Writing:Television advertising directed toward young children should not be allowed

Most people agree that advertisement has a powerful impact in young children. In my opinion, acces to commercials is a enourmously disadvantage to both kids and parents as a whole. I feel this way for two reasons,which I will explore in the following essay.
To begin with, researches shows that advertisement may also develop a materialistic ideia of the world in children. When their innocent minds are regularly being exposed to content which portrays that having the best things is necessary for their life, it may take children to give undue importance to material wealth.
Secondly, children are more manageable at an early age,when they don’t know how to make choices. My own experience demonstrate this concept. When I was a kid, I wanted a specific doll from a commercial,my parent bought it on my birthday. It turns out that the doll wasn’t as exciting as I thought, I played for a few days and it was a waste of money for my parents. This disappointed me a lot because I thought It was going to be the best present. This example shows that a children it’s not capable of making wise choices especially when it comes to spending money.
In conclusion, I strongly believe that advertising specifically toward children should not be allowed at an early age.

3 Likes

Hi Julia, welcome to our forum. Sometimes it’s a good idea to introduce yourself when you join a new community, don’t you think? As for your essay I recommend you try to use a spell checker and write shorter sentences to make sure you use only phrases you know exist.

Also, you might want to follow some of the advice I have given your fellow learner @Memo34 here:

3 Likes