ABC Song

Hello all!

i was looking for some information about the ABC song in the forum, but couldn’t find anything. It just stumbled over it recently. It helped me a lot to memorise the pronunciation of the letters. Here my interpretation of the song:)

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

So nice…both the voice and the thought that went behind :slight_smile:

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for this recording – it sounds terrific and it’s great to have a musician here on the forum now. Maybe next time you can sing a little song and play the guitar?

Let me know you think.
Cheers,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Announcing the collection of charity items[YSaerTTEW443543]

really nice thanks

Thanks man

Hi Honorfield,
Wow, you can be a great singer. I enjoyed myself listening to your song.
I wish you all the best. Remember, "The journey of thousand miles begins with a one step."

Noren Lee

PS: Please let me know when you release your first album.

Correction

The journey of thousand miles begins with one step. (…not a one step…)

Noren Lee

hi Stefan,

I realy like it, thank you so much!!!

sincerely,
Noor:)

Hi,
your song is sound well,
nice journey in this forum

ESPE

Estefan
Your voice has good entonation, and it’s been diferent whose other ones’ voices sound.
George

Hi,
It’s so good that I can listen to everybody. Well,I think we can up our knowledge so much from this forum. Next time I try to record my voice . Now my java has a problem , so I can’t do it now.
Lax

Hello,
Nice song and can hear clearly, Thanks.
Would you please listen now to my voice, I’ll try to imitate you,
Thank you so much

HI Maia K,
I really enjoyed myself listening to your voice / song several times. By the way, are U really from China or rather a citizen of China? And one thing, how do you pronounce this letter “Z” ? Which one you prefer " zee" or “zed” … though both seems to be the same? I prefer the former one. Thanks.

With Regards
Noren

Hello honorfield,

This is fun! Can I sing too?
That aside, I’d like to complete your lyric, if you don’t mind, of course.

A B C D E F G
H I J K L M-N-O-P
Q R S T U and V
W X Y and Z
Now I’ve learned my ABCs
Next time won’t you sing with me

Yay!

what a nice topic thank you Honorfield
I think you’re searching for the song
Here you are
youtube.com/watch?v=5XEN4vtH4Ic

Hello Noren,
Thanks for your post comment. I live in Beijing as an ex-patriate. Originally I come from Georgia, ex- Russian country. Staying ib Beijing for 3 years. Working as a freelancer. I prefer Z to pronounce as a zed. At least that was what I was taught at school.

Hi Noren,
Thanks for the reply! I really appreciate that. Well, I’ve been living in Beijing, China for 1 year and plan to stay 2 more years. Originally I come from Georgia. Regarding the pronounciation of Z, I prefer it sound as zed.
Thanks again

Hello everyone,

Hello Maya. I believe that I have not properly introduced myself to you. Most people in the forum call me by my username, and sometimes they simply refer to me as Y.I. I am delighted to make your acquaintance.

As for the pronounciation of the letter [z], both /zi:/ and /zed/ are correct. The former is commonly pronounced by British English speakers whereas the latter is commonly pronounced by American English speakers. However, in “the alphabet song”, I believe that [z] is pronounced as /zi:/ in order to make the last part of the song rhymes. You can see the full lyrics on my previous post in this topic.

I’m a great lover of Engkish kids songs!

Yeah, that’s a good idea!! It might be a laugh! (^_^)
Don’t you mind if I sing?
Many thanks, Chana

Hi Youscream… you seem to have that the wrong way around. The Brits pronounce the lettername ‘z’ as /zed/. It’s the Americans who say /zi:/