A big hello to all new members!

Hi everybody! I’m from Azerbaijan,does anybody know this country? I want to improve my english and I hope it will work. :smiley:

Hi medeya2012,

Welcome to our forum. Yes we have heard about Azerbaijan, we know that you have a lot of crude oil :slight_smile: and your capital is Baku. What about you? Where did you learn English and why do you want to improve your language skills?

Talk to you soon,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A Snow scene[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten! I’m so glad to know that somebody has information about my country,thank you. I want to know english better, for my future, for job and so on. I have already begun to study French,but it’s very difficult.

So what kind of job do you want to do and how many languages do you speak?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Restaurant on the lake[YSaerTTEW443543]

I don’t know exactly, but actually my profession must be translater, in the future of course. Now my enghlish is so bad, that I can’t find words to describe this :cry: Idon’t want to be translater,it’s so boring.I’d like to work in gov’t, I only wish :smiley:

I think your English is pretty good, you can express your thoughts, ask questions and communicate with others. Why do you want to work for the government and what kind of job do you have in mind?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Canoing on a mountain lake[YSaerTTEW443543]

Thanks for support, I’m happy to hear that.I forgot to say that I know Turkish, Russian, English, I now a little French.I don’t know why I want to work in gov’t, I guess this is more interesting. If I could, I should be a diplomat.Did you hear about Karabakh? If I have chance, I would settle this problem, as diplomat I could help to solve this problem.armenians occupied our territory-Karabakh and don’t want give them back.it’s unjustice thing that most Europian guess Karabakh as armenian territory,they don’t believe us, so unjustice. :frowning: May I ask where are u from? have u ever heard about this?What do u think?

Hi medeya2012,

Yes I did hear about the Nagorny Karabakh conflict and I think it’s one of many examples where the two parties involved claim that they are right and other party is at fault. Look around and you will find a variety of similar situations. The all follow the same pattern: Once the conflict emerges, both parties start pointing the finger at their opponent. If you want to become a good diplomat, you will have to learn how to negotiate. This means you have to able and willing to see from the other party’s point of view. Conflicts like Nagorny Karabakh are complex. It’s just black and white, there shades of grey in between.

By the way, what do you think of the current quarrel between Russia and Georgia? And how are you going to solve the Karabakh conflict when you become a diplomat?

As for me, I’m from the EU.

Talk to you soon,
Torsten
PS: Why do you write “u” instead of “you”?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A green valley[YSaerTTEW443543]

HI Torsten,

You are right.Yes, each side want to win,but if one party is really right and can’t prove it,what will happen then? I know that both parties must hold talks,discuss this problem and find the that grey shade.Our country has been waiting the settlement of this conflict patiently for 12 years though we are the harmed side, but there’s still noprogress, we have only inefficient talks.I see perfectly the other party’s point of view and how they want to solve the problem.Other country’s people also must know the right side,they must know truth, not somebody’s fantasy.Mediators also play an important role on this situation, for my opinion.How can solve this conflict? I should show all truth to the world and with the help of other counties solve the conflict.I think this way will be justice, like a democratic election.
I think the new conflict or war in the region may distroy all relations among countries in Caucasus, it may distroy economic balance among countries,trade relations and etc.
I know you are from EU, but from which country are you from? It’s not very important, you may not to say if you don’t want.
I thought “u” is “you” ? :frowning: o.k I shall never use this, if it’s wrong. We speak about policy, is it allowed to discuss here such things?

Hi medeya2012,

Yes of course you are allowed to speak about the situation in your country. When you say, I want to tell the world the real truth about about the conflict, how do you know that what you are saying is the truth? Where do you get your information from? What exactly is the truth about the Karabakh situation? What would you say about the same situation if you had been born in Armenia? As far as I know there are lots of conflicts in the Caucasus region, Karabakh is just one of them. What do you think are the reasons for this?

As for me, I’m from a country that shares borders with 9 other countries and was one of the founding members of the EU. Can you guess what country it is?

Talk to you soon,
Torsten

PS: Regarding your spelling, you can use a spell checker to see what is correct and what isn’t.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A row of tippie tents[YSaerTTEW443543]

I don’t know exactly, but I guess you are from Germany, am I right?
I can prove it with historical documents, searches and etc.If we have more relations with other countries we could prove and show all truth, we’re on the way of proving our truthfulness.We late, but we haven’t lost yet.Russians say: luchshe pozdno, chem nikogda!( I guess you know russian)
IF I were armenian? I should been informed by my generation that even if Azerbaijanians and TUrks are right, even if Krabakh is the land of Azerbaijanians tell all over the world that Karabakh was armenian land, never be polite with turks and always hurt them! That’s what I should think if I were armenian!
I don’t know why Caucasus is always in fire, but one thing is clear for me: Caucasus is very reach with resourses and that will be the cause of wars forever.

Hi medeya2012,

Do you know of any country of region that is wealthy and politically stable? I mean, if a region has a lot of natural resources, does that necessarily mean that there has to be a war constantly? What if the people in that region started to share their resources and create more wealth for everyone? How many different nationalities and ethnic groups are there in the Caucasus? Hundreds I guess.

I think most of them don’t care too much about what ethnic or religious group they belong to. What they really care about is how they can live a life in peace no matter what religion or nationality they might have. I think that the average Armenian has pretty much the same goals and questions like you. How many average citizens of Armenia and Azerbaijan benefit from the current conflict? I’d say the vast majority of both nationalities don’t have the time and resources to engage in the battle. They have to earn a living and the last thing they need is yet another violent conflict. How many Armenians do you know personally? Have you ever heard of the fact that the mass media have a great influence on how people think?

Yes you guessed that right, I’m from Germany and I do speak Russian. So, what do you think of the current Georgian/Russian conflict? Is it similar to the Karabakh quarrel? Who do you think is right and who is wrong?

Speak to you soon,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A flooded community[YSaerTTEW443543]

I think that’s the reason of wars, there’re too many diffferent nationalities in Caucasus for living together in peace.You know, if there’re many nationalities in one region and if they all have own gov’t, then conflicts between them aren’t very strange, unordinary thing. Though they have similar traditions,customs, they always quarrel.For example, Azerbaijanians guessed armenians as their brothers, really, we gave them shelters in Karabakh when they were in bad condition.We gave also Germans shelters when they come here( they came and live in Yelenendorf and Annenfeld in Azerbaijan) but they never tell that Azerbaijanians are cruel and that land where they live is Germany’s land.One of German professors(woman) found out that armenians want to get germans’ houses in Azerbaijan and drive out Germans from Azerbaijan,she search this fact and will write about it.YOu know when Russia fighted with Iran then Russians moved armenians from Iran and from Turkey to Azerbaijan,and gave them the most beautiful place in Azerbaijan-Karabakh, we met armenians as brothers,helped them,then one day " our brothers" told that Karabakh is theirs.So, is that their thanks to us? :x I have never met such liar nation as armenians in the world,and they have very good imagination.Armenian people used to tell their children that turks(Azerbaijanians) are their enemies, when we guessed that armenians accept us as brothers.we believed them, that was our mistake.I have never met armenian personally, but if I meet one if them , I will ask some questions to know why they hate all turks, what we did for such hatred towads us? armenians steal our musics too. Did you hear Sari Galin? it means “blond fiancee”(in Azeri) but armenians told all over the world this music is theirs, but they did’t change music’s name, it’s name still is written as Sari Gelin in armenians’ discs which they sell in foreign countries, so funny thing.
Yes media has great influence on people, we can use it to prove something, but truth.
Russia/Georgian conflict is a little different,. I think one country mustn’t rush internal matters of the other’s or neighbour’s.I can’t speak about Russia/Georgian conflict, as I don’t have much information.They could solve problem easier than we.The right is that one ,which want protect own land.

Hi medeya2012,

If you have never met an Armenian in person, how do you know they are all liars? Do you think it might be possible that some of the Armenians are as honest and good as you? Also, do you think there are or have been similar conflicts to the Karabakh one? If so, how have they been solved?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: The end of the pier[YSaerTTEW443543]

Everyone must have information about enemies,so do I.Armenians can look honest and good, but they aren’t honest and good us we,they just cannot!
I don’t know, every conflict has different features,so parties can solve conflict when both want progress on solving problem,if one of the parties run from discussion,talks,what can the other side(Azerbaijanians) do in this situation? :?

Hi medeya2012,

You see, a large number of people turn to the Internet as a resource of information. For example, if they want to get an overview of the Armenian history, they google the term ‘armenia wiki’. As you know, Wikipedia is very popular amongst Internet users around the world. Now, if you read the Wikipedia entry about Armenia you will find some basic information regarding the country’s history and the ongoing conflict with its neighbour. There are lots of people who trust Wikipedia although there certainly are more reliable resources of information available. The thing with those resources is, that most people don’t know and use them.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A view from the coast[YSaerTTEW443543]

I understand you. There is one problem, people can find information about any country they want,but they won’t know that this information is true, or not. I can’t accuse that people who read about one country and believe what is written there. :frowning: It’s not their fault.There are much information about armenians’ history.Though our history before century is older than theirs,I didn’t see our b.c history there,only 1-2 sentences.If some foreigner read ours and theirs history,they will think that armenians history is older than Azerbaijanians, but it’s not right guess.

Hi medeya2012
I’m curious: Do you think the same thing about Armenians who now live in the USA, for example?

The reason I ask is that the only Armenians I know are Armenians whose families have immigrated to America. And I never met one who seemed to be bad or dishonest.

Amy

Hi Yankee,
I don’t know about how armenians in USA behave,maybe they look honest.I know that they may say your my brother,at the same time make plans how to harm you,so you can’t see what is in their mind.They were honest to Azerbaijanians when we were countries of USSR,but I don’t know why suddenly they changed mind after secession of USSR.So, now I don’t believe that there may be armenian that thinks Turks, Azerbaijanians their friend,neither do we.
Maybe you’re American,that’s why they’re honest with you,I don’t know.I don’t believe them after what they did with our nation,so cruel.

Hi medeya2012,

What do you think happens if an Armenian marries an Azeri and they have a child together. I mean, would that child be honest and good like the Azeris or dishonest and cruel like the Armenians?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Fishing in the city[YSaerTTEW443543]