Youngsters work or travel for a year between high school and university

Is there somebody help me revise the essay?Thanks a lot!
In some countries young people are encouraged to work or travel for a year between finishing high school and starting university studies.Discuss the advantages and disadvantages for young people who decide to do this.

Text:

In contemporary society, it is generally recognized that social practice is playing an increasingly significant role in our lives. However, it is controversy that whether youngsters are supposed to hunt for a part-time job or go out for a visit or not in a gap year between secondary school and college. Some people argue that that it can enrich youths’ social experience. Speaking for myself, I think their view has considerable merit.
There is no denying that choosing to work or travel in a gap year may bring numerous benefits. In the first place, it can release the physical and psychological stress which formed at high school. A vast number of pupils are treated as passive receptacles of predigested ideas. Consequently, students fairly necessitate enough relaxation time to adjust themselves before entering colleges. In the second place, it is advantageous for adolescents to enrich their social experience. Specifically, youngsters choose to hunt for a part-time job. Such as, a sale assistant in a shop, a product promoter in a company and a tour guide in a travel agency etc. Lastly, tourism can expand their horizons and enhance their first-hand experience to some extents. Teenagers can profit from one-year social experience in the high school and university period.

On the other hand, I admit that it also create some detrimental effects in some way. The fundamental reason for this is that students can not be easily accustomed to the new lives in the university. The pupils are in an excessively free and forget a great deal of knowledge. As a consequence, it leads the barriers to assimilate the study of university. In addition, there is a potential danger existing in the society during that period. Teenagers are confronting numerous social instability problems. For instance, illegal employment, social violence and addiction to drugs etc. It is considerably negative to promote the students’ physical, mental and emotional development.
In summary, I acknowledge that youngsters go for a work or o visit in a gap year would bring some banes. Despite that, I am convinced that the merits of adolescents working or travelling in that period would outweigh the drawback of that.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a student and a university service representative