Associations with 'Ukraine'

Hello!
I’m Ludger and I’m also a new member. Talking about Ukraine, I don’t know much about this country. I come from Madagascar.Ukraine brings me back into memories of Republic of Sovietic.The story was not very good but I think that changes can happen. I believe… We shouldn’t be closed… Finally, let’s focus on improving our english.

i want to talk about new friends iam ready to make new friendship

Right now, some of the fantastic jazz musicians I work with, as well as the great jazz sax player Stanley Gayetzky, better known by his stage name ‘Stan Getz’.

hi Victor .
I don,t know Ukraine but I have heard that it is a beautiful country . I’m from Syria and I work in the airport so I see always ukrainian people every day coming or travelling from my city ( Aleppo ) which is a touristic city .
Maybe one day , I will know and see your country .
bye . Kinda

dear Victor:
Torsten introduce you to me duiring the mail . i read what they post above and i know some about Ukraine.i am from china .what i want to say about Ukraine is that it is a beautifull ,great country with handsome guys and lovely girls . no one can stop her from independent ,booming improvement .i donot like soviet union sometime and i hate stalin .he killed too much and got too much lands from those neighboring countries such as Ukaine and china . i like Ukraine girls .can you introduce some to me ?i am still single till now .my mail is jeky602@yahoo.com.

Hi there,

My name is Delia and I’m from Romania…so we are neighbours…I live in Satu Mare, a town which borders both Hungary and Ukraine. Even though we are “closed” I have to say I really don’t know much about your country, except for the fact that you love sports, you are good at it…and we are rivals in gymnastics…:slight_smile:
And what I know is that your products are less expansive than in Romania and many people from my country (especially here in my town, or towns close to the border) go shopping there.
Still, I don’t really know much about your life style, but I hope we keep in touch and you’ll tell me more. I am interested in intercultural exchange.

Best regards,
Delia

Frankly speaking i don’t know much about Ukraine but the first thing that comes to my mind is of course the disastre in Chernobyl!Cause there are things that cannot be forgotten during the whole live. And I remember Viktor Yushchenko with Orange Revolutionl.
P.S
Having read all the messages in the forum I’ve gained lot of knowledge about Ukraine.

Hi Victor,
My name is Ganesh. I am writing this letter because my Teacher ask me to write to you about your country (Ukraine) I append below some interesting information about your country.

I am very surprised to hear that your country’s rivers and lakes freeze in winter…? So how the fish and other creatures live during that period? The main Ukrainian river is the Dnepr’s it is one of the longest European river. Ukraine is one of the world’s main centers of sugar production.
Ganesh

HELLO! I am from Latvia (but now live in Scotland), so I know quit a lot about Ukraine. I always watch Russian news and I can see that in your country now is nearly chaos. I mean your government Yuschenko and Timoshenko. But I want to tell about your people. When I came here first time (it was 4 years ago), I had to share one house with 24 people, because we worked at farm as a students. And 18 gays of them was from Ukraine. We all became very good friends, I till now we contact to each other with some of them. They every time invite us to Ukraine and I hope once I will visit your country. :smiley:

hello every one,
my name is Ngonabo Ebeni from Nigeria.i really dont know anything about your country.
i wil really love to learn about you guys

Hi Victor,

I aplologize, as I dont know about your country Ukraine :frowning: . However, I would love to know about Ukraine.

Waiting for your reply

With Regrds
Taruna

Hi,Sir and friends ,
I saw you guys could write these messages fluently, I am really hope I can expreess myself correctly.Because I have no confidence in my English writting ,Please share some trick with me.Thanks!
kevin

Truskovets, salo, Orange Revolution, Sophia Rotary!!!

When I think about Ukraine that the first thing that pop up in my mind is related to the handsome Ukraine’s president, Victor Yushchenko, who was poised. It is supposed that he was poised with dioxine at the order of Russian officials. I don’t know if it’s true or not, but it is, certainly, that such a thing is a lamentable one. The second thing, is also connected to a political person, I mean Yulia Tymoshenko and her arguments with the Ukraine’s president.
I don’t want Vic to feel embarrassment about our thoughts, but in our countries that belonged to the communist political system a lot of strange things have been happening in last years, and, unfortunately, it’s possible that other such things are going to take place in near future.
But when I am thinking about Ukraine I remember my young age ( in 1975 I was seventeen years old) when I took a trip to the former URSS and Poland. So, I saw the beautiful city Lavov that liked me very much, with its old buildings and very many shops. I was astonished to me to see in the windows of the shops extraordinary jewelleries made of gold, diamantes and brilliants. Romanian people couldn’t see such beauties in their shop windows at those times. In conclusion, I have beautiful memories about Vic’s country related to my youth. In the meantime the history course of our countries is changed and we hope to a good direction. I like Vic tell us more about his country and his capital (e.g. important places to see)

I wish to all my friends from this site, A happy New Year!

Diana
Romania

Hello Victor,

When I think about Ukraine, the first thing that pop up in my mind is related to the handsome Ukraine’s president, Victor Yushchenko, who was poised. It is supposed that he was poised with dioxine at the order of Russian officials. I don’t know if it’s true or not, but it is, certainly, that such a thing is a lamentable one. The second thing, is also connected to a political person, I mean Yulia Tymoshenko and her arguments with the Ukraine’s president.
I don’t want Vic to feel embarrassment about our thoughts, but in our countries that belonged to the communist political system a lot of strange things have been happening in last years, and, unfortunately, it’s possible that other such things are going to take place in the near future.
But, when I am thinking about Ukraine I think also of a nice one, I remember my young age ( in 1975 I was seventeen years old) when I took a trip to the former URSS and Poland. So, I saw the beautiful city Lavov that liked me very much, with its old buildings and very many shops. I was astonished to see extraordinary jewelleries made of gold, diamantes and brilliants, in the windows of the shops. Romanian people couldn’t see such beauties in their shop windows at those times. In conclusion, I have beautiful memories about Vic’s country related to my youth. In the meantime the history course of our countries is changed and we hope to a good direction. I like Vic to tell us more about his country and his capital (e.g. important places to see)

I wish to Vic and all my friends from this site too, A happy New Year!

Diana
Romania

Hello Victor!

I’m from Russia (Siberia in particularly). That’s why it seems to me that we know about Ukraine more than other countries. The latest news we have about Ukraine deals with the gas: its supplying and transit.
As for other aspects… 2,5 years ago I went to Crimea. I liked that trip. We lived in Evpatoria. I had a lot of excursions during my staying in Crimea. I hope I’ll go there again.
I want to talk to you. If you want, you’ll be able to find my email address in my profile.

Happy New Year!

I’m from Brazil I’m so glad to know about you and your country, acttualy I don’t know almost nothing about your country, but I remember about Chernoby tragged and I feel so much about that. I believe that now the times are others, totaly different I hope so. I’d like to know a litlle more about your country if you want to tell me I 'll thanks a lot.

God bless you"

Matias

Dear Teacher
I have already wrote about Ukraine. This time I am writing about Geography this is the second one about Ukraine as per your request
Ganesh

Ukraine
Located in southeast Europe, the country consists largely of fertile black soil steppes. Mountainous areas include the Carpathians in the southwest and the Crimean chain in the south. Ukraine is bordered by Belarus on the north, by Russia on the north and east, by the Black Sea on the south, by Moldova and Romania on the southwest, and by Hungary, Slovakia, and Poland on the west.

STOP STEALLING OUR GAS!!!

Don’t have a grudge against me I’m only joking. I really love the Ukraine and people from this beautiful country! We are the brothers and arguing betwin our politicians is not our business.

Ukraine
The territory of Ukraine is mostly a level, treeless plain, calls “steppe”. There are the Crimean Mountains in the Crimean peninsula and the Carpathians in the west, but they are not very high. Mixed forests of pine and fir-trees, beeches, limes, oaks and elms cover the mountains, but the thickest woods can still be found in the northern part of the republic, in Volyn. Kiev and Cherkassy lie in the midst of Ukrainian southernmost pine forest. The main Ukrainian river is the Dnieper. It is one of the longest European rivers and one of the republic’s main source of hydroelectric power. The Dnieper and its tributary the Ross had been the cradle of the Ukrainian and Russian people in time immemorial.