At universities and colleges, sports and social activities are just as important as classes and libraries and should receive equal financial support. (It is my first essay, I will be thankful if you refine it)

I believe that it depends. Some colleges try to be the best, for example, at sports, other ones in acting classes. Logically, the majority of students are interested in the main college activity. So why do ‘sport’ college should invest in acting classes equally and vice versa? The solution that I can see is the following. ‘Sport’ college may have agreement with local studio, which has acting classes, and invent there in case students want to enroll in this activity. This will also minimize the number of staff since they’ll be no need to have in-house acting teacher for ‘sport’ college.

3 Likes

Check out my response to a similar post I made a few months back: Universities should give the same amount of money to their students’ sports activities. I think it might give you some perspective into the current US model, where I think schools tend to favor and certainly invest huge amounts of money into collegiate athletics. Let me know what you think!

3 Likes