You must be pulling my leg!

Hi Hi how are you Mr.
Iam very sorry for disconnected with you befor that time because I have many problems in my job , Iam thankful for every thing to did for me and others to learn more about grammer in english language
i found the essay very nice and I got some new information
thanks for all
Huda

Hi Alan

I liked it very much and your hoax was really funny. :slight_smile:

hi
your essay is avety wonderful one. i liked it very much. you are right about april 1st.in egypt,many people play tricks on each other.But i think younger people no longer cheated by such tricks
thanks mr.Alan for your essay

Hi!
in Mexico the day that you just pulling my leg is en 28 December and it is call " innocent day"
you trick somebody with a hoax and if they belief you laughter and to say “innocent pigeon”

very intresting yours storys jus the last I did not understend very well because I need more
vocabulary to learn.
thank you very much.
regards.
Arigirl.

Hi Mr Torsten.
in Mexico in 28 December it´s call “innocent day” you tell a story and people belived
when the day past you tell everybody “innocet pigeon” that story it was a hoax.

thank for sheare yours storys it was fun.
regards.
Arigirl.

I like the topic very much and i really wish to have the book of English test.

Dear Allan,

That essay is great ! Thanks so much, I learn more from your essay ex: new words & their using way,.etc…

I want write a lot to thank you, thank you.

Best regards,
Bui Huong ( Viet Nam)

Hello,
I really enjoy reading this article. I learn a lot of new words taht I’ve never heard. Very intresting stuff!!!

Well, what can I say about these hoaxes. I hate being conned and never do this to the others. Honestly It’s very popular day in my country. They love all kind of jokes. At least they call it jokes. English you have a certain name for these kinds of ‘‘jokes’’ or tricks. ‘’ Hoaxes. I can’t understand why should we hoodwinck other people? And how can the people enjoy the otheres making them conned…

Hello Mr. Alan
How are you today sir.
This time i decided to explain each unknown word in your newsletter sir. at first what is the meaning of “trouped out”
and also " we all get caught out sometimes" ,and latter I like your stories sir , but I feel that it carry a philosophy idea behind it ,which I can not understand. You really pulled my mind sir.
thank you very much
your student
Mona Ramzi

Well In fact it´s a very nice essay and I have learnt a lot of new vocabulary which I thankyou. Let me tell you that in my country Colombia) that date is unknown, but we oftenly do these childish pranks on December 28, this day is called the innocent day nad it comes from the Bible, it reffers that on that date were killed many children, but now all around the country we use to do this pranks and the TV news show all the embarrassing situations all their staff have suffered during or previous the recording of those news.
Torotel

Hello everybody,
I like the story in the way you narrate, and also that you use a diversity of words, so the story could be seen as enriched in vocabulary as well as in caption the attention of students.
Thanks again,
I’m at least waiting for more other stories so keep it well!
Mihaela

Hi Mona,

Glad you liked the essay. ‘Trooped out’ means ‘walked out in a large group’. ‘Caught out’ means ‘tricked’.

Alan

Hi Alan,
I’m glad to have chance reading your essay…my writing skill is very poor and i’m trying my best to improve it. I dont know where to start, but i just try to begin with reading a lot in english…I want to be good in writing…please help me…

Hi Alan,
I’m glad to have chance reading your essay…my writing skill is very poor and i’m trying my best to improve it. I dont know where to start, but i just try to begin with reading a lot in english…I want to be good in writing…please help me…

Hello everyone,
Long time no see you guys.
The stories are really interesting, especially with vobulary explanation. It’s hard to find such a useful link like that.
I love to have much more stories and learn more new phases of word/expressions.

Please listen to my recording and respond with a voice message too. Many thanks.

Hello Alan!

I did not know the meaning of the title and I was really wondered about it.
In my opinion, finding out an etymology of words and various expressions is very interesting thing, especially in English. Мoreover, it helps me to remember the words and phrases.
Sometimes I try to see interconnection between words of different languages. There are a lot of similarities. It is very useful approach.

Thank you very much for sending letters with interesting facts and stories.

I just want to say “thanks” for this essay and, of course, for every lesson. Besides, listening parts are really important. Sometimes we are very used to read in English, even Jane Austen’s stories (so up-to-date!), and when it comes to understand English movies, slang and phrasal verbs, things become harder. Anyway this is improving day by day!

Hello i want to learn English lessons but according to the condition i cant pay attention on time.sorry.