Zoos are tourist places that attract a lot of people

Hi Kitos,
I just have started again, this is my third essay. Can you take a look to see if I have progressed or not?

Topic: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: a zoo has no useful purpose. Use specific reasons and examples to explain your answer.

Why many governments of many countries around the world build zoos. Of course, this is because zoos bring a lot of advantages to human communities. For example, governments can use zoos as places to protect endangered species. Zoos are tourist places that attract a lot of people. Furthermore, zoos even have educational role in educating young generation.

First of all, many governments use zoos as places to protect endangered animals. A vivid example is the US. About a few decades ago, the number of individuals of giant eagle decreased alarmingly. In some period, the number of giant eagles left in the world was only around 500. It was very hard for them to survive without human assistance. In this concern, the US government decided to take them into zoos to protect them, and used some methods to increase its population. The result was very good, after a period of time, giant eagle population increased significantly. Now, they are no longer an endangered species.

Secondly, zoos are really good places for tourists. Actually, with many people, especially children, zoos are their favorite tourist destinations. In many vacations, some people take their families to zoos to visit. They feel really relaxed when they can see animals that usually live in the wild such as elephants, lions and so on. For example, when I was a child I was really happy whenever my father took me to a zoo. I felt really excited when I could see a big elephant using its proboscis to grasp branches, or a gentle panda eating bamboo.

Last but not least, zoos play an important role in education. Zoos are the places where people can learn about habits of wild animals that they probably never see in the real life. Zoos are even more important to children because these are places where children can see live examples of wild animals that they learn in school. If children only see wild animals in pictures or movies, they may feel bored about studying. However, if they can see by their own eyes how big and strong an elephant is, how beautiful a peacock is, they will realize that the world is fantastic. Hence, they will be more excited about studying.

In a nutshell, zoos can bring a lot of benefits to human community. They can help us protect endangered animals. Zoos are also a very important choice of many tourists. Furthermore, zoos even take part in educating young generation. From all these things, I hope that government in my country will build more zoos for its citizens.

TOEFL listening discussions: Why must the young woman leave?

1 Like
1 Like

Why many governments of many countries around the world build zoos. It’s because zoos bring a lot of benefits to human communities, of course. For example, governments can use zoos as places to protect endangered species. Zoos are tourist places that attract a lot of people. In addition, zoos even have an educational function in educating the young generation.

First of all, many governments use zoos as places to protect endangered animals. A vivid example is the United States. A few decades ago, the number of giant eagles declined alarmingly. At one point in time, there were only about 500 giant eagles left in the world. It was very difficult for them to survive without human help. For this reason, the U.S. government decided to place them in zoos to protect them and used some methods to increase their population. The result was very good: after some time, the population of giant eagles increased significantly. Now they are no longer an endangered species.

Secondly, zoos are really good places for tourists. In fact, zoos are a popular destination for many people, especially for children. In many vacations, some people take their families to the zoo. They feel very relaxed when they can see animals that normally live in the wild, like elephants, lions and so on. For example, when I was a child, I was very happy when my father took me to a zoo. I got really excited when I could see a big elephant grabbing branches with its trunk, or a gentle panda eating bamboo.

Last but not least, zoos play an important role in education. Zoos are places where people can learn about the habits of wild animals they are unlikely to ever see in real life. For children, zoos are even more important because they allow them to see live animals that they learn about in school. If children only see wild animals in pictures or movies, they might get bored learning. However, if they can see with their own eyes how big and strong an elephant is, how beautiful a peacock is, they will realize that the world is fantastic. Therefore, they will be more enthusiastic about learning.

In summary, zoos can bring many benefits to the human community. They can help us protect endangered animals. Zoos are also an important place for many tourists to visit. In addition, zoos even contribute to the education of the younger generation. For all these reasons, I hope the government of my country will build more zoos for its citizens.