunce that it is written. It’s very good that I saw life in the hutongs. If you look up in the internet you can find pictures about them. They were cooking, doing washing up, washing , in the evening they were talking to each other. I don’t know where they had been moved. Who knows?

The Chinese are very nice. I liked them as they were squatting on the edge of the pavement. Chiefly the old Chinese. This is a custom in China. They can squat than the grasshoppers. Their legs are in an invert “V” position and their bottom doesn’t touch the field. Incredible, and they can squatting in this position for hours and they enjoy life. I hope you believe me.

And the other what I admired that they like very much the birds. In the evening when they go to walk they take their cage with them, inside with their bird. The cage is covered on the way and when they arrive in the park they take off the cover and the bird starts singing.

You can buy very beautiful cages. I bought one for its beauty. The vessels in it- are made of Chinese porcelain. Beautiful!

I saw lot. I was there when the capitalism began.

My son worked in the Hungarian section of Chinese Radio. His colleagues spoke in Hungarian fluently. Everyone of them has a Hungarian name also, and they used it when we were together. The last evening they invited us for a Chinese dinner, which was made up of 15 dishes. They are very hospitable.

Now I wrote it but the next time I will speak spontaneously.

Bye:
Kati

Kati Svaby

I think Torsten Daerr and Alan Townend and your course is the best for me.I would like do as long as I can.
Kati Svaby
I’m a Communicator :wink:

My dear friend , Mujibur!

I’m very happy to get message from you.You are a good example to me . I’m quite agree with your pionts, if we can communicate with others freely in English many things will become better and easier, and will benefit for us through out our life.Those days I’m taking a part-time postion in my company due to lack of manpoer , I feel very busy , but I don’t think this is a good excuse, I will part in this forum more often as I promised . Thank you for your kind reminder .

Thanks,
Jess

It’s now or never

My dear friend, Jess!

It’s really great that you responded with expressions full of your lively zeals and commitments to have mastery over the English language; and to take part in this forum regularly ignoring all kind of lame excuses! Congratulations! Thouhg it’s a great challenge for any body to be consistent and regular, but really achievable if one can detail out the importance of learning English for his/her own causes. It’s a question of fighting against your existing lifestyle detrimental to your regularity goals. Please analyse your day to day habits, trace out the harmful ones, and get rid of them. You need strong determination to have successes with regards to your day to day English learning goals. And be smiling and confident on yourself.

I’m greatly benefitted out of above expressed ideas. I think it would be of much help for you, too.

Bye for now!

Mujibur

[quote=“Kati Svaby”]
Hello Jess,

I could tell you lot of things. I send you this letter because i would be curious of your opinion.

Bye:
Kati

Kati Svaby

Hello Kati,

You mean the Beijing culture ------“hutong”? Nowadays, hutong is tourist spots in Beijing and Hutong is one of the unique special features , in a degree, it could be simply defined as the old city alley that tend towards from east to west. You described a picture that happened in old China—Many people lived in hutongs ,they were cooking, doing washing up, washing , in the evening they were talking to each other ,they lived simply and happily ,it’s a faded picture . Now many people live in modern buildings as well as other countries in the world .

China is a rapidly developing country,and changed so much. Take my hometown for example the dirt road became the paved road; then it became a wider road and now it is a two levels multi-lane highway in short 30 years.

Our grandpa like birds and often raise birds as pets. But only some of them like birds , they can’t stand for all of Chinese.

Best regards,
Jess

It’s now or never

Today I miss my mother a lot , it seems as if i can hear her voice nagging me .

Dear Mujibur ,

Thank you for your warm support and effective advice. As we know learning English is a ongoing process ,which happens every day. As you said analysing my daily routine and find out the harmful ones then rid of it , I think It’ will help me make good use of my time and have more time to learn English . Thank you again .

Best regards,
Jess

It’s now or never.

Hello Jess,

I am taken aback that you misunderstood my letter. In the contrary, I admired your more thousand years old culture.

This episode, what I wrote to Mujibur about the hutongs, I tried to describe something interesting what existed. I am very happy that I could still see life in them. It is good that some of them remained. These are today art relics.

As Torsten has a conversation about China, apropos of a book, its title is China Ing. when I began to write about this book something I wanted to tell those things - and severely I didn’t want to speak about my personal experience of the new world and NOT about the Forbidden City the Summer Palace and the other miraculous churches, or the Temple of Heaven and other hundreds of temples what I had seen - I only want to explain the reason of the Chinese miracle. - how did I saw.

I didn’t want the China Ing book changed my opinion what I had experienced. This is a little episode -to Mujibur’s letter about the hutongs, the Chinese people and their amiability. I am very sorry if this doesn’t express it. Every country has its hutongs, at best its name is other.

I know, about there are lot of dispute about the hutongs’ origine. I heard they derives from a Mongol world and can mean “water well” an area which had only a single well. They were built likely during the Yuan Dynasty.

You misunderstood me unfortunately.
What I wrote before starting to read the China Ing you can read here.

english-test.net/forum/sutra … tml#377799

Of course I am not a China expert. But if you read this, you can see what I try to explain now and there.

Bye:
Kati

Dear Kati,

Thank you very much for sharing this link with me. First of all , I must apologize to you for my misunderstanding,I’mterribly sorry dear Kati.I’m very impressed by your kindness and straightness.

Yes there is a lot of dispute about China and chinese media ,and so on. But I think like every family has their own problems , this is a normal situation in every contury . We should believe what we saw and our own experice , not misguided by someone 's words . The world is so complicated ,even we don’t know what’s true and what is fake. We do what we believe and believe what we always believe , make things simple and happy .

Thanks,

Jess

It’s now or never

Hello Jess,

I am very happy that we understood each other. Politics of a country and the people who live in it, these are two very different things, or as the English says not a piece of cake.

I met very nice people in China, and I really liked those old people who was squatting on the edge of the pavement.

It happened a very interesting thing in our family: one of my grandchildren whose parents lived for more than one year in China, and this boy was born here in Hungary after their returning about a year, and he could squat in the same way than these old Chinese men. Nobody can squat in this way. No explanation for that only we are laughing at. And of course he is very proud of it, and he didn’t understand why we can’t squat in this way, because it is so easy.

Bye for now.
Kati
(I am in a hurry, so I made surely mistakes. SORRY!)